Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Concept of God according to the scriptures

Concept of God according to the scriptures

Guidance be upon all...

Asking a common hindu about how many gods he has, the answer will be 5 or 10 or even 1 million. Asking a learned hindu who has studied the scriptures the same question, the answer will be only One God. Why?
    Because:

*Chandogya upanishad 6:2:1
    "Ikkam ividityam" "God is only One"

*Shvetashvatara upanishad 6:9
    "of Him there are no parents"

*Quran 112:1
    "Say: He is God One and Only"

*Shvetashvatara u. 4:19
    "His form cannot be seen"

*Bhagwad Gita 7:20
    "materialistic people have been stolen by material desires, they worship fake gods besides the One True God"

*Quran 112:1-4
    "Say. He is Allah One and Only. Allah the Absolute and Eternal. He begets not nor is He begotten. And there is nothing like Him"

*Yajurved 32:3
    "of Him there are no images, He is Unborn , He alone should be worshipped"

*Yajurved 40:8-9
    "Almighty God is imageless and pure. They are entering darkness those who worship the natural things(fire, trees, water, sun, moon etc) and they are entering more in darkness those who worship the created things(statues, idols, chair, table etc)"

*Atharvaved 20:50/58:3
    "verily great is Almighty God"

*Rigved 1:164:46 , 10:114:5
    "Truth is One. God is One. Sages call Him by various names"

*Rigved 8:1:1
    "do not worship anyone except the One God"

*Rigved 6:45:16
    "praise Him alone the One True God"

Brahama Sutra of the Vedanta is
    "Bhagwan ek hi he, dousra nahi he, nahi he, nahi he, zara bhi nahi he"
    "There is only One God, not a second, not at all, not at all, not in the least bit"

*Quran 112
    "Say: He is Allah One and Only. Allah, the Absolute and Eternal. He begets not, nor is He begotten. And there is nothing like Him"

Arabic name "Allah" appears in Rigved 2:30:10 , 9:67:30
    To be noted that Rigved is the most sacred book of hinduism.

Last edited by satay; 26 October 2009 at 01:50 PM.

Re: Concept of God according to the scriptures

Allah is also the same being that Ordered Muhammad to take a 6 year old bride which he consumated with her at her young age of 9. The same deity that called for mass slaughter of the Jewish tribe which would amount to a mass slaughter and mass grave in todays language. The same Deity that ordered to kill disbelievers and spread Islamic expansion through force. This same Deity only allows jews and christians to be accepted in an islamic state while hindus either must convert or be killed.

As long as the muslim teach duality of us against them and good vs evil there will be no happiness.

OM NAMAH SIVAYA

RESPONSE

First of all, you have not been able to refute. And secondly you are criticizing without any knowledge.

A research shows that the wife of the Prophet was not 6 or 9 when she got married.

About accepting only Jews and Christians, you are wrong. We respect all creeds. But at the same time, we say what the Quran says:

"innaddeena 'indallaahi Islam"
    "The only religion accepted by Allah is Islam"

Peace
    Last edited by satay; 26 October 2009 at 01:51 PM.

Namaste Riyaaz,

This & other similar topics have been discussed ad nauseam here on this forum. Please read already existing thread in Islam forum & clear your doubts.

Please do read this :

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...?t=2620&page=3

If you are ready to answer those questions & others too which will follow, please tell me.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

sorry but i dnt read other topics to get my answer. if u hav any questions..post it here. im ready to reply wenever i wil b online next time

Riyaaz I was muslim for 7 years. I have an entire library of Islamic books. You trying to hide the fact that Aisha was 6 when they got married and 9 when they consumated is really profound ignorance and a blind apologetic cover up.

There is nothing to refute in your article. Its just like a christian coming on the forum and stating that Jesus is found in the vedas and other such silly claims.

Next time, before you post something, just check whether you have proofs or not. I'l not reply allegations along with which no proofs have been provided.
    Alright you asked for it.

Narrated Aisha:
    The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became all right, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age. (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234)

Sahih Bukhari is the most authentic collection of hadith.

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house at the age of nine. She further said: We went to Medina and I had an attack of fever for a month, and my hair had come down to the earlobes. Umm Ruman (my mother) came to me and I was at that time on a swing along with my playmates. She called me loudly and I went to her and I did not know what she had wanted of me. She took hold of my hand and took me to the door, and I was saying: Ha, ha (as if I was gasping), until the agitation of my heart was over. She took me to a house, where had gathered the women of the Ansar. They all blessed me and wished me good luck and said: May you have share in good. She (my mother) entrusted me to them. They washed my head and embellished me and nothing frightened me. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came there in the morning, and I was entrusted to him. (Sahih Muslim, Book 008, Number 3309; see also 3310)

The poor girl was still playing with other children when she got married. This is Sahih Muslim the second most authentic work. You cannot argue against these clear facts unless you want to oppose the huge body of Ulama (islamic scholars) of the past and present.

