Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kundalini in Yoga

Re: Kundalini in Yoga

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    I'm sorry you misunderstood, but to me chastity is loyalty within a marriage. It means that sexuality only occurs between married partners, and for other reasons besides to conceive. It is also used as a bonding element of love for the good of the family. Pleasure, in other words. It keeps the family united and happier. This is not to say that married couples should 'breed like rabbits' for lack of another term. There should also be self control. I know some sampradayas say sex should only be for procreation purposes, (ISKCON, I believe) . But that is not what I believe. I think its plain unrealistic, and leads to other problems when the devotee doesn't except their own limitations. ("If he/she doesn't get it at home, they'll just go elsewhere") comes to mind. At this level to deny that you have an instinctive mind is somewhat peposterous. Perhaps for a few high souls, yes, but for the average person its a lie that leads to other problems. Sex or the lack of it can cause so many problems.
    Om Shanti,
    I am not sure what you mean by that I misunderstood and then you said 'but'--as if I had not misunderstood: a colon would have sounded more clear there. Chastity as loyalty sounds reasonable and familiar, though it is not the first definition in OED.

Indeed the Middle Way is best, but this is a thread about Yoga. If two Yogins married and were devoted enough to liberation they would probably restrain themselves--unless they tried certain Tantra as part restraint (as opposed to complete indulgence) or part spiritual practice.

I see there is a much more in-depth Kundalini thread in a forum section that includes Tantra discussions. It would be interesting to discuss without too much of a viewpoint or with all the viewpoints. I have suggested some more forum sections but I do not know where else would be good to discuss Kundalini... maybe the Paradvaita section, though I am not quite sure what that is: I suspect it is relativist advaita but if so I hope not too relativist.

Namaste

To add to this already fascinating discussion, I should like to say that I find Prana to be more visible whilst I am chaste, however much is to be learnt of its nature through sexual intercourse if it is loving.
    Any reference to chastity regarding kundalini is in my mind a reference to restraint. As kundalini awakens the outwardly apparent energy can be attractive it may raise the energy in others, restraint is required not to abuse this. Restraint is required so as not to be overwhelmed by either the ego or Maya.

Yoga is the science of joining, conciousness is one; by this we are all related by this we are all joined.

Om Shakti

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    I just wonder what sort of lifestyle you have to have when you attain spiritual consciousness.
    The lifestyle of such revolves around forgiveness and compassionate acts.

Thread Information