Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

Namasté

May I ask those on HDF , who has this experience today? If Yes, please advise of your experiences, if no why so?

I am of the camp of 'no'. And why so? I am steeped in ignorance (still) yet I am able to see a faint light at the end of the tunnel; for this I am blessed.

praṇām

To attain liberation, knowledge is essential, but knowledge alone is not adequate for liberation, the pure state of non-duality (adviata).

Real state of non-duality can only be experienced after you have overcome the Maya completely.

So, what is “maya”?

It is a terminology alone, used to describe the elaborate Upanishads (or the numerous deriving philosophies).

“A terminology stands for, an imaginary effect of fabrication of Physical, emotional, mental & spiritual attachment occurred from the fear of existence, at the time of birth itself.

All living entities continue to experience it until the destruction of Maya (the above described attachment).

Maya on entities varies due to the variance in the deposit if pranic energy in all living and non living entities.

Due to this effect of illusion, jiva (all living entities) experience a notion of separation in the Oneness.

The experience of the realization of this reality (above) is Liberation (moksha)”.

So maya is just the illusion that happens, due to the physical, emotional, mental & spiritual attachments of your chita towards prakriti.

Thus, the attachment, or the desires due to various attachments, causes one to refrain from reaching the advaita pada or hinders the unification of Purusha and Prakriti/ Conscious and Super Consciousness/ Shiva and Sakthi/ Jiva and Iswara.

Now, we have knowledge on this subject, haven’t we?

But, is it only a similar to the knowledge we have on food-“Food can help escape hunger”.

With this knowledge on food, you begin your search on the internet for the best food, refer the culinary books available, ask your friends for the best advice, expect your boss to inform you the best eat out, and finally imagine you are still unable to eat some food?

With all the KNOWLEDGE on food, you are left hungry.

What does this imply?
Unless the knowledge turns to practical experiences, knowledge will remain knowledge and never becomes productive, to become a reality.

Maya will still persist, even though you possess the above knowledge.

For a person, the Maya gets destroyed, only when he perceives Brahman with transcendental knowledge. Also understand that Maya is invisible (or this effect of illusion of attachment is not experienced by the senses).

An experience beyond the senses can be experienced with meditation.

Mediation requires pure balance of body or ultimate willpower.
Balancing of body becomes possible through proper movements of the body.

Now, we arrive at this. Advaita is possible only for those who are earnest to work for themselves, possessing great willpower.

I consider this HDF itself a bandhana, and I appreciate people who find time for mediation for 5 days and use the internet for two days and share their experiences.

Remain simple in life, experience more of nature (than spending your time in your room), try being in nature, learn to love, learn to experience the Ultimate Truth, learn through experience everything is SAT and you are a part of it.

Have you ever noticed a difference between your right and left hand, or ever wondered why they are named left and right? You believe that it exists in you. The same way everything exists in one, and you exist in everyone.

That is the real power of Advaita, an experience of purusha and prakriti together in ONE.

Devotion (Bhakti) will discard the effects of bad Karma, purify a person’s mind and bring him closer to the true knowledge. Slowly, the difference between the worshipper and the worshipped starts to fade, and upon true knowledge, liberation occurs.

In summary, make sure you believe in one deity only (let it be the creator, exister or the destructor), for the one purpose of liberation (not for prosperity in life). Meditate upon the deity and recognize the effects of Maya, and the variations in the effects of Maya during the thri gunas, overcome it by sacrificing your indriya sukha and by extending love for Brahman.

You start to know Brahman; you start to know everything that you ought to know.
Be not be proud of your findings during meditation (because findings happen when your thinking is incomplete, you think and try to complete it , but end up in wasting time on unwanted science).

Be confident and enjoy the blissful inner smile of the purusha in devotion.

Here, you opted for the fast food and did order it too!

Now will emerge the thoughts of waiting… for the food …. It is again a bandhana (attachment). So, prepare to meditate and meditate and meditate, till you feel the delivery of your food is going to disturb your meditation. lol

त्रिभिर्गुणमयैर्भावैरेभिः सर्वमिदं जगत् |
मोहितं नाभिजानाति मामेभ्यः परमव्ययम् ||७-१३||

दैवी ह्येषा गुणमयी मम माया दुरत्यया |
मामेव ये प्रपद्यन्ते मायामेतां तरन्ति ते ||७-१४||

Bhagavad Gita 7:13 and 14

Shri. Sankara, the great acharya doesn’t require body movements at multi gym or yoga centre. Imagine, he traveled across the Indian subcontinent twice on foot and is believed to be born as a Saint. So, request not to compare with the great Acharyas.
Shri. Sankara in his Bhajavovindam

भगवद् गीता किञ्चिदधीता
गङ्गा जललव कणिकापीता

सकृदपि येन मुरारि समर्चा
क्रियते तस्य यमेन न चर्चा

Brahman