Thread: I went to a hindu temple today

I went to a hindu temple today

Namaste,

So i went to this hindu temple today. This is a link to the website http://www.ymcco.com/main.html The man there is who I met. Unfortunately I arrived late because I got lost. So i only had 10 minutes to speak to him. Didnt really get anywhere. What he did say though is that one can be a hindu simply by following the hindu way. So therefore its for everyone. He mentioned that if I was interested in the "brahma yoga" practices he can guide me through them (some other time). Though I am not sure what it is and he could not explain it to me due to time. He said my dream of Lord Siva and Lord ganesha were a "calling". Not sure what that means. He said I can come on mondays for big puja for Lord Siva. Also I can sign up to get emails to new events that occur weekly.

I did not feel anything from being there but it could have been due to stressed out from being lost. I did find it odd that when I met him i placed my hands together and he did too and i reached out aswell to shake his hand but he declined and just placed his hands together again. Anyways I shrugged it off.

I mentioned to him that i was interested in self realization courses from Yogananda's teaching and that i may be submitting a form to start them and asked if he recommended. He said if that is where my heart is then that is fine or I can learn brahma yoga (which i still dont know the difference).

Anyways I wish i had more time speak to him. he did give me an apple as a going away gift lol.

namaste

Re: I went to a hindu temple today

Interesting story. The apple was probably prasadam.. Food offered to the God. Feeling purity or energy at t atemple depends on a lot of thingsd, like your own openness, the power of the temple, the current astrology, its lineage, etc. I'm glad you went.

Thank you. He said he will teach me how to do puja. I just got to get the motivation to travel out to that temple as it is very far away from me. But its one of the temples that also teaches Yoga and also I suppose emphasizes worship of Lord Siva.

Namaste,

It sounds like a really nice encounter, perhaps you go back and pay your respects back by bringing some new corn or somewhat to the gentle soul who greeted you?

ZN/the simplest things can be the most difficult to apprehend
    yaireva patanaM dravyaiH siddhistaireva choditA .
    shrI kauladarshane chApi bhairaveNa mahAtmanA .

It is revealed in the sacred doctrine of Kula and by the great Bhairava, that the perfection is achieved by that very means by which fall occurs.

Thread Information