Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can soul ever return to samsara after getting moksha.

Re: Can soul ever return to samsara after getting moksha.

Also, regarding the Sun and Moon metaphors - yes they are found all over the Hindu scriptures.

Some shlokas use them for Ida-PingLA , and I think they are also used to represent mind(moon) and AtmA (Sun) perfectly.

However BG15.6 is clearly using them to demonstrate the enlightened state (light) versus ignorance (darkness) - as indicated in my first post. The enlightened state does not require illumination from a 3rd source of light such as Sun, Moon or Fire because in this state, in that dhAm (tad dhAm), the Being is Self-Illuminated/illuminating as there is complete absence of darkness i.e. ignorance - avidyA.

BhagavAn is implying that this place is Self-illuminating. There is no trace of darkness (avidyA) there. If there is no trace of avidyA , no desires, no specifically local-egoistic endeavours, no attempt to serve the ego, then there is no need to come back from that state.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Re: Can soul ever return to samsara after getting moksha.

Namaste,
    Speaking of Sun and Moon, a great reference is the Uddhav Geeta - which happens to be a section of Shrimad BhAgvat purAN Canto 11 (Chap 5 onwards)
    which is a conversation between Shri KRshNa and Uddhav, where KRshNa spills pearls of Truth.

KRshNa says Moon-Sun represent the pitruyana and devayana marga thru' the IdA-PingaLA , the left and right nADis
    (referenced in post above) , while sushumna goes thru' the centre to Bramharandra at the top of the skull.
    Last edited by ameyAtmA; 23 January 2021 at 04:18 PM.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Thread Information