Re: Post images of your shrine!

Namasté Prithvi
    Beautiful photographs, I don't think I have ever been so close

Thanks for sharing.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

Namasté

Where is this shrine? It spills outside my room. Ākāśa, the openness for things to exist; viṣṇu who keeps everything in balance, śiva in the sun and the energy to create and un-create; sūrya in the rays; sarasvatī in the flowing of the waters.
    And who brings the dawn ? uṣa (Usha). The 'nourishment' by pūṣan to the eyes, viewing the dawn. And who does all of this creation ? prajāpti who brings the cosmic urge (spanda, or viśva-vīrya) to Self express, expand.

यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by prithvi View Post
    Jai Mata Di

Pranam,
    I absolutely love these pictures of Shri MataJi! You have done an excellent job!
    Jai Mata Di!

Smile Re: Post images of your shrine!

thanks for likeing the pics bro's.....

well here r more...as me in trip to golden temple and Vaishno devi....

so shareing some pics now....sorry as net is little slow in my bro laptop...so when i reach home frm there i will upload remaining pics,if i miss some.....

well taken @ night time from a hotel gallery,where we stay.

Way to mata da bhavan....these steps total distance to bhavan is some 12/13 km

temple near to hotel...

close up----
    ONE In all !
    All is ONE !!
    ONE is all !!!

5 pic per post....yup..... so ctnd...........

well these pics taken on early morning... to much fog and cold huuuuu thandi lol

still 5 km ..chalte rahooooo ........

Helicopter service from Katra to Sanji Chhat.

ONE In all !
    All is ONE !!
    ONE is all !!!

oh these steps......

founded a friend :d

Bhairav nath mandir---ofcourse visited after darshan of mata
    ONE In all !
    All is ONE !!
    ONE is all !!!

Thumbs Up Re: Post images of your shrine!

Now Mata da Bhavan,snap taken taken from bhairav mandir
    "Jai Mata Di"

zoomed....more close

more zoomed..... so see jyot inside it(gufa) which has been close now i think..as darshan has been allowed to taken from the other side, through a tunnel which has been made way back....

ONE In all !
    All is ONE !!
    ONE is all !!!

I was wondering, for those of you who have many Murthi's on your home shrine (say, more than 3), do you do puja to them all everyday when you do a daily puja?

Quote Originally Posted by wcrow View Post
    I was wondering, for those of you who have many Murthi's on your home shrine (say, more than 3), do you do puja to them all everyday when you do a daily puja?
    it depends on a number of factors . say , you have ritually consecrated(prana-pratishtha) deities in your home altar . then each of them requires seperate attention and puja . this holds true for self manifested deities like shalagram vishnu shilas and narmada banalingams of shiva . as they are considered direct manifestations of god they are also given the same treatment as to a installed image . offering of food , flowers , arati , incense , mantrams etc remains a must for such deities . however with shalagrams and banalingams there is a curious rule ------ if you have two shalagrams or two banalingams then you must do puja to them seperately . however if you have more than two , then you can keep them together and do one puja for all of them together .

if the deity is not ritually installed such strict rituals involving naivedyams or mantrams may not be followed . however many hindus do not like keeping deities in home without doing a little puja . hence they opt for pictures of gods instead .

its not advisable to ritually install a diety and then neglect him . it brings about many undesirable effects and most importantly obstructs spiritual growth to the self . in india people who have installed deities at home often appoint brahmin priests to do the daily puja and pay him a salary .

Thread Information