Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disproving Christianity easy as 1,2,3...

Re: Disproving Christianity easy as 1,2,3...

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

Namasté

What good can come from this string?

What do the wise say? Svāmī Brahmānanda Sarasvatī , Śaṅkarācārya of Jyotirmath (1941-1953) , informs us of the following:
    Don't do nindā (nindā निन्दा speaking ill, blaming, scorning) and if you are spoken ill of, understand him to be well-wishing one's own salvation, that speaking of you, he takes your sins on himself.

Bhāgavad gītā , Chapt 3, 31st śloka Kṛṣṇa says the following,
    Those men who are possessed of faith (śraddhā¹), who do not find fault (anasūyantah¹)and always follow the teaching of Mine, they too are liberated from action.

When one speaks ill of others he partakes of the sin's of others for whom he speaks... Mahaṛṣi Mahesh Yogī

praṇām

words
    • anasūya अनसूय not spiteful; absence of ill-will or envy + anta अन्त condition of
    • śraddhā श्रद्धा- to have faith or faithfulness , have belief or confidence , believe , be true or trustful ; this should not be confused with śrāddha श्राद्ध ; śrāddha is not a funeral ceremony (antyeṣṭi) but a supplement to such a ceremony
    Last edited by yajvan; 29 August 2009 at 02:19 PM. Reason: added definitions
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

This brings me back to the observation versus criticism thing again. There is opinion, and then there is hate filled opinion. Just because I don't think Christ existed doesn't mean I hate Christians. But then again, Yajvan, I'm not sure who you were referring to. I agree that such threads don't lead very far. I try to avoid posting on them for this reason.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,

Although I sometimes find Christians as obtuse, hypocritical, awfully backwards in their line of thinking and use of reasoning in attacking other faiths while advocating their own, I am of the same mind as Yajvan about this. If I could even add to that of a quote from the Buddha: "If a man, on hearing of what is good, comes and creates a disturbance, you should hold your peace. You must not angrily upbraid him; then he who has come to curse you will merely harm himself."

It serves no purpose to be always picking at the beliefs of others. Are we really going to lower ourselves to the standards that some Bible-thumping Christians have done by picking apart other people's faith and laughing at what they believe in? We're engaging in the same childish squabbles that you might see in a schoolyard. I would hope that the majority of us here are of far higher upright calibre than that.

I have always had the deepest respect for Sanatana Dharma even in my Christian days when I only knew a little about Hinduism. Later when I became acquainted that a great many people from different faiths were well versed in the Bible and Christian philosophy from interest and awareness and not just from the demographic distribution of those ubiquitous Christians, it only deepened my respect for these people outside my religion and made Christians look even more ignorant about other faiths. Even looking at this board I have seen members use quotes from the Bible to sometimes back up a principle that seemed universally evident in any walk of life. I didn't just find that admirable. I found it inspiring and unifying.

"God can be realized through all paths. All religions are true. The important thing is to reach the roof. You can reach it by stone stairs or by wooden stairs or by bamboo steps or by a rope. You can also climb up by a bamboo pole." - Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa

It's something many Christians obviously haven't woken up to yet, but let's not forget it ourselves.
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

Namasté EM,
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    This brings me back to the observation versus criticism thing again. There is opinion, and then there is hate filled opinion. Just because I don't think Christ existed doesn't mean I hate Christians. But then again, Yajvan, I'm not sure who you were referring to. I agree that such threads don't lead very far. I try to avoid posting on them for this reason. Aum Namasivaya
    Thank you and sunyata07 for your level headed posts. My post was not aimed any one one in particular, but offered as a POV worthy of consideration.

Atanu also offers
    Devotees often tried to provoke great Advaita Guru Ramana Maharshi to speak against or criticise the Gurus and followers of other creeds, including Non-Advaita Hindu creeds. He taught "All scriptures commonly teach surrender. So, let us surrender completely and then find out what differences exist".
    My opinion is the following - how can I expect Christians to accept my spiritual orientation and approach (dharma the best I know how to practice it) , if I do not accept theirs?

so, yajvan what is your view on Christianity? I have posted it here: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3876

praṇām
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaste Sunyata,

If you don't mind i would like to respond to your 'level headed post'.

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata07 View Post
    Namaste,

Although I sometimes find Christians as obtuse, hypocritical, awfully backwards in their line of thinking and use of reasoning in attacking other faiths while advocating their own,
    I respect their sincerity cause they are sincerely following their faith as laid out in the bible.

Those who don't follow christ are actually unrighteous and deserve eternal hell; says bible.

