Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ISKCON Translation of Svet Upanishad

Re: ISKCON Translation of Svet Upanishad

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

Namasté bhaktajan,

Thank you for your reply, yet I am still at a loss for your personal experience as a knower of the SELF ( jñātā or knower).

Can you share with us your personal experience of looking through the eyes of an individual that is no longer 'individual'. What do you see, how do you act, what is next?

That is, can you talk a bit about your pratibimba-vada or reflection? Being posessed of the SELF, what now does this universe look like?

And for many here can you offer the upāya , or skillful means, technique or way,that brought you to this place of silence, the SELF.

If this is your experience
    I am self-realised. Oh yes I am!
    Then all here on HDF are willing to listen and learn of the unfoldment process you may offer to help others along.

Truly there is in this world nothing so purifying as knowledge; He who is perfected in Yoga, of himself in time finds this within himself. Bhāgavad gītā, Chapt 4, 38th śloka.

We look to what you have learned and can pass on.

praṇām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Bhargavasi,

"for God should never have a motive to create a servant or slave soul."

Do you then accept that all others except God ---are motived to create a servants or slaves? IOW, your parents, teachers, boss, mate, auto repair mechanic, insurance company, therapist, telephone & electric company, banker, police force, tax collector, the street robber, the wild dog HAVE ALREADY created servants or slaves of you? Do you live above and aloft from these common benefactors are motivated to make you happy? Or is everyone simply washing each others hands, mutually.

Ananda --- is the state of ZERO ANXIETY. Get to the point of ZERO ANXIETY and you will feel Ananda.

The more true lasting ZERO ANXIETY that can be arranged ---the longer the sensation od ananda remains preceptable.

The Soul is the self. The Soul-Self is constructed of one Characteristic: Consciousness.

Just as the law of physics says, 'no two objects can occupy the same space at the same time, so similarly, 'no two Soul-Self(s) can occupy the same space at the same time' ergo, the Soul-Self is an individual. Once the Soul-Self realises his individualty they start the journey . . . but no man is an Island ---this is the way it is, on lower stratums as well as in higher stratums of influence.

Ananda can be obtained even by meditating, is that not Ananda?

My personal experience as a knower of the SELF ( jñātā or knower)?

"My personal experience"---This is the experience.
    99% of Daily time is involved with mundane tasks --- just as the silence of sitting meditation can slow the continuous stream of thoughts--- the "satisfaction" of preforming mundane tasks is the best we can ask for to sense the presence of the self.

Yajvan, the limits of self-realisation are constricted outside of ashram life. Daily sadhana is the best of a bad bargain ---one must be disciplined at least in one regard what to speak of the 7 opulences in Gita 10:30.

Can you share with us your personal experience of looking through the eyes of an individual that is no longer 'individual'. What do you see, how do you act, what is next?

Renuciation of all in the event of sudden catasthophic anihilation [aka death] is the prime preparation in life to be trained-up for via the Yogic disciplines. Krsna-rupa-lila-smaranam is best. Since death may occur at any unexpected time of day, night or stage of life ---first we must learn the trials and trappings of life's tendency to ensnare us in maya ---so, daily practice of seeing who/where/when we invest our energies in adharmic or even mundane inattention to ill-motivated outsiders that seek to drain our energy for their use.

A sense of self-preservation must be cultivated [vs false fascade of courage] that works on its own accord while one may be distracted.

That is, can you talk a bit about your pratibimba-vada or reflection?
    There is the simply daily reflection that the body entoto is not under ones own control ---we, the Self-Soul is like a building superintendent that contents with fixing every nook & cranny of the buliding Complex and Grounds ---the workings of the organs etc are mysteries! The heart beats at night during sleep without the Self-Soul being asked to attend to these micro-functions. The body is a Mystery machine that we live in the penthouse suite where we call-in requests to room service, with pomp and due esteem, we glance out from our perches and take for granted the tapasya required to get to this point.

The perceptions of the world as seen by 'an introspective sage' is less censored ---then a gross materialist seeking gratifications of differring sorts.

A brave centered satisfied non-competitive gratefull sage can find new neuances/insights by observing the world and 'letting it (the world) happen' without interjecting his 'ego' ---and thus the sages mind sees more ramifications via any stimulai that passes his sense-perception.

Being posessed of the SELF, what now does this universe look like?
    The contemplation of time & people that performed the same things we do now adays ---and how others past years of sunny & rainy days yet the 'song remains the same'

[BTW, remind me to upload a Birds-eye-view of the Brahmanda jpeg]

And for many here can you offer the upāya , or skillful means, technique or way,that brought you to this place of silence, the SELF.

