Thread: Happy Ganesh Chaturthi to all.

Happy Ganesh Chaturthi to all.

This day, we have the great occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi, I wish all on this occasion and pray to Ganesh for blessings to all.

Can anyone share good stories related to Ganesh?

Re: Happy Ganesh Chaturthi to all.

Here are some news links to celebrations of the Ganesha Chaturthi festival in Tamilnadu:

All roads lead to Ganesh pandals
    http://www.expressbuzz.com/edition/story.aspx?Title=All+roads+lead+to+Ganesh+pandals&artid=YM73bY/ovCo=&SectionID=lifojHIWDUU=&MainSectionID=wIcBMLGbUJI=&SectionName=rSY|6QYp3kQ=&SEO=

http://www.expressbuzz.com/edition/story.aspx?Title=Pillayarpatti+temple+festival+a+big+draw&artid=CZnNoHpOLcI=&SectionID=lifojHIWDUU=& MainSectionID=wIcBMLGbUJI=&SectionName=rSY|6QYp3kQ=&SEO=

Among the different forms of Ganesha images and other specialities of this year are:

• A 15 feet Ganesha at T Nagar was the one most talked about. The Vinayagar that weighs 1,008 kg is made of pure jaggery mixed with sugar, sugar candy, almonds, dry grapes, elaichi, tutti fruit, cherries, big mustard and much more. It took 15 days for the team to make it.

• In Pillayarpatti temple, situated about 13 kms from Karaikudi, the special worship began by 4 am with the performance of a milk abishekam for the main Ganesha deity that was decorated with gold embroidered clothes.

An highlight of the celebrations was the offering of a 27-kg kozhukattai made of sweet coconut mix to Ganesha. It took two-and-a-half days to make the mega offering.

• In the Rockfort Uchipillayar temple in Tiruchy, another important Ganesha temple, over a lakh of devotees participated in the various worship sessions from 4 am. Special worships were performed for Manikka Vinayagar and the Ucchipillayar. A mega kozhkattai made out of 80 kg rice, and an equal amount of jaggery, coconut and other ingredients was offered to the lord.
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Thank you sir.

As every year I have been in India with my parents to make ganesh chaturti.
    I repect god, I love my parent.
    I helped them a lot in India to prepare this fest (cleaning house, decorating, buying vegetables) and spend my hollidays working for this fest in India during rain season.
    I do this because I respect god, I love my parents.
    But the problem is that I dont want to go in India every year to practice this fest, I don't want to spend every year my holliday there. I don't want to spend my holliday in raining season, I don't want to feel sich overthere because of the difference of climate, of foods..
    I want to practice ganesh chaturti in my living country, want to have my freedom without social pressure (that I feel when I am in India) marry who I want even if she is not hindu.
    But all this is impossible according my parent if I want to continue ganesh chaturti.
    In their opinion, I should allways go in India in my ancestrors house to do ganesh chaturti, I cannot do it in my living country, I cannot marry who I want, indian people will laugh at them if I make a love marriage.
    I respect God, I love my fmaily, I need my freedom to make my life, be happy. My decisions are important for me.
    But both are apparently impossible : I have to choose between my parent and my girlfriend, between freedom and tradition.
    I love my parent, I love my girlfriend, I repect God. I am so sad with this situation, that I want to die. I need help.

Namaste arjun:

I wish your parents could read this.

The world is evolving. Cultural norms are evolving. The fact that you are out of India, in England shows this. This is a different era than the one your parents grew up in.

It's tough but sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. I had to make the break from my parents, as did my wife. They could not understand why I HAD to become Hindu, change my name from theirs and adopt another culture. It was really hard on them in the beginning. After a 2 year period, and especially after we had children, things got better. Time heals all wounds as they say.

You are an adult. You are responsible for yourself, and for the welfare of your girlfriend, if she is potential spouse. If your parents are loving parents, they will come around. But don't expect them to be joyous at the changes. The longer you live a certain way, the more deeply imbedded are the habits in the subconscious. This is true for them and for you.

My heart goes out to you, and I wish you the best of luck in upcoming tough choices. Please understand that this is just my opinion, and not necessarily the right one. If you want to respond, please PM me.

Aum Sri Ganeshaya Namaha

Thread Information