Thread: Aham Brahmasmi

Threaded View

Re: Aham Brahmasmi

Quote Originally Posted by kd gupta View Post
    As Atanuji , hints...for translation , God alone is real . I find this in line as....Dwau suparna sakhayau...yaj.
    Namaste Guptaji,

It goes further. To see and know the 'Dwau suparna sakhayau', a Seer is required. Brahman is not the object. It is the subject under all states and beyond states. If one truly surrenders and follows up the teaching of Shri Krishna, one joins the Seer.

“Noble indeed are all these; but I deem the wise man as My very Self; for, steadfast in mind, he is established in Me alone as the supreme goal”—VII.18.

Good is ego less Dvaita worship but not so ego worship, since such worshippers make Brahman into an object, which is actually ignorance (edited from original pApa), especially after being told by Lord repeatedly that Brahman is the sole Seer, Knower, Doer. Worshipping Ganga with Ganga water is good but it may not be good to feel superior to one who says "mA, how can i offer to you that which is yours to begin with?"

I hope that you will agree to some extent at least.

Om Namah Shivaya
    Last edited by atanu; 20 November 2009 at 11:41 AM.
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Thread Information