Always remember with great confidence and fixed fellowship with Brahman and fixed reliance of paramatma's protection that I am a fool number One par excellance. Humuility combined with the proper Guru-trainedshipness will provide with views of the greatest adventures. Krishna says in the Gita, 'I am the spirit of Adventure'.

If this is your experience
    Quote:
    I do consider that the self-realisation is available via Vedic studentship ---I do not consider that seeing all the extreme & subtle sufferings in the world "fun" ---but at the end of the day renunciation will be served.

We must look to what we have learned and can pass on.

Jai Sri Radha Syam

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

Namasté bhaktajan

thank you for your post, yet I still have blemishes in my comprehension of your writings. Let me be straightforward in my question ( if this seems a bit forward, pardon me beforehand); You are saying that your are jīvanmukta ? Is this correct?

My bewilderment (mūḍha - perplexed , confused , uncertain or at a loss about ) comes from what you offer. I ask of the upāya , or skillful means, technique or way, that brought you to this place of silence, the SELF, and you are kind enough to offer the following ( yet I do not see the relevance):
    Always remember with great confidence and fixed fellowship with Brahman and fixed reliance of paramatma's protection that I am a fool number One par excellance. Humuility combined with the proper Guru-trainedshipness will provide with views of the greatest adventures. Krishna says in the Gita, 'I am the spirit of Adventure'

I ask for your personal experience of looking through the eyes of an individual that is no longer 'individual'. What do you see ? That is, has your individuality melted away and you now experience something other then aṇu - if so what? and you offer the following ( I cannot connect the dots):
    Renuciation of all in the event of sudden catasthophic anihilation [aka death] is the prime preparation in life to be trained-up for via the Yogic disciplines. Krsna-rupa-lila-smaranam is best. Since death may occur at any unexpected time of day, night or stage of life ---first we must learn the trials and trappings of life's tendency to ensnare us in maya ---so, daily practice of seeing who/where/when we invest our energies in adharmic or even mundane inattention to ill-motivated outsiders that seek to drain our energy for their use.

While what you offer is somewhat interesting, I am at a loss on how it hits the mark to explain one's experience of the SELF - 7 days a week , 24 hrs a day, 365 days a year. To that point , for you, is turiya a constant experience all day and all night ? In wake-dream-and-sleep? Is this your personal experience? This will help me comprehend your jñātā experience.

praṇām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Knowledge and detachment and the blessings of senior Spiritual Masters of all levels has given me staunch, extreme and gratefully
    great confidence and fixed fellowship with Brahman and fixed reliance of paramatma's protection that I am a fool number one.

Let me tell the truth and nothing but the truth, my conceit is:

I am fool number one ---which, places me head and shoulders above the rest of the common masses ---so help me God.

Last edited by bhaktajan; 11 September 2009 at 07:19 PM.

"one's experience of the SELF"

This is a misnomer.

One's SELF is the experiencer.

One's SELF experiences maya 100% of the day ---except if it DOES NOT consciously observes yogic rules of tapasya to a specific end.

The self is 'self-contained' yet accompanied by bretheren in the same predicament in a field fill with inanimate objects that may or may not be utilised in service of ______. In service of Others? In service of One's senses? In service of Others? In service of Knowledge?

Practically, 'hari-nama-japa ca krnsa-lila sramanam' and sub-sets of that is more then sufficent for me and most fools of my calibre ---except others may, rarely, keep themselves cloistered for at least one sabatical at a time, or for at least one ekadasi at a time, or one life-time at a time.

I do not claim that I possess the following qualities:
    Brahma-bhuta/brahma-nirvanam (free from false ego & free from material contamination and situated as one with the Absolute)

and

Atamarama (one who is self-satified, free from external, material desires)

In the Chändogya Upaniñad there are eight symptoms of a jévan-mukta, a person who is already liberated even when living in this body:

1] apahata-päpa --Free from all sinful activity.
    2] vijara --not subjected to the miseries of old age.
    3] vimåtyu --does not take on any more material bodies/births.
    4] viçoka --callous to material distress and happiness.
    5] vijighatsa --no longer desires material enjoyment.
    6] apipätä --no desire other than to engage in the devotional service of Kåñëa
    7] satya-käma (satya-saìkalpa)--all desires are directed to the Supreme Truth, Kåñëa and fulfilled by the Lord’s grace.
    8] sadharma -- the same quality as returning to the spiritual world.

