Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: A Personal Library of Hindu Sanskrit Texts Translations

Re: A Personal Library of Hindu Sanskrit Texts Translations

my Heartiest Thanks to Dearest Bro saidevo for putting such great effort as opening Treasure of Heavens for all us.
    Best Regards.
    nishkam yogi

2. Re: A Personal Library of Hindu Sanskrit Texts Translations

Namah Shivaya,
    This is just brilliant!! thanks to inspired people like you that we consider Hinduism to be eternal. I ll take a lot of time to read this, but i ll surely do so in near or later future.
    Namah Shivaya

Namaste Saidevo and all,

flying to Hyderabad for a 10 day stay visiting family, the routine im sure you all can guess. Planning to visit Ramakrishna Mutt in town, my most favorite place in town. What books would you recommend from there, say i have room for about 20 to 30 books. Iam not sure what other book stores have a collection of scriptures. Dhanya vadam.

namaste charitra.

RK MaTham has published good books on upaniShads, with Sanskrit verse, English transliteration and meaning. So, if you are collecting scriptures, your first choice could be the ten upaniShads. I have a good set of their published Hindu texts.

• They have a 2-volume set titled 'Eight UpaniShads' with Shankara's commentary, plus the remaining two upaniShads, viz.ChAndogya and bRhadAraNyaka published separately.

• They also have a gift pack of some upaniShads priced at Rs.250/- or so. These are Sanskrit-English too, and although they don't have Shankara's commentary, they are good for quick reference and reading.

• BrahmasUtra with Shankara's commentary: a heavy book, could be useful for reference.

• If you are interested in Shankara's works, they have some of them. You might have a glance at each book and buy what you prefer: could be viveka chUDAmaNI, upadesha sahasri, bhajagovindam, Atmabodha, tattva bodha and so on.

• If you want to read introductory books on Vedanta and bhagavad gItA, they have them.

• Of course, they are the source for books on/by VivekAnanda and RAmakRShNa.

• Some other books that I saw here (http://www.infibeam.com/Books/ramakr...on-publisher/),
    and could be of help might include (I have not glanced at them):

01. Hinduism Frequently Asked Questions By Chinmayananda Swami [Unknown]
    02. Hindu Culture An Introduction By Swami Tejomayananda

and possibly many others. Check these Websites further to arrive at your preferences:
    http://www.belurmath.org/publication.htm
    http://www.chennaimath.org/estore

Wish you a happy collection!
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

namaste everyone.

Even if you may not prefer to have ALL the books in the Library whose links I have collected here, it would be easy to have the 00index.html interface plus the required folders set up in your system, so you might use the interface to download only what you need and then move it to its related folder. You can also use the 00index.html file to read the books, with necessary plugins to the browsers. For more details, check post #55 in this thread.

Someone said the Library has Sanskrit originals, but it also has English translations whereever I could get them, plus a good number of English texts on Hindu scriptures, dharma, religion and philosophy.
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

NAMASTE TO ALL OF YOU

Hi,
    I have started uploading files to scribd with the user handle HinduismLibrary

http://www.scribd.com/HinduismLibrary
    namastE astu bhagavan vishveshvarAya mahAdevAya tryaMbakAya|
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

sarvam shrI umA-mahEshwara parabrahmArpaNamastu

A Shaivite library
    http://www.scribd.com/HinduismLibrary

तद्विद्धि प्रणिपातेन परिप्रश्नेन सेवया ।
    उपदेक्ष्यन्ति ते ज्ञानं ज्ञानिनस्तत्वदर्शिनः ॥

उस ज्ञान को तू तत्वदर्शी ज्ञानियों के पास जाकर समझ, उनको भलीभाँति दण्डवत्* प्रणाम करने से, उनकी सेवा करने से और कपट छोड़कर सरलतापूर्वक प्रश्न करने से वे परमात्म तत्व को भलीभाँति जानने वाले ज्ञानी महात्मा तुझे उस तत्वज्ञान का उपदेश करेंगे. श्रीमद्*भगवद्*गीता-4.34

Thumbs Up Re: A Personal Library of Hindu Sanskrit Texts Translations

Dear Sir,

You are rendering a noble service to illiterates like me. I was introduced to this by Shiva Fan. It would take entire lifetime to understand these text. I should have stepped into HDF at least six years ago, but better late than never.

Let me thank you once again....

Thread Information