Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bghavad Gita gainst Race-Mixing?

Bghavad Gita gainst Race-Mixing?

"With the preponderance of vice, Krsna, the women of the family become corrupt; and with the corruption of women, O descendent of Vrsni, there ensures an intermixture of castes. Bhagwad Geeta goes on: Adnixture of blood damns the destroyers of the race as well as the race itself. Texts 41-4"
    http://indoaryantoday.tripod.com/

The site seems to be racist, is the Gita translated here correctly?
    "[I]O Indra, lead us on the path of Rta, on the right path over all evils[/I]."
    [SIZE=1]--RV 10.133.6[/SIZE]

[B]When i look into the mirror i see india, the land of aryans, the craddle of civilization, the mother of all religions.[/B]

Re: Bghavad Gita gainst Race-Mixing?

It is clearly a racist site, probably set up to create bad feeling between people.

Perhaps worth bearing the following in mind:
    Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man’s sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true. Martin Luther King.
    Much truth in that.

Namaste

Namaste!

Quote Originally Posted by srivijaya View Post
    It is clearly a racist site, probably set up to create bad feeling between people.

Perhaps worth bearing the following in mind:

Much truth in that.

Namaste
    Yes its racist i wondered if it was set up by indians and checked out the "about us" seems as if it was set up by white americans. Do you know something about the text? Is it translated correctly?
    "[I]O Indra, lead us on the path of Rta, on the right path over all evils[/I]."
    [SIZE=1]--RV 10.133.6[/SIZE]

[B]When i look into the mirror i see india, the land of aryans, the craddle of civilization, the mother of all religions.[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Indra View Post
    i wondered if it was set up by indians and checked out the "about us" seems as if it was set up by white americans.
    Hi Indra,
    I also didn't think it was Indian. There's a good deal of nonsense there which I'm sure most Indians would not take seriously. Like you, my guess is it's been put together by western racists.

Do you know something about the text? Is it translated correctly
    That I don't know but I'm certain other contributors would.

Namaste

Firstly it is not Sri Krishna who said the verse 1:41

It is Arjuna's opinion which was neither supported nor disapproved of.

Now, the actual verse:
    The verse is not talking about Marriage but women being subjected to Immorality:
    (1.41)
    And when immorality prevails, O Krishna, the women of the family
    become corrupted; when women are corrupted, social(varna) problems arise.

Quote Originally Posted by Indra View Post
    "With the preponderance of vice, Krsna, the women of the family become corrupt; and with the corruption of women, O descendent of Vrsni, there ensures an intermixture of castes. Bhagwad Geeta goes on: Adnixture of blood damns the destroyers of the race as well as the race itself. Texts 41-4"
    http://indoaryantoday.tripod.com/

The site seems to be racist, is the Gita translated here correctly?
    You mean Single , not ready to Mingle , for right hindu scripture study change your angle , This is India and not the Jungle....right .

No this translation is wrong. I have read these lines and there has been no such thing written about inter-mixing of castes. It is the site on invention. They have actually taken up A.C Bhaktivedatanta's Bhagvad and added their own stuff to it.

The lines actually talk about unplanned children being born not intermixing of castes.

i am not a sanskrit scholar, but I have a friend who is. So here goes...according to him, "varna sankara" literally does mean "the mixing of varnas" Why it leads society to ruin, as Arjuna seemed to think? Well, consider a marriage where the wife is a saintly brahmana, who wants to have intercourse only to produce children, and the husband has physical needs that are not so brahminical. You have the terrible situation of a woman being forced into sex by her husband, or at the very least being in a moral dilemma, compromised between her dharmic duty to please him and her varnic requirement to engage in sex only to produce children.... On the other hand, my reading of the Mahabharata has led me to believe that mixing was allowed if the woman was of a lesser varna- a ksatriya woman could have a brahmana husband, but not vice versa. The idea is that since varna is organized according to quality (guna) of the individual, not birth as some think, the higher the varna one was in, the greater the level of natural renunciation, manifest by the absence of lust. The best situation was that those in the same varna intermarry, but if there was to be mixing, a woman of a higher varna should never do so with a man of a lower varna. Men are stronger physically than women, and to subject a peaceful woman to one's lust is deplorable. Varna sankara cannot mean the mixing of different bloods in a genetic sense, as varna has nothing to do with the gentics of birth- only the psycho-physical qualities of the individual (guna-karma), regardless of birth.

Namaste Vasudeva ji,

Welcome to the forum !

Thanks for your inputs. I would only like to add here that those verses are from Arjuna & not Lord Krishna. What Lord Krishna says is only to be followed & what Arjuna says has to be considered on merit.

Lord Krishna in 18.41 to 18.44 of Bhagwad Gita makes it clear what should be the natural Guna & Karma of Brahmana, Kshatriya, Vaishya & ShUdra. Our Prataksha Pramana proves that these qualities don't automatically come to an individual by being born in a caste (kula which is by birth in a certain family). Varna of a person is independent of caste of a person. So, to identify who is of what Varna, we must match these qualities with the individual's. And when we see these verses in this correct perspective, it becomes clear why people should engage in action in line with their varnas. And then Arjuna's saying in Chapter 1 also becomes meaningful that marriage should preferably be within one varna.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Namaste,

I'm afraid Krishna's message to Arjuna has fallen on deaf ears in recent times around the world, even in India!

Caste-purity must be maintained but the importance of that is seen only by a very few and others who don't immediately jump to criticize those who do.

Namaskar.

Thread Information