Thread: Hope Help and Miracles

Hope Help and Miracles

I was watching the 700 Club today (A Christian show for those who don't know)
    They were talking about how they were feeding the starving children of India and that miracles were occuring from things like how Jesus fed 5000 on only a little bit of fish and bread to raising the dead. I dont know the authenticity of such reports but I wonder.. Do Hindus have similar reports?

Re: Hope Help and Miracles

Tirisilex: The Christians have been making such claims since well before the time of snake oil salesmen. Usually a rationalist or good investigative reporter can disprove such claims in a short time. In Canada, our documentary investigative team called the 5the estate did an expose show on one Benny Hinn. It demonstrated all his deceitful tactics, and showed the disappointment of many who went to a meeting expecting miraculous cures.

As for Hindus, here is one story told to me regarding Lord Murugan at Palani.

It seems the man was working in Dubai but was laid off. He returned to Madurai to be with his family. Slowly over time the job situation was looking quite desperate. Having little money, the family still decided to bus to Palani for their daughter's traditional head shaving samskara (rite). This was the focus. Nothing else. But while in the darshan line, the man decided he might as well pray for a job as well. Still not the primary focus, but he's thinking, "Hey, I'm here, might as well."

Not being able to afford accommodation for the night, they boarded the bus for Madurai. Within 10 minutes, his cell phone rang, not once, not twice, but thrice. All were job offers. Now this family for now is a member of our community here in Canada, as one of the offers was from here. Take it as you will.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information