Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello there! [new here]

Re: Hello there! [new here]

Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    Namaste,

That is a beautiful mantra, I've started trying to commit it to memory.

I woke up with a very auspicious feeling today, especially after I sat up and mentally said my little own made-up morning prayer to Lord Ganesha, that he may give me wisdom to succeed in my exam today (I have a really important one), and that he may soon guide me into the temple. I have such a huge feeling of happiness and peace today, it's actually kind of scary, I feel like I might just burst out crying with joy or something!, but it feels good, very very good.

When I go out today I'll try and find myself a small statue of Lord Ganesha and some incense to aid my meditation. He is particularly fond of any type of incense in particular?

Once again, thanks so much to everyone here, you've been such a huge help on helping me follow the way to Sanatana Dharma.
    Wonderful. I like the made up prayers the best. Then you REALLY understand the meanings of all the words. So does He. Sanskrit does sound beautiful. Crying is good. You see lots of people crying around temples. Cries of joy, melancholy, spirituality, feelings of just being so very very blessed. I think He likes the incense that You like.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,

I hope youd do well on your exam. May the Devas direct your pen.

YOu might be interested in reading this http://www.himalayanacademy.com/reso...andala-04.html concerning the nature of God. I find it very beneficial and helps my depression and anxieties. I hope you will benefit aswell.

OM
    -juan

Namaste,

I suggest approaching the temple and its residents in a subdued manner.

A large shawl/veil wrapped around, will allow you to have your own private space, and also to be demure in uncertain surroundings. It has the added advantage of being PC under most any scrutiny as well as protecting and deflecting attention from you.

ZN/practical
    yaireva patanaM dravyaiH siddhistaireva choditA .
    shrI kauladarshane chApi bhairaveNa mahAtmanA .

It is revealed in the sacred doctrine of Kula and by the great Bhairava, that the perfection is achieved by that very means by which fall occurs.

Smile Re: Hello there! [new here]

Namaste,

Eastern Mind, it's quite true what you said about incense...I must say it hadn't crossed my mind yes. But yes - if God is in everything, and everything is in God, then nothing is separate from God...and thus I like the incense God likes, just like He likes the incense I like. Well, at least that's how I saw it now.

Spiritualseeker, thanks so much for that link - I've just read through all of it, though I'll need to read it a few more times (at least!) in order to try and absorb all of that (or well, as much as I can anyway).

Znanna, I quite liked your veil/shawl idea and will do that. It will definitely make me feel more confortable in the Temple once I go in.

Yesterday night I had another wonderful experience. I got home at night after my first Kathak lesson, having had dinner out, so when I got in bed it was probably around midnight. Most of my body was very sore and aching from the lesson (it's more tiring than I thought...probably seemed worse as it was my first lesson!) so I decided to (attempt to) do some mantra meditation for a while before going to sleep. I had come across this website (http://www.meditationiseasy.com/mCorner/index.htm) earlier in the day, which I found extremely useful, and thought I'd put some of what I had learnt into practice. I haven't been able to commit any complex mantra to memory yet, so I just mentally said OM slowly, keeping it in pace with my breath, over and over and over again - I don't know for how long, couldn't really keep track of time. Eventually I got this amazing "floating" feeling, and I just wanted to keep going forever! When I was finished, every single ache/pain in my body was gone. I just can't explain it.

Yesterday night I had another wonderful experience. I got home at night after my first Kathak lesson, having had dinner out, so when I got in bed it was probably around midnight. Most of my body was very sore and aching from the lesson (it's more tiring than I thought...probably seemed worse as it was my first lesson!) so I decided to (attempt to) do some mantra meditation for a while before going to sleep. I had come across this website (http://www.meditationiseasy.com/mCorner/index.htm) earlier in the day, which I found extremely useful, and thought I'd put some of what I had learnt into practice. I haven't been able to commit any complex mantra to memory yet, so I just mentally said OM slowly, keeping it in pace with my breath, over and over and over again - I don't know for how long, couldn't really keep track of time. Eventually I got this amazing "floating" feeling, and I just wanted to keep going forever! When I was finished, every single ache/pain in my body was gone. I just can't explain it.

