Namaste,

I was reading about the Purusha Sukta in the Rig Veda and came across the verse about the origin of the caturvarna (Four Castes).

My first question is, when the Rig Veda itself talks about Varna, why are multitudes of Bhindians (part-time Hindus) stating that the caste system is "not a part" of Hinduism? It is actually integral to it is it not? This is stated obviously to defend Hinduism against the finger-pointing untouchables in the west and elsewhere who dengirate Sanatana Dharma by using the cliched "caste system" and "sati" as 'evils' of Hinduism.

Also, perhaps the confusion arises due to the cross-use of jati and varna.

And, according to Sankhya, the Purusha is a 'cosmic being' through which creative intelligence (Prakriti) flows. So, why do people say, "Ah, look, sUdras came from the 'feet' and the brAhmaNAs came from the mouth of the being?"

Can one who is somewhat well-versed in the Rig Veda, or at least the Purusha Sukta, comment on this?

On the side, can anyone tell me where I can get an ORIGINAL COPY of ALL FOUR VEDAS? I have searched the heavens and the three worlds and cannot find it! Perhaps it is contained within me and I should look within!

Btw, here's a great video of part of the Purusha Sukta from YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9EUI...e=channel_page

Namaskar.