Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualseeker View Post
I will have to check out that book. Ive been looking at a dzogchen meditation which is buddhist but I think this meditation is also found in Hindu practice. It is called natural meditation or non meditation. You basically just sit and be present. You dont necessary focus on the breath or the body. or thoughts. You let everything arise in pure awareness. I find this might be a good way of practice for me. I am also trying Rushen or self inquiring. Asking myself who I am. Or i will relax myself with the breath concentration then try to shock my mind by saying WHO AM I, WHERE AM I, What Am I, etc... then letting go and seeing if there is a new way of perceiving.

So far...my answer is... I dont know who I am.
Actually, in taking Dzogchen (chen, root word chenpo, "large great" and dzog - perfection, that is "Great Perfection") teachings, you actually commit that person is one of your gurus. Also, Dzogchen is generally not done without ngondro.

This of course has relaxed, but Dzogchen actually has vows, etc. A lot of teachers relax on this, an so on... Of course, dzogchen also has dharmapala - dharma protectors, or wrathful beings. So, do not share Dzogchen teachings, they are "supposed" to be secret.

In any case, Dzogchen is where one sits presently, seeing all as the dharmakaya - because the mind has seen the mind of their Guru as the Buddha, and present - even in themselves.

So it is a lot more then just being present - all thoughts are the thoughts of the Buddhas, all sounds are mantra, and all forms are enlightened buddhas. You have top view everything like this, with "pure view" - or you are not keeping samaya.

Hence, it is very hard to keep.

In any case, the exception to all this if you didnt know what you were getting into, and were not intent on practicing 100%... then none of this applies.

Just for information

Namaste