Namaste,

Thats great there are many great OM mantra meditations. Another good one is breath in and visualize Lord Ganesha and as you breath out say OM 3 times. One time long andlouder, the next one slightly lower than that one, and the third to be lower than both of them. Then breath in and visualize lord ganesha then breath out and do the same as stated above.

The feeling of floating is really common when meditating. Just a suggestion, try not to get caught up with the good feelings that sometimes occur in meditation. The reason why i say this is I have experienced intense bliss and then when I meditate again it had diminished then I created more suffering for myself. The good thing is when you see joy you can simply say to yourself that you are not this feeling you are the witness and when you feel pain or sadness you can say you are the witness of this feeling. Or you can use the technique of saying neti neti (not this not this) meaning this is not God you continue going deeper into meditation no matter what good feelings you feel just know it is not this it is not this. That way you can keep removing the veils of illusion until you experience God directly. Please keep letting us know of your progress I hope we all grow strong together.

just a thought
    -juan

Namaste,

here is more about OM mantra and Lord Ganesha http://www.himalayanacademy.com/reso.../lg_ch-10.html

I am glad that your finding some content with your practice. I see it only strengthening. Soon you will be Godrealized.

namaste,

star how did your exam go? If you dont mind i now request you pray for me I have exam saturday and I havent been studying good enough. May Lord ganesha be with us and may we feel him within us.

Namaste,

Unfortunately I didn't pass (we got the results today), but I wasn't too upset about it as there were around 100 of us and only 20 people made it through. I'll retake the exam in September. May Lord Ganesha help us.

I'll be sure to mention you in my prayers tonight and tomorrow morning, and I sincerely wish you all the best.

I was quite pleased today, when we went to Kathak lessons (my mum's going too) we passed by a picture of Lord Ganesha and she wanted to know the history behind Him! Personally, I've read about four versions (by the way, does anyone know which one is the real one? I assumed it varied by region...), so I just told her the stories and what He stood for (as best as I could tell!). She was quite happy and said we should buy a little statue of Him for our house, which is quite odd coming from her!, but it serves my purposes just great as I was planning on buying one anyway (actually I was waiting until I got some more cash so I could afford things, and then on Wednesday my other grandmum randomly gave me €20...which I see as definitely not a coincidence!).

Namaste,

Unfortunately I didn't pass (we got the results today), but I wasn't too upset about it as there were around 100 of us and only 20 people made it through. I'll retake the exam in September. May Lord Ganesha help us.

I'll be sure to mention you in my prayers tonight and tomorrow morning, and I sincerely wish you all the best.

I was quite pleased today, when we went to Kathak lessons (my mum's going too) we passed by a picture of Lord Ganesha and she wanted to know the history behind Him! Personally, I've read about four versions (by the way, does anyone know which one is the real one? I assumed it varied by region...), so I just told her the stories and what He stood for (as best as I could tell!). She was quite happy and said we should buy a little statue of Him for our house, which is quite odd coming from her!, but it serves my purposes just great as I was planning on buying one anyway (actually I was waiting until I got some more cash so I could afford things, and then on Wednesday my other grandmum randomly gave me €20...which I see as definitely not a coincidence!).
    I like the one where paravati makes a servant to guard her washroom, shiva comes back, lops off the head... and well, ganesha still guards the door of paravati to this day. We need Ganesha to introduce us to paravati - our SHAKTI, our love for Shiva...

Namaste,

Namaste,

I am very sorry you did not pass, but I enjoy that you are in good spirits. Lord Ganesha is always with us guiding and protecting the dharma and our true nature.

I see that Lord Ganesha is making your environment more friendly towards your choices and hence why your mother is okay with Lord Ganesha. I was surprised when my wifey allowed me to get a statue hehe.

Your right it isnt a concidence Lord Ganesha sees you as a true servant. He loves you and is inseperable from you. I am really jealous of you (in a good way). May Lord Ganesha keep bostowing his blessings upon you and your family.

Om Gam Ganapatye Namaha
    -juan

Thread Information