Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Reality

Re: Reality

Quote Originally Posted by tatvam
    What did you understand from Nammalvar's poems ?
    "all sorts of service to the Lord"..when will you understand this if you think you youself is equal to GOD.
    So that is your objection to Advaita? People calling themselves God? I think you are totally missing the point. We are only saying that Lord himself became many, and there is no question of "I being the God", when something is present everywhere. God is just "I am" and not anything specific as you or me, which are just points of desire that will vanish some day.

I dont see any difference from my own monistic guru whose teaching is the goal of life is to be in divine service ~ divine service is what?? What does God want as service? What does he lack? Does he need me to serve him coffee every day? This is just meant to be a human analogy. I see the same thing in Alvar hymns, and no real contradictions. People are encouraged to involve in divine service so that their love towards God may ripen, that does not mean that is end point of the spiritual journey. There is nothing called worship or service ultimately - that means God is lacking in something. The ultimate Godhead cannot be worshipped - it is beyond any such concepts.

Aftering talking so much about purifying oneself by loosing "I" and "mine", and yet you talk of divine service, with "I" serving "He" . Can you really cheat the Lord this way? This talk will vanish when the wisdom dawns. What to do? He himself is desiring to do service to himself. Let us just respect his wishes and move on...

Qualified monism has to finally end in monism only, beyond these levels of divine service. No objections to the aim for the goal of divine service, and it will certainly carry you to the very high in the end.

if Avidya can't be explained for those in avidya..then you also don't understand that , and even Shankarachrya didn't understand that..because all of us in avidya only..then how to get solvation?

let us stop this discussion as you are not able to answer regading Avidya..
    Thank you.

Re: Knowledge

Namaskar Tattwam.

This is what is the assumption of Tattwam.

"all sorts of service to the Lord"..when will you understand this if you think you youself is equal to GOD.

No true Advaitin equates the ego self to shiva Self. All of Tattwam's cynicism stem from this assumption.

Namaste Atanu,

Here the example you have given is for whether the perception is right or wrong but not for whether the perception is absolutely true or false.
    So if a blind man thinks the pillars in place of elephant..he must aware of pillars before..so pillars must be true. Ofcourse his assumtion was wrong..because of his blindness.

You need only answer "Who knows about the Pillar?" Tattwam, you assume that the ego self is the reality and the knower etc. Because you have somehow been told to stick to individuality without examining whether the individuality is the eternal truth or not?

Please try to find out the one who knows about the pillar.

That is the problem with Advaitins..you take oly some descriptions which are suitable fot your theory.
    If turiya is the self and there is nothing above this turiya, then what is Avidya? is Avidya a thought ? who is experiencing Avidya?

tell me what is Turiya and what is avidya? which one is real..or both are real?
    Isn't it a problem with you Tattwam that you will never accept that the Self is shivoadvaitam?

What is your problem?

Regarding Avidya. Avidya is very real to you -- the ego self, which itself is the Avidya and does not exist. The senses percieve this avidya. There is no Avidya in shivoadvaitam.

So..that Yogi will say to whom? to himself? how does he know this fact?
    could he know that reality without this body which is unreal ?
    Oh, I have to repeat the previous question. Tattwam, who is the knower in Tattwam? Who is Tattwam?

There is only one intelligent principle -- the Atma and it is advaitam (as per Mandukya and several other Abheda vakyas).

I agree..existence or conciousness is the only reality..
    does that existence knows itself and knows its exact nature?

Then why that reality came into avidya..lack of knowledge?
    Who is saying that reality came into avidya? Is the reality saying so? (I cannot allow Tattwam forcing his own view on reality ).

Find the one who is saying "reality has come into avidya".

on the pure intelligence how the multiforms appeared? and why appeared?
    pure intelligence ever remains..I agree..it'ss existence is not the problem..why it is not behaving like that now?

It is behaving like that even now. Turiya is the unchanging ever present self on which all pictures come and go.

Om Namah Shivayya

Thread Information