Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Post images of your shrine!

Re: Post images of your shrine!

Namaste

A very nice member sent me a private message of inquiry about my avatar image I use with my membership, wanting to know Who is this attractive form which also seems to be surrounded by others not shown.
    That is correct, there are Others, and since this is a discussion about sharing what one has on the Family Temple, I thought I would share this Image in this context, and to also answer the polite question of a fellow member.
    Now the center of my personal Temple is Lord Hanuman who is my Ishta Lord.

But inclusive around this are other Devatas and Devis, and there is a work of art which is feathered to wood and which has been mine for a very, very long time. It is beloved Valli. This particular depiction is actually not common, but not extremely rare either. You may search the internet, but you may not find it. So I considered this, thinking, should I share?

Now I wasnt really wanting to do so, but I prayed whether it would be alright to scan this from the computer and then share.

Now I may have been wrong to do so, but an honest feeling made me believe that it was welcomed. So below is the entire image and not just the beloved, and frankly magic, face of Valli.

On one side stands Hari (Vishnu) to your eyes left and to Vallis right. On the other side stands Hara (Shiva) to your eyes right and to Vallis left. Both Love Devi Valli Who married Lord Muruga and is the very essence of Love. She is Green. She is a desired Devi of devotion for many of Bhakti yoga practice Who leads a way to the Divine Mystical and enlivening power of Lord Muruga. Muruga is a Son of Lord Shiva. While some may say otherwise, it is my understanding that She unites both Vaishnava and Saiva to be friends to each other and to love one another. Because of this, She is the Greatest of Hindus. She is Love itself.

You may touch the icon below to open the image. Jai Valli Devi!

Om Namah Sivaya
    Last edited by ShivaFan; 28 July 2012 at 04:18 PM.

Vannakkam ShivaFan,

She unites both Vaishnava and Saiva to be friends to each other and to love one another. Because of this, She is the Greatest of “Hindus”. She is Love itself.
    Besides 'uniting Saivas and Vaishnavas', She also represents the union between Gods and humans.

She was from a hunting tribe, adopted by the chief of that tribe. Murugan married Her out of love, and that act portrays that both love and intercaste marriage (in this case between God and human) can take place. Valli aspired to marry Murugan, thus represents 'Iccha Shakti'.

Murugan earlier married Deivayanai, the daughter of Lord Indra, and this represents both an arranged and intracaste marriage (between Gods or Their families).

Ayyapan typically unites Saivites and Vaishnavites, being the son of both Shiva and Vishnu (through His avatar Mohini).

But Valli and Deivayanai were Themselves daughters of Lord Vishnu, in their earlier incarnations, as Amritavalli and Sundaravalli. Thus on becoming consorts of Lord Murugan (Himself the son of Lord Shiva) as Valli and Deivayanai, they again unite Saivites and Vaishnavites.

Complicated isn't it? But that's what makes it special and beautiful.

That's a unique photo you've got there.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Namaste Equinox

Wonderful information!

Namaste!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShivaFan View Post
    Namaste JayaRadhe

This is a reproduction, but that it is from the BBT it is authorized. And the beauty of it, I am sure you must greatly admire.

Though it is not from thoses very significant times does not diminish What looks out to you from it.

If by chance you ever come upon an Edition of this printed in India, which looks old, a bit yellow in tone, the greens will be a pale touch against the black, hold onto that. One day you may also met some one from another decade, that very poster would have likely hung on the wall of one of the many little makeshift temples which held a lot of love, and could have been in a home in Boston, a small apartment in the Bronx, a Victorian house in the Haight Ashbury District of San Francisco, and many other little Temples of just ordinary people who would come together, 10 or 20 here and there. That poster would be there.
    I do like the picture very much, especially since it was a gift from a devotee! Too bad it's not an original. Ah well, maybe some day I'll be blessed with one by Gopala, as you have been!

God lives in that very work of art, and if you love Krishna have no doubt about it, Gopala is very much looking at you. That smile is a smile that holds a lot of things.
    Oh, he's definitiely looking out for you too! Probably you more so than me, since I don't think I've ever seen you say an unkind word once, even on more controversial threads! You're an absolute saint.

You have a very graceful temple. Thanks again for sharing!

Om Namah Sivaya
    Thank you ShivaFan!

Om Namah Shivaya, Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya!

Namaste

A very nice member sent me a private message of inquiry about my avatar image I use with my membership, wanting to know Who is this attractive form which also seems to be surrounded by others not shown.
    That is correct, there are Others, and since this is a discussion about sharing what one has on the Family Temple, I thought I would share this Image in this context, and to also answer the polite question of a fellow member.
    Now the center of my personal Temple is Lord Hanuman who is my Ishta Lord.

But inclusive around this are other Devatas and Devis, and there is a work of art which is feathered to wood and which has been mine for a very, very long time. It is beloved Valli. This particular depiction is actually not common, but not extremely rare either. You may search the internet, but you may not find it. So I considered this, thinking, should I share?

Now I wasnt really wanting to do so, but I prayed whether it would be alright to scan this from the computer and then share.

Now I may have been wrong to do so, but an honest feeling made me believe that it was welcomed. So below is the entire image and not just the beloved, and frankly magic, face of Valli.

On one side stands Hari (Vishnu) to your eyes left and to Vallis right. On the other side stands Hara (Shiva) to your eyes right and to Vallis left. Both Love Devi Valli Who married Lord Muruga and is the very essence of Love. She is Green. She is a desired Devi of devotion for many of Bhakti yoga practice Who leads a way to the Divine Mystical and enlivening power of Lord Muruga. Muruga is a Son of Lord Shiva. While some may say otherwise, it is my understanding that She unites both Vaishnava and Saiva to be friends to each other and to love one another. Because of this, She is the Greatest of Hindus. She is Love itself.

You may touch the icon below to open the image. Jai Valli Devi!

Om Namah Sivaya
    How beautiful. And, here I had just assumed she was Meenakshi Devi because she was green!

Vannakkam JayaRadhe,

here I had just assumed she was Meenakshi Devi because she was green!
    Exactly my case!

Aum Namah Shivaya

I have attached the picture of our simple shrine placed in a cupboard. The pictures are of Shri Rama parivar at the top center, Ganesha, Srimad Ramanuja and Sri Lakshmi Narasimha at the top shelf, Skanda Muruga and my late inlaws at the bottom.
    Last edited by Viraja; 02 October 2012 at 09:55 AM.

Here's my little shrine. It sits in the corner of my studio room. The murti is SriLakshmi. I have been looking everywhere for a small Hanuman murti, but have been unable to find one that feels right. I may end up making him as well, eventually. The Shrine box is a little over 12 inches high, 10inches wide and 5 inches deep.

Peace!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Namaste!

I know this is for pictures only but the question I have seems most appropriate to this thread.

I've noticed that many home shrines are situated in front of mirrors. Is there a reason for this? Or am I just being me and noticing strange details that are just coincidental?

Thanks!

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirant01 View Post
    I have attached the picture of our simple shrine placed in a cupboard. The pictures are of Shri Rama parivar at the top center, Ganesha, Srimad Ramanuja and Sri Lakshmi Narasimha at the top shelf, Skanda Muruga and my late inlaws at the bottom.
    The Skanda Muruga with Consort is stunning? Do you know which Temple the Vel Murthi comes from?

Thread Information