Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Post images of your shrine!

Re: Post images of your shrine!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Thanks Star: Who needs computer skills whaen there are youth around?

Just so you know, my wife uses our shrine room far more than I do. Mainly I go kind of sporadically, and when making garlands for temple. I left it messy so you would get a sense of it in use.

Aum Namasivaya
    Namaste EM,

When i get a car, ill drive down there and teach you a few computer skills if you take me to your local temple

Sherab: If I am correct on remembering where you are, that would be 5 long days, or 3 VERY long days driving. You should go to the Baltimore Murugan temple though. Don't know how far that would be, but certainly heckuva lot closer. They just got a new cart for parading Murugan, and just finished their annual festival. Real Murugan bhakti going on there. They are the only temple in NA that I know of that does traditional kavadi.

But if per by chance you did pass this way, I would definitely take you. Anybody on here, as a matter of fact.

I partly jest re computers. I rarely need help, just didn't have the right program.

Aum namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Sherab: If I am correct on remembering where you are, that would be 5 long days, or 3 VERY long days driving. You should go to the Baltimore Murugan temple though. Don't know how far that would be, but certainly heckuva lot closer. They just got a new cart for parading Murugan, and just finished their annual festival. Real Murugan bhakti going on there. They are the only temple in NA that I know of that does traditional kavadi.

But if per by chance you did pass this way, I would definitely take you. Anybody on here, as a matter of fact.

I partly jest re computers. I rarely need help, just didn't have the right program.

Aum namasivaya
    thanks for the info EM

namaste

Namaste,

beautiful shrine EM. If you dont mind me asking is your wife also a convert to Hinduism?

Also anybody know of a cheap Puja kit in the states?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualseeker View Post
    Also anybody know of a cheap Puja kit in the states?
    Nope, but me and Star both made puja kits from stuff from rudrakash-ratna.com . You just have to know what you want/need, and to get it from there.

Namaste,

beautiful shrine EM. If you dont mind me asking is your wife also a convert to Hinduism?
    Yes, my wife was also an adoptive. (I make a distinction between adoptive, and convert.)

I just followed her along into it, not having a clue what I was doing. She couldn't get rid of me. You know how us men are.

Aum

Lol that is beauty EM. I hope you and your wife Realize Lord Siva in this lifetime together.

Lol that is beauty EM. I hope you and your wife Realize Lord Siva in this lifetime together.
    I just hope to progress a bit, maybe get a decent birth, and have the opportunity to renounce the world, and go after the Self. But even that may be asking a lot. But we are a patient lot, we Hindus.

Aum Namasivaya

A good resource for pictures of Hindu gods:
    http://www.hindugallery.com/

For Indian music and philosophy:
    http://www.geocities.com/vc_sekaran/
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Thread Information