Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: VOID Void void

Re: VOID Void void

Namaste Bhaktajan,

You are asserting that Brahman is Void. The dictionary states these meanings of void when used as noun :

n.
    1.An empty space, A vacuum.
    2. An open space or a break in continuity; a gap.
    3. A feeling or state of emptiness, loneliness, or loss.
    4. Games Absence of cards of a particular suit in a dealt hand: a void in hearts.

So, what meaning above indicates Brahman ?

Shall we say that Brahman is simply an empty space or vacuum ?
    Shall we say that it is a break in the continuity or a feeling/state of emptiness ?
    Or Brahman is nothing but absence of cards of a particular suit in a game of cards ?

As the last two alternatives are ruled out, Brahman can be, perhaps, empty space or vacuum, as per your definition ? If Brahman is empty space then it should be powerless, without intelligence, without any consciousness & without any creative power as the empty space is ?

Or shall we say that empty space is omnipotent, the creator, sustainer & the destroyer ? If it is so, is the empty space really empty ?

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Re: The Supreme Personality...

Quote Originally Posted by bhaktajan View Post
    Atanu,
    Since the void shares all the similarities of Brahman they are actually one and the same thing.
    The "Supreme Personality" pre-dates all things --before even 'sunya' 'zero'].
    Brahman is beginningless. Beginningless cannot be predated. kAla (time) does not predate Brahman, else Brahman would be subject death and birth.

Also, Brahman is devoid of internal differences. Anyone who sees any difference goes from death to Death.

A is different from B because that is an absolute rule.
    And thus in 'Personality of Godhead', the Personality is distinct from the Godhead -- an absolute rule.

Om
    Last edited by atanu; 25 September 2009 at 01:43 PM.
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

But I say the proper conceptualisation/metal (sic) picture of Brahman is that:1] 'Brahman is that which constitutes the Void
    Which Hindu scripture teaches that Brahman constitutes the void?

Om

Note: I know that some christian missionaries in the disguise of being hindus, such Datta teach that Brahman is Sunya and thus Meditative experience of Brahman is dark and useless.
    Last edited by atanu; 25 September 2009 at 01:48 PM.
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    Namaste Bhaktajan,

You are asserting that Brahman is Void. The dictionary states these meanings of void when used as noun :

n.
    1.An empty space, A vacuum.
    2. An open space or a break in continuity; a gap.
    3. A feeling or state of emptiness, loneliness, or loss.
    4. Games Absence of cards of a particular suit in a dealt hand: a void in hearts.

So, what meaning above indicates Brahman ?

Shall we say that Brahman is simply an empty space or vacuum ?
    Shall we say that it is a break in the continuity or a feeling/state of emptiness ?
    Or Brahman is nothing but absence of cards of a particular suit in a game of cards ?

As the last two alternatives are ruled out, Brahman can be, perhaps, empty space or vacuum, as per your definition ? If Brahman is empty space then it should be powerless, without intelligence, without any consciousness & without any creative power as the empty space is ?

Or shall we say that empty space is omnipotent, the creator, sustainer & the destroyer ? If it is so, is the empty space really empty ?

OM
    So which is it when you write VOID on your cheque? Must be a new meaning.

Is this nothingness also the fullness of everything?

Aum

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    So which is it when you write VOID on your cheque? Must be a new meaning.

Is this nothingness also the fullness of everything?

Aum
    I think, I see the point now. Brahman is truly penniless.

Quote Originally Posted by atanu View Post
    I think, I see the point now. Brahman is truly penniless.
    lol So lets get this straight. Once and for all. No arguing. I am Brahman. You are Brahman. Brahman is penniless. Therefore you and I are penniless.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by bhaktajan View Post
    A] "VOID AS BRAHMAN" = A VOID THAT DOES NOT REST UPON ITS OWN TERRITORY--- that is rests upon _________ something.
    ---
    B] VOID AS OBLIVION.
    This is exactly the propaganda of Datta.

2] 'All things' [States-of-Duality] are also absolute [and even 'change' among the duality is absolute].

But I say that Where One Finds Brahman + All Things = the Material Cosmos where Time transpires.
    Why make things so complicated? Shri Krishna teaches "Know the Brahman, which is indivisible but appears divided in bodies". So honour and obey Lord. If you cannot then do not create equations such as:

Shunya=Brahman
    Shunya=Oblivion

Om Namah Shivaya

lol So lets get this straight. Once and for all. No arguing. I am Brahman. You are Brahman. Brahman is penniless. Therefore you and I are penniless.

Aum Namasivaya

So. Penniless one is the true Brahman and not you or I. Penniless is full of pennies.

Atanu, I'm just too old and confused for all this. I have enough trouble remembering what day it is let alone going on in Brahman this or not that sense non sense rich not poor dualistic monism theism debate. I just want to pet the dog instead, please.

Aum Shanthi

Atanu, I'm just too old and confused for all this. I have enough trouble remembering what day it is let alone going on in Brahman this or not that sense non sense rich not poor dualistic monism theism debate. I just want to pet the dog instead, please.

Aum Shanthi
    Namaste EM,

Old or wise? Since, the wise alone puts to practice the dictum: Words come back from Him, Mind comes back from Him.

It is said that Navaratri is good time to pet the Lion.

Om Shanti

Thread Information