Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sikh criticism of Rama Krishna and Vivkenada

Re: Sikh criticism of Rama Krishna and Vivkenada

Very informative thread, Harjas Kaur ji ! Thanks.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Talking Re: Sikh criticism of Rama Krishna and Vivkenada

Thanks for the detailed response I will be sure to read it all when the time affords it.
    "My spiritual father is Swami Vivekananda" Canibus

Thumbs Up Re: Sikh criticism of Rama Krishna and Vivkenada

Dear Harjas Kaur Ji,
    Detailed and extremely good response.
    Hare Krishna

I absolutely LOVE reading the quotes of Guru Nanak(?)

the way he has addressed Sri Rama and sri Krsna is just marvellous.

This great saint actually met Sri Gauranga !!! and they danced together..Oh,How wonderful !!!!

thanks to harjas kaur ji for presenting the case to beautifully .

to sagefarkrobatik ,

if u isolate some sentences and paragraphs from a speech that actually spans over 3 hours or sometimes 3 days then it is obvious and very easy to derive wrong meanings out of it . in order to interpret the sentence correctly the entire speech has to read and the true context in which it was being spoken found out . neither the authuor nor u have bothered to do that .

perhaps it would be helpfull , if you take up a little pain and grant some 'time' to read through the post of kaur ji and take up complete works of vivekananda himself for a basic reading .

best of luck ...............

Namaste,

Incredible posts Harjas Kaur ji!

Namaskar.

yes really incredible post, i had no idea about sanatan sikhism, if possible, do make a separate thread(or point me to the one if it already exists) on sanatan sikhism

Well I finally read your rebutal and I think you are correct. After I read the article and before i read your response in its entirety I looked up the authors refrenced in the article on wikipedia and read the same criticism about their scholarship. I guess we should take into consideration the historical context of the article. The tone of the speeches would be different if the audience was different.

Also regarding the claim that RamaKrishna is God Isnt there a part of the Gospel of Ramakrishna where RamaKrishna attempts to disprove his "Divinity" when he breaks his arm.

As far as RamaKrishna's sexuality is concerned unless he was a child molester i dont see it as a problem. There is a book written called the "Intimate Life of Abraham Lincoln" that posits Abraham Lincoln was a homosexual.

Some liberal scholars go as far as to say that David and Johnathan from the bible shared homosexual love.

Personally I am unconcerned with whether or not Ramakrishna was attracted to men or woman because I have no problem with homosexuality. Unless it could be shown that he was extremely promiscuous in which case I would say that this is a major chink in his moral armor.

There is one point I wanted to quote you on and perhaps try to explain it in another way

Where in the Indian Constitution is slavery legal as claimed in the article that India has 600 million slaves? Shudra means lower caste artisans, workers, and manual laborers. How many manual laborers are in the United States? You see, this is rhetorical speech intended to create a negative impression.
    I think what is meant here is forced labor. Many migrants are illegally forced into labor against their will. They are not officially slaves (meaning the property of someone else) but they are treated as such. The only difference is that slavery was legally recognized. For a better understanding of this look into the lack of labor mobilitiy imposed on Indonesian migrant workers in Malaysia. These labors were under strict rules on who and how they worked they were not allowed to change jobs.

I am going to revisit the article I posted more carefully keeping in mind what you have posted.

Thank You
    "My spiritual father is Swami Vivekananda" Canibus

Thread Information