Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puja as you do it

Question Puja as you do it

Namaste to all!

I hava quaestion about how puja is done by you. Do you do it by the book or you do it almost as it is in the book or you do it totaly freelly (by your own way)? If you do it by your own way, can you tell me why and how?

All the best to you all,
    Dani
    Last edited by Dani; 14 September 2009 at 02:44 PM.
    "Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided man."

"Suffering brings wisdom; Comfort brings ignorance"

Re: Puja as you do it

Is there any one ready to share that with us. I would like to know that because i will son start to do puja.
    "Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided man."

namaskar Dani,
    On this forum, there are counless posts on how to do puja. Please do a search.

Thanks,
    satay

Namaste Dani

While I haven't done puja myself yet (I'm waiting for someone to "teach" me in person rather than learn it from a book; somehow it feels more "natural", if that makes sense...) here are a couple of good links people in this forum have showed me:

http://www.hinduismtoday.com/modules...hp?itemid=1484

and

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/reso...nesha-home.pdf (I'm really fond of this second one)

I hope that helps.

Namaste,

Thank you to both and i respect yours answer. But i was also thinking to do some how my own way of puja so i would mostly like to know what elements are important in puja and so on.

Dani:

This is entirely up to you. A puja can be as simple as waving a flame in front of a picture and saying Aum to a 3 (or 10) hour long recitation of mantrams, offerings, parades, abhishekhams, hand gestures, etc. Whatever feels best for you. As long as your heart is in it, Ganesha will understand. This is a Real being we're dealing with. And a very gentle loving compassionate understanding one at that. So your fears, doubts arte unwarranted.

This is really the same as asking Ganesha, "What do You want?" The links that Star gave you are great places to start.

Aum Ekandantaya Vidmahe Vakratundaya Dhimahi Tanodante Pracodayat.

Namaste Eastern Mind,

Thank you!!!! In a following days i will take a picture of some objects and will it be posible from you, and any one else, that you will explane me for what and what are some object and for what are they, if you know what i mean?

All the best to you and to all,
    Dani

Dani: Not a problem. He's called you. Now He'll catch you. lol

I'm curious. What was it that brought you to Him? Reading? Experience? A vision?

Aum Namasivaya
    Last edited by Eastern Mind; 16 September 2009 at 03:05 PM. Reason: addition

Namaste,

Firs i would like to answer to Eastern Mind:
    Although i was raised Cristian i had never felt like it. So one day i have seen a Book about meditation (when i was 14 or 15) and at that point of my life i have started to explore eastern traditions. I have worked with Kali at that time, but some day i had a feeling that something that i'm doing is not ok and that i will have to somehow descover what that is. So i have stoped with Kali mantras and others, and after a few years of research i somehow couldn't found what to do. But some day i had to go to a hospital and i have stayed there for two weaks and at the end of my days in hospital i have felt that i have to start working with Ganesha (i have known ganesha at that point) as he is the first that has to be invoked or worshiped. So from that day on i live only for ganesha and i try to do as much as i can to know him (through my day to day sadhanas) and i try to do as much as i can to come closer to him (it's like he will call me).

Ok, so that was a short answer to you Eastern Mind and now the second quaestion is about some puja items. I have attached a photo of elements that i have purchase few days back and i would like to ask you if you can tell me what those things are and where are they used. Please can you hellp me?!

(and a few pictures that maybe can be in hellp to you:

I do have a book Loving Ganesha and i will do puja by that book, but i don't know what those items are and where to use them. There is entire book on internet (Loving Ganesha) but i don't remember where (in case if you will need it).

Here is the link of the book Loving Ganesha (chapter 12)!

Thread Information