Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kriya yoga?

Kriya yoga?

Namaste,

Can a Shaivite do Kriya Yoga? Are there any that do it? I am interested in doing the self study course of Yogananda self realization fellowship. After a year of the basic practices you then get in touch with a guru (monk or nun) and practice kriya yoga. I am contemlpating doing it my wife included.

Re: Kriya yoga?

Namaste SS,

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualseeker View Post
    Can a Shaivite do Kriya Yoga? Are there any that do it? I am interested in doing the self study course of Yogananda self realization fellowship. After a year of the basic practices you then get in touch with a guru (monk or nun) and practice kriya yoga. I am contemlpating doing it my wife included.
    I am doing this course & I can assure you that it would change your life for good. Kriya Yoga is not deity or religion specific as God is not different for different deities or religions. You need more than a year to be eligible to be given the dikhsa of Kriya Yoga after going through the study course. By that time, all your doubts shall be removed.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Namaste,

thanks devotee! I am planning on starting I just sent in a form to request that booklet (which i mainly already read) and my wife and I are going to sign up. So it has truely changed your life? I am fascinated by the speech of Yogananda. His works are pretty good. I do plan on placing much dedication into it. If I am not mistaken it seems like i pay $8 (plus another $8 if my wife wants to be part of it) and then $14 for the first 1-19 lessons? Then after i complete those lessons i pay for the rest? I am trying to understand.

Om Namah Sivaya

-juan

Namaste SS,

So it has truely changed your life? I am fascinated by the speech of Yogananda. His works are pretty good. I do plan on placing much dedication into it. If I am not mistaken it seems like i pay $8 (plus another $8 if my wife wants to be part of it) and then $14 for the first 1-19 lessons? Then after i complete those lessons i pay for the rest? I am trying to understand.
    Yogananda is a rare teacher, par excellence. You will know as you go through the lessons. It changed me for better & I hope it will happen to you too.

Regarding payments, I cannot say, as I paid in INR & not in USD. In India, they offer companion's membership at a very nominal cost. The same should be true for USA.

OM

Namaste,

I found a number to a meditation group in Orlando that are linked with the Self Realization Fellowship. I am going to call for info today. wish me luck

OM
    -juan

Namaste,

I found a number to a meditation group in Orlando that are linked with the Self Realization Fellowship. I am going to call for info today. wish me luck

OM
    -juan
    May Ganesha dissolve all obstacles!

namaste

I found a number to a meditation group in Orlando that are linked with the Self Realization Fellowship. I am going to call for info today. wish me luck !
    -juan
    Wish you all the best, Juan !

OM

Namaste,

Hey devotee. I am still waiting for the Self Realization Fellowship to send me the little pamphlet so i can sign up for the lessons. I am a little impatient. But in the meantime I can decide if I truely want to go upon this path

Namaste,

I also just downloaded A autobiogrophy of an yogi which ofcourse he speaks a bit on Kriya yoga like Sri Yogananda always does speaking about how useful it is. Perhaps this can help me decide

Namaste SS,

Hey devotee. I am still waiting for the Self Realization Fellowship to send me the little pamphlet so i can sign up for the lessons. I am a little impatient. But in the meantime I can decide if I truely want to go upon this path
    Take your time. There is no hurry. It is always good to make up one's mind before taking any step.

However, even if you take these lessons, you are never bound to stay with SRF, if you so feel ... and that is true for any path except Islam, imo.

Kriya Yoga is mentioned in name only in "Autobiography of a Yogi". There is no details available in the book or even in lessons that you would go through. The lessons prepare you physically & mentally for receiving Kriya Yoga. At the end of the lessons, they ask some questions & by going through your answers if they feel that you are ready to receive Kriya Yoga, one of the authorised monks initiates you into Kriya Yoga. You have to do all energisation exercises & practise two basic meditation techniques every day for several months before you are considered for initiation.

I can share with you :

a) The lessons teach you techniques of healing yourself physically, mentally & spiritually ( after some time, you learn to pray for healing others too). Basically, it is a lesson on "Art of Living" which touches almost all aspects of your life. You learn the yogic energisation exercises & two meditation techniques which you are required to practise daily.
    b) Yogananda Promises that Kriya Yoga is like a mathematical problem & when solved as per the required rules would always give the same result i.e. "Self-Realisation".

I would advise to you to read as much as possible about the path which attracts you & take a firm decision & start practising. Theories can never exactly tell you what the Reality is.

OM

Thread Information