Narrated Hisham's father:
    Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married 'Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consumed that marriage when she was nine years old. (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 236)

With all due respect Riyaaz you come without knowledge whatsoever. I have studied plenty on this subject and others. I was a very hardcore muslim. I still have my library of Islamic books. I am willing to pull out any book to provide you with the proof you demand. I suggest you stop trolling the forums and come with an open mind and open heart and stop trying to win a convert to Islam by posting silly articles that have absolutely no barring in reality.

OM NAMAH SIVAYA

Heres a response from a muslim who is not afraid to admit aisha was 9 when they consumated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz0WIXcRC9s

Please when you speak of Islam or Hinduism make sure you understand what your talking about. Its important less we wish to confuse others.

Namaste,

As far as the Oneness of God in hinduism then this is clearly accepted. However in Sanatana Dharma it goes beyond Monotheism. So it transcends the monotheism of the jewish, christian, and islamic faiths. This is because there is only one reality, Ultimate Reality. We are manifested out of Siva, out of Life itself and dissolve back into Him. Everything is One with Original Cause, Siva and us are not separate. This is the web of life the interconnects us all. Since Siva is everything that means there is on reality, there is no duality. So when it comes to the other deities such as Lord Muruga and Lord Ganesha they are one with Siva. So there is no Duality even though they are quite distinct they are one. So yes one can say there is only One God In Hinduism. But it depends on who your talking to and what your describing.

OM NAMAH SIVAYA

RESPONSE

So you brought Hadith about my mother Aisha(may Allah be pleased with her) ? Alright.

Firstly, you don't prove the authenticity of the mentioned ahaadeeth. Do you know that, according to the laws of classification of hadith, if there is atleast one weak narrator, that hadith becomes unauthentic?
    You didnt prove the authenticity.
    Alright, no problem. For a moment, lets agree that they are all authentic.
    who understands the hadith better? The Muhadditheen or us?? The answer is the muhadditheen. Before mentioning those hadith, did you try to know the comments of the muhadditheen about those hadith? No. If you would have done so, you would not mention the hadith.

For a moment, lets agree that my mother married in the age of 6 and the Prophet approached her when she was 9, when she got her first mense.
    The usual allegation about this issue is that the Prophet was pedophilic.
    This is wrong,because a pedophile is someone who has sex with children, who have not reached the age of puberty. My mother had already reached the age of puberty when my Prophet approached her. Thus, that pedophilia allegation stands baseless.
    Moreover, it is proved by scientists that some girls can reach the age of puberty even at the age of 8. Do you know that? And that, having sex with them, brings them no medical troubles. Whereas, having sex with someone under that age will cause her major sexual problems. This is not the case concerning the Prophet of Islam. He approached his wife when she had reached puberty. This is an irrefutable arguement, supported by science.
    Lets get logical now.
    We find no evidence that the Prophet was pedo , from the records of his whole life. The objection is only about my mother Aisha(may Allah be pleased with her) which has already been refuted.
    The Prophet married my mother Khadija(may Allah be pleased with her) who was 15years older than the Prophet. Is this the nature of pedophils?? How judge ye?
    If the Prophet was really a pedo, why he didn't marry more children?? Why there are no records about he had sex with children?? The answer is clear.
    As known, the unbelievers used to trouble the Prophet many times, leaving no opportunity to mock at him. If the Prophet was a pedo, why those unbelievers didn't mock at him concerning this issue?? Is it now, after 1400years of the Prophet's departure, that some ignorants will come and criticize about this?? Where is logic?? The answer is clear.
    You were muslim for 7 years. What do i have to do with that??

Quran: "When Truth is heard against falsehood, falsehood perishes, for falsehood is bound to its nature to perish"

Pranam Riyaaz

Quote Originally Posted by riyaaz View Post
    Guidance be upon all...
    Arabic name "Allah" appears in Rigved 2:30:10 , 9:67:30
    To be noted that Rigved is the most sacred book of hinduism.
    Not comfortable in your own Quaran now you have to rely on Vedas to confirm his existence.

Do you have faith in Vedas and accept its infallibility, as un authored and aprushya?
    A simple yes or no please, cause I can tell you I have none what so ever faith in quaran.

You have come here to prove to us that we are wrong in our worship that we should not be worshiping any image or we should worship Alaha, with your few chosen verses from Vedas.
    Now tell me who should I believe?
    Those great personalities like Shankracharya, Madhvacharya, Ramanuacharya, Chatnaya MahaPrabhu, Tulsidas Goswami to name but a few. These are stalwarts they new Sanskrit inside out would they be foolish enough to recommend temple worship with image?

Or do I believe in you who probably knows no Sanskrit, bringing those half baked translation, has no meaningful insight in to the subject matters which requires years of Tapsya to understand.

You lot wish fellow believers peace be upon you, but you guys are anything but peaceful.
    Islam is at war with the world and also within, killing people in the name of Alaha, suicide bombs for the promise of paradise in the company of virgins if this is your idea of religion, no thank you.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Thread Information