Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Please guide me !

Re: Please guide me !

Dear EM
    We can keep criticizing missionaries, a thief, borderline pedophile, selfish lazy son of a gun who claimed JC in his heart, ISKCON encounters, British and Islamic people who “raped” India etc,etc , calling them asuric, adharmic and untouchable people , keep on complaining and whining about these, but nothing going to be accomplished. BG is at least clear to me that it puts me on a pedestal, how I can be self realized and what difference I can make in my Swadharma. BG wants us to become Karma Yogi. My attitude is every thing that happened for a reason BG says not even one blade of grass moves without His knowing. I love Dear Yaj for trying to keep his composure in his posts.

Love.....VC

Quote Originally Posted by vcindiana View Post
    Dear EM
    We can keep criticizing missionaries, a thief, borderline pedophile, selfish lazy son of a gun who claimed JC in his heart, ISKCON encounters, British and Islamic people who “raped” India etc,etc , calling them asuric, adharmic and untouchable people , keep on complaining and whining about these, but nothing going to be accomplished. BG is at least clear to me that it puts me on a pedestal, how I can be self realized and what difference I can make in my Swadharma. BG wants us to become Karma Yogi. My attitude is every thing that happened for a reason BG says not even one blade of grass moves without His knowing.
    Namaste EM & VC,

This dilemma arises when we reduce God to some concept in mind ... limited to some name & form. If you really love God, you can't do any injustice to anyone, you cannot think of hurting anyone, you can never be selfish at the cost of others. Why ?

Because :

"Aham AtmA gudakeshah Sarva BhUtashaya Sthitah"

===> I am the Self sitting in the heart of all beings.

So, any wrong done to any 'other' being is actually wrong done to God Himself !

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Namaste All,

Dear EM - I am not trolling here. I am in a really troubling situation currently. I am not able to eat more than 1 roti whether in dinner or lunch. I was in home with my parents when these bouts of guilt hit me. I had felt so weak that I was not able to speak properly (my voice had become so low). At one point I thought I will probably die because of all this. I try to occupy myself with various things and not think about this at all. The bouts of depression hit me the hardest just after I wake up.
    I will not bore you with my sob story now. I hope I am fine psychologically by the time I marry.

Dear Rama Raksha - I very much want to marry this girl. And I have been trying to convince myself that it was just a lapse in judgement - a vice that I indulged in briefly. I am quoting a comment by Mr. Sudarshan on this same site -

"A sin must be discriminated from a vice. A sin is an action that harms others mentally or physically and it can be absolved only by experiencing its fruits or by deep prayers of remorse. Bigger sins like murder in a past birth etc cannot be resolved apart from samAdhi or by undergoing the effects.

Activities like masturbation, pre marital sex, prostitution, smoking, drugs etc are not sins, because they do not hurt others. These are addictions which must be given up if one aspires for spiritual growth. "

Whenever I encounter these bouts of depression, I head back to this forum and read the comments again and again. But now I think I should just get off internet and try to immerse myself in my regular life. I am thinking of joining some NGO and doing some voluntary work both as a penance and just to occupy me with something better.

Namaste:

I'm sorry if I offended. I was just suggesting the possibility. Best wishes in your decision. Only time will tell.

Aum Namasivaya

Admin Note

Namaskar,

Please seek professional help. Solving such personal problems of members is beyond the scope of this forum.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sinner10 View Post
    Namaste All,

Dear EM - I am not trolling here. I am in a really troubling situation currently. I am not able to eat more than 1 roti whether in dinner or lunch. I was in home with my parents when these bouts of guilt hit me. I had felt so weak that I was not able to speak properly (my voice had become so low). At one point I thought I will probably die because of all this.
    satay

Thread Information