I am of the same mind as Yajvan about this. If I could even add to that of a quote from the Buddha: "If a man, on hearing of what is good, comes and creates a disturbance, you should hold your peace. You must not angrily upbraid him; then he who has come to curse you will merely harm himself."
    That didnt do any good to Hindus.One has to resist evil.period

It serves no purpose to be always picking at the beliefs of others. Are we really going to lower ourselves to the standards that some Bible-thumping Christians have done by picking apart other people's faith and laughing at what they believe in?
    I do agree with you broadly.One should not pick up on other faiths just for the sake of it unless you have a serious point to make.

I became acquainted that a great many people from different faiths were well versed in the Bible and Christian philosophy from interest and awareness and not just from the demographic distribution of those ubiquitous Christians, it only deepened my respect for these people outside my religion and made Christians look even more ignorant about other faiths.
    I think you are probably ignorant about your erstwhile religion i.e. christianity .I find many christians perfectly aware of what Bible teaches.

Even looking at this board I have seen members use quotes from the Bible to sometimes back up a principle that seemed universally evident in any walk of life.
    What quote you picked up in this forum(from bible) that is unversally evident? May i know ?

"God can be realized through all paths. All religions are true.
    Yes, including the ones that say GOD IS jealous and wants to kill those who don't worship him.

Chandu,

I don't get you. You seemed to support christianity in your first reply and now you seem to be finding fault with it.

Can you make up your mind?

This thread is NOT for comparing the two faiths; Hinduism & christianity.

There is NO comparison to begin with.

Namaskar.

Quote Originally Posted by TatTvamAsi View Post
    Chandu,

I don't get you. You seemed to support christianity in your first reply and now you seem to be finding fault with it.
    NOPE, either you are reading it wrong or the fault lies with me.I am merely pointing out the arrogance of those hindus who think they know more about Jesus than the christians.

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

Namasté

What do the wise say? Svāmī Brahmānanda Sarasvatī , Śaṅkarācārya of Jyotirmath (1941-1953) , informs us of the following:
    Don't do nindā (nindā निन्दा speaking ill, blaming, scorning) and if you are spoken ill of, understand him to be well-wishing one's own salvation, that speaking of you, he takes your sins on himself.

Bhāgavad gītā , Chapt 3, 31st śloka Kṛṣṇa says the following,
    Those men who are possessed of faith (śraddhā¹), who do not find fault (anasūyantah¹)and always follow the teaching of Mine, they too are liberated from action.

When one speaks ill of others he partakes of the sin's of others for whom he speaks... Mahaṛṣi Mahesh Yogī

praṇām

words
    • anasūya अनसूय not spiteful; absence of ill-will or envy + anta अन्त condition of
    • śraddhā श्रद्धा- to have faith or faithfulness , have belief or confidence , believe , be true or trustful ; this should not be confused with śrāddha श्राद्ध ; śrāddha is not a funeral ceremony (antyeṣṭi) but a supplement to such a ceremony
    Pranam,
    This is the age of Aquirius, the information age. For those of us discussing here we probably don't care one way or the other. Just passing time.

But there are people out there who are looking for answers. If no one is willing to point out the truth then how will they know.

I have these conversations about religion with Christians ALL THE TIME! They are (we were) taught that what's in the Bible is the absolute Truth and everybody else is wrong! Most do not know that they have choices. But they do have a lot of questions about Christianity and the Hindu Gods.

Sure some Christians may read this post and get upset and others may read it and decide to do research. Either way they will get information.

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Hiwaunis View Post
    But there are people out there who are looking for answers. If no one is willing to point out the truth then how will they know.
    Namaste,
    Namaste Hiwaunis,

I agree. Existence of Shaitan or Devil as a Second to the one, who is One Wthout a Second, is an impossiblity. This every one every where has to experience. No doubt, the objects which are called Christians and Muslims need to internalise this knowledge the most.

However, many hindus, who profess to have advaita faith also have not experienced this knowledge. The Universe is not individual's creation. Many Hindus also do not have faith in Hindu scriptures that teach that Ishwara is ONE and ALL and has the WILL and the PLAN. He alone spreads out the Universe like a spider spreads its net and He alone withdraws it.

Om Namah Shivaya
    Last edited by atanu; 29 August 2009 at 11:02 PM.
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

Namasté

I particularly didnt like the way the title was presented but the arguments surely can do some good to keep the bible thumping christians in check who are out to create hatred against hindu religion.

Bhāgavad gī
    tā , Chapt 3, 31st śloka Kṛṣṇa says the following,
    Those men who are possessed of faith (śraddhā&#185, who do not find fault (anasūyantah&#185and always follow the teaching of Mine, they too are liberated from action.
    That translation appears to be different from most authoritative ones.

http://www.bhagavad-gita.org/Gita/verse-03-31.html.

The anasüyantaù is translated as "not without envy" and those who said "not finding fault" said it with respect to teachings in Gita/Vedas.

So, one should keep quite when the imperialistic religions attack hinduism.

Is that what you are saying? yajvanji.

Thread Information