Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Namaste

Re: Namaste

Namaste,

To reiterate the point above,

Godz is/are, if you accept divinity.

ZN
    yaireva patanaM dravyaiH siddhistaireva choditA .
    shrI kauladarshane chApi bhairaveNa mahAtmanA .

It is revealed in the sacred doctrine of Kula and by the great Bhairava, that the perfection is achieved by that very means by which fall occurs.

Pranam

Quote Originally Posted by Znanna View Post
    Namaste,

To reiterate the point above,

ZN

It is not a question of accepting, as far as Vedas are concerned they are divine.

of course its another matter if one chooses to accept the authority of Vedas or not.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Sorry I got a bit busy. Anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Ganeshprasad View Post
    Can you quote the verse in Bhagvat Gita where it says all gods are demigod.
    Bhagvad Gita As It IS by AC Bhaktivedanta Praphupada; Second Edition

Chapter Seven: Knowledge Of Absolute Pg-321

TEXT 20 (pg-349): Those whose intelligence has been stolen by material desires surrender unto demigods and follow the particular rules and regulations of worship according to their own natures.

TEXT 21 (pg-350): I am in everyone's heart as the Supersoul. As soon as one desires to worship some demigod, I make his faith steady so that he can devote himself to that particular deity.

TEXT 22 (pg-351 to 352): Endowed with such faith, he endeavors to worship a particular demigod and obtains his desires. But in actuality these benefits are bestowed by Me alone.

TEXT 23 (pg-352): Men of small intelligence worship the demigods, and their fruits are limited and temporary. Those who worship the demigods go to the planets of the demigods, but My devotees ultimately reach My supreme planet.

Vedas talk about 33 Devas ultimately Yagnvalkya says there is only one you should read up on, Yajyavalkya Kanda - Sakalya Brahmana, in the Brihardarayanka Upanishad.
    Sorry I am not familiar with all this. But if I get a chance and some time, I will do look up into this.

Devas= Divine, Demigod =half god, there is no comparison,

Vayu is a deva if he is half god then you would be half dead.
    Indra is the King of Gods, Agni is the God of Fire, Sarasvati is the Goddess of Knowledge ~ there is NO half-measure about it. I hope you get the point.
    I do. But now I am more confused.

I only believe in karma and Krishna. But please will somebody explain what divinity exactly is?

Pranam

You said in Bhagvat Gita and I quote No offence but I read this in the Bhagvad Gita (Krishna Consciousness). In which it said that all Gods are DemiGods except Krishna. Unquote.

Your statement would have us believe that Krishna has said it, far from it, Lord Krishna does not say so nor does he condemn their worship.

They are all ,referred to as ‘devas’ by Lord Krishna. Fact that Prabhupad chose to substitute deva as Demigod does not make it so. Demigod is not a substitute word for Deva, if it was, Krishna or Vishnu would fall in to the same category, they are also addressed as Deva in Vedas.

Those slokas translation provided by you in so call As it is, are far from the truth, the author has tried to denigrate the Devas but the truth of the matter is, that material desire of a person is condemned and not the worship of devas in it self.
    I can provide you with verses in Gita where Krishna is actually telling us to worship them, what to speak of Vedas which is the final authority in Hindu Dharma, are full of Deva worship.

Let me just point out the verse no 23 provided by you, in particular the first line, if you ask any independent source, will confirm that the first line in that sloka, there is no mention of Deva, so much for As it is!

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

You said in Bhagvat Gita and I quote No offence but I read this in the Bhagvad Gita (Krishna Consciousness). In which it said that all Gods are DemiGods except Krishna. Unquote.
    I apologize I should have been better in my wording. My sincerest apologizes.

Your statement would have us believe that Krishna has said it, far from it, Lord Krishna does not say so nor does he condemn their worship.
    Well, I am just sixteen and my knowledge is very limited.