We must become gentlemen & women by planning to stop flesh eating, stop cow slaughter and cultivate these knowledge in the following way:

Bhagavad-gétä (13.8–12):
    (1) One should become a perfect gentleman and learn to give proper respect to others.
    (2) One should not pose himself as a religionist simply for name and fame.
    (3) One should not become a source of anxiety to others by the actions of his body, by the thoughts of his mind, or by his words.
    (4) One should learn forbearance even in the face of provocation from others.
    (5) One should learn to avoid duplicity in his dealings with others.
    (6) One should search out a bona fide spiritual master who can lead him gradually to the stage of spiritual realization, and one must submit himself to such a spiritual master, render him service and ask relevant questions.
    (7) In order to approach the platform of self-realization, one must follow the regulative principles enjoined in the revealed scriptures.
    (8) One must be fixed in the tenets of the revealed scriptures.
    (9) One should completely refrain from practices which are detrimental to the interest of self-realization.
    (10) One should not accept more than he requires for the maintenance of the body.
    (11) One should not falsely identify himself with the gross material body, nor should one consider those who are related to his body to be his own.
    (12) One should always remember that as long as he has a material body he must face the miseries of repeated birth, old age, disease and death. There is no use in making plans to get rid of these miseries of the material body. The best course is to find out the means by which one may regain his spiritual identity.
    (13) One should not be attached to more than the necessities of life required for spiritual advancement.
    (14) One should not be more attached to wife, children and home than the revealed scriptures
    ordain.
    (15) One should not be happy or distressed over desirables and undesirables, knowing that such feelings are just created by the mind.
    (16) One should become an unalloyed devotee of the Personality of Godhead, Çré Kåñëa, and serve Him with rapt attention.
    (17) One should develop a liking for residence in a secluded place with a calm and quiet atmosphere favorable for spiritual culture, and one should avoid congested places where nondevotees congregate.
    (18) One should become a scientist or philosopher and conduct research into spiritual knowledge, recognizing that spiritual knowledge is permanent whereas material knowledge ends with the death of the body.
    These eighteen items combine to form a gradual process by which real knowledge can be developed. Except for these, all other methods are considered to be in the category of nescience.

repeat post deleted

repeat post deleted

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

Namasté bhaktajan,

Quote Originally Posted by bhaktajan View Post
    Knowledge and detachment and the blessings of senior Spiritual Masters of all levels has given me staunch, extreme and gratefully
    great confidence and fixed fellowship with Brahman and fixed reliance of paramatma's protection that I am a fool number one.

Let me tell the truth and nothing but the truth, my conceit is:

I am fool number one ---which, places me head and shoulders above the rest of the common masses ---so help me God.
    Fools, we have plenty of. What we (this earth) are in need of are exponents of Reality.

icchā śakttirūmā kumāri || śiva sutras 1.13
    I yield to svāmī Lakṣman-jū's translation: for such a yogī his will is one with the energy of the Lord

As I see it in this state of accomplishment, this brahmvidvarishta or brahma sakshtkara ( the Self-Realized one), one's actions are His ( the Lord's) actions. One has nothing to achieve, all has been achieved.

This 'devotion' or saghaṭṭa is there 7x24x365 days a year; one becomes the extention of Him. This is the complete fulfillment of Kṛṣṇa's teachings in the Bhāgavad gītā.

I thank you for taking the time to address my questions and will leave my questions (and doubts) for another time.

dhanyavāda and praṇām

words
    saṃghaṭṭa संघट्ट- union; rubbing or clashing together
    Last edited by yajvan; 11 September 2009 at 08:06 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hariḥ oṁ
    Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    Fools, we have plenty of. What we (this earth) are in need of are exponents of Reality.

I thank you for taking the time to address my questions and will leave my questions (and doubts) for another time.
    words
    saṃghaṭṭa संघट्ट- union; rubbing or clashing together

Namaste yajvan ji,

He has already spoken. He is a great soul so you and that other fool do not undrtstand this great soul. He has already given a fitting reply which is repeated below:

Unfortunately it does not provide me with any means of paying the bills.

He has already told amply clearly in what disdain he holds even the concept of Self Realisation. He is bright new star -- a servanyt of Prabhupada, who rightly called other fake Indian Gurus, who taught of fake Self Realisation as Cheaters and Rascals.

Jai Shri Krishna

Thread Information