Thread: Just a quick question on Hinduism

Just a quick question on Hinduism

Salam!
    I am a new member here...hopefully no one will be offended by my questions.
    India is poor. Hinduism has never been a world religion. Why then do people consider Hinduism to be special? Hinduism hasn't helped India or the world. So why are hindus bent upon spreading it outside of India when India itself hasn't benefited from it?
    Again, these are honest questions from an honest seeker.
    Akbar

Re: Just a quick question on Hinduism

Quote Originally Posted by King Akbar View Post
    Salam!
    India is poor. Hinduism has never been a world religion. Why then do people consider Hinduism to be special? Hinduism hasn't helped India or the world. So why are hindus bent upon spreading it outside of India when India itself hasn't benefited from it?
    Akbar
    Salaam King Akabara,

I hope you reciprocate and do not feel offended.

Let me start with a joke:

A militant muslim: "Hey, you. You join our creed, else I will behead you"
    The captured heathen "It is fantastic. If I join your creed, you will cut my penis. If I do not join, then my neck".

--------------------

Now, akbara, with that kind of image throughout the world, why do you think that you should strive to propagate Islam (which should mean surrender to Allah) but which has become "Surrender to me or I will bomb your home".

Why? This is my honest question. Please do not be offended.

Believe me that I love Kuran and Prophet and I worship Allah alone. But my honest question is why (and impelled by what) only beheading, lynching, killing, looting, robbing?

Om
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

You've cleverly evaded my question. Anyway, the answer to your question: freedom struggle.

You've cleverly evaded my question. Anyway, the answer to your question: freedom struggle.
    So, you are bonded. So, unfortunate. You have evaded my question more than i have yours. It is unfortunate that though Allah is merciful and peace, you are entirely devoid of these two qualities. You are only able to see negativity everywhere. Ironical. You have not read Koran fully and are acting merely at the command of your nature, which is hard and full of negativity.

This is your honesty? Actually you are bonded to your own untruthful nature and burning out yourself with that.

Will you ever look at yourself rather than find fault everywhere else? The problem is in you.

---------------------

If you agree to leave behind sarcasm and a-priori critical attitude, we may be able to discuss a few things in civil fashion. Humanity is one.

Om
    Last edited by atanu; 31 May 2009 at 04:21 AM.
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Namaste King Akabara,

I understand that your heart is hard and set. But beneath that heart is Lord, the Seer of all, who will someday force to give a look inside you. God demands as below:

Jeremiah 4

4Circumcise yourselves to the Lord and take away the foreskins of your hearts, you men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem, lest My wrath go forth like fire [consuming all that gets in its way] and burn so that no one can quench it because of the evil of your doings.

--------------------------------

Do you think that you follow God's dictates? You circumcise penis and think that you are obeying God?

It is the dirt of the heart that needs cicumcision and not the penis. Or is your heart in your penis?

The Allah who is Seer and Knower of everything will soon make you reflect.

Om

King,

if you look at the Islamic world it has been an utter failure. Women are being mistreated more than ever. People are saying, "they are mistreated by men but the Quran does not condone that" yet in the quran we have the ayah (verse) in Surah Nisa that says (Those from whom you fear ill conduct, admonish them, then forsake them in bed then BEAT THEM).

I was looking through a book by Shaykh Jamal ad din Zarabozo and he was condoning such "beating".

In the Sunnah there is a hadith that says if a wife does not answer the call of her husband (to have sex) then the angels curse her all night long. We can see that today in Afghanistan they just recently passed a controversal law that allows basically marital rape.

Is this what Islam has to offer the world? This is just a small scoop of examples, there are many more that have made me leave islam.

-Juan

Namaste Akbar,

Akbar means "great" & you have added the title of King as well. Can we expect some civilised language from you befitting your id here ?

Salam!
    Yes, but the language you use shows you in a very poor light. Mind it, I don't consider you as a representative of Islam. So, it is not Islam whose image gets tarnished by your offensive language but only yours. I have some good Muslim friends & they speak much better language.

India is poor.
    So ? Is it because of Hinduism ? Then Afghanistan & Pakistan must have been the richest nations in the world ?? Do you know where they stand vis-vis India ? I can expect that you are old enough to know their present status. Did you read the latest news on Swat Valley ( which considered Switzerland of Pakistan before the Islamic Jihadists took over this beautiful valley) ?

Hinduism has never been a world religion. Why then do people consider Hinduism to be special?
    Why don't you ask these questions from your own Sufi Saints who learnt many things from Hinduism & declared that God is not different from the devotee (which is apparently different from what not-so-knowledgeable Muslims think). If you have any doubts, please read about Al Mansoor, Rumi etc. & yourself see why they say things very similar to what Vedas say !

Hinduism hasn't helped India or the world.
    Yes, it has stopped our country becoming yet another Afghanistan, Iraq or Pakistan ! It has not driven people to cut throats of the innocents in the name of religion. It has not really helped the world as Islam (wrong interpretation of Islam by people like you) has done !

So why are hindus bent upon spreading it outside of India when India itself hasn't benefited from it?
    Please get your statistics correct. Hindus have never encouraged conversion or attacked anyone for converting to Hinduism. Please read World History to get your facts right. Islam is the bloodiest religion in that aspect on this earth. It started with murder of thousands of poor people. Even your prophet killed thousands of innocents !

Yes, a dishonest seeker (who is not ashamed of using foul language for the most ancient & richest religion in this world & its deities without knowing even an iota about Hinduism) who falsely claims to be honest.

I am not happy with the tone I have used above. I am really sorry, but I was forced by your language to use such a tone. If you hit me with bricks, I cannot shower flowers on you !

If you are truly interested in discussing Hinduism Vs Islam come for a discussion with a civilised language in your posts.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Admin Note

namaskar,

Salam!
    Akbar
    You seem to have just come out of a cave.

You get the 'boot' of an 'honest' hindu. Hope you are not offended.

Out you go...
    satay

Thread Information