They are all, referred to as ‘devas’ by Lord Krishna. Fact that Prabhupad chose to substitute deva as Demigod does not make it so. Demigod is not a substitute word for Deva, if it was, Krishna or Vishnu would fall in to the same category, they are also addressed as Deva in Vedas.
    All right, now let me quote my own words:

Quote Originally Posted by eriko View Post
    No offense but I read this in the Bhagvad Gita (Krishna Counciousness). In which it said that all Gods are DemiGods except Krishna, but of course it means Devas. I don't think there is any difference between the two.
    Those slokas translation provided by you in so call As it is, are far from the truth, the author has tried to denigrate the Devas but the truth of the matter is, that material desire of a person is condemned and not the worship of devas in it self.
    Well. I never said anything about worship. You only asked me for the quotes and I did that.

I can provide you with verses in Gita where Krishna is actually telling us to worship them, what to speak of Vedas which is the final authority in Hindu Dharma, are full of Deva worship.
    I am not against their worship. There was never a question of worship.

Let me just point out the verse no 23 provided by you, in particular the first line, if you ask any independent source, will confirm that the first line in that sloka, there is no mention of Deva, so much for As it s!
    I am sorry but aren't you coming a little hard on me. I haven't altered anything here.

Jai Shree Krishna

Pranam eriko

I am not against their worship. There was never a question of worship.
    so what was this in aid off
    As for the other world. I believe only in Karma. And demigods to me are very irritating.
    I am sorry but aren't you coming a little hard on me. I haven't altered anything here.

Jai Shree Krishna
    I am sorry if you feel like that was not my intention, i was only commenting as to what you had provided as evidence.
    i will say sorry again, i have no intention to be against you, its only that Demigod has no place in Hindu dharam, that is what i was speking against.

Jai Shree Krishna

Namaste,

What happends if we become enlightened? Will we be gods? If we are not separate from the Gods than are we already Gods? Who AM I!!!!

Pranam

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualseeker View Post
    Namaste,

Who AM I!!!!
    Now that is a great start, this is when our spiritual journey begins, in the search of truth, once embarked on it there is no stopping it, sure there will be obstacles ups and downs, our resolve will be tasted to the hilt.
    But I have a faith eventually we will get there.

What happends if we become enlightened? Will we be gods? If we are not separate from the Gods than are we already Gods?
    I cant answer you that because I have no answer, and depending on what school of thought you will have slightly different answers, you will find there are a lot of Adwaita followers on this site, even they do not always agree amongst each other.

And I keep asking my self how can I become something that I am not I.e. god?

I do not understand the complexity of all the concepts that exist in sanatan dharma but I respect Hindu mind set because all of them are based on Dharmic acharan.

I am of the opinion that it is best to follow Dharma and worry about what is awaiting us at the other end.

If its any consolation I have great faith in what Krishna say

na tv evaham jatu nasam
    na tvam neme janadhipah
    na caiva na bhavisyamah
    sarve vayam atah param

Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be. 2.12.

Jai Shree Krishna

so what was this in aid off
    Well but there was more to what I said.

As for the other world. I believe only in Karma. And demigods to me are very irritating. But these are just my thoughts.
    I never said that to argue against anyone's beliefs. I guess I am entitled to believe in whatever I want to. And so are you.

I am sorry if you feel like that was not my intention, i was only commenting as to what you had provided as evidence.
    i will say sorry again, i have no intention to be against you, its only that Demigod has no place in Hindu dharam, that is what i was speking against.
    It is okay. I understand that. But anyways thanks. An arguement is always welcome and I learnt something from this.

Banned by whom?

And, not for nothing, but "conversion to Hinduism" is kinda of a oxymoron, to my eye ... how can one "convert" to something which is ineffable? Conversion is so an evangelical "Christian" term ... holy mixing metaphors, Batman!

ZN

Hi Zn,

How do get such similes as similes? It brings smile. Batman! What a comparison? Bat also and Man also. haha,
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Thread Information