Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Being - Entering Creation

Re: Being - Entering Creation

Yes, I agree.... ~dust~ was offered as an example . Perhaps better examples are in order.
    Who offered the example?.The bible didnt say it offered dust as an example of earth.

Yet that said, ~dust ~ is within the context of the post, comparing contrasting Adam and Eve through the eyes of sanātana dharma.

praṇām

Eyes of Sanatana dharma are not blurred.There are some vedantins who dug themselfes in to confusion and revel in that confusion.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by proudhindu View Post
    Who offered the example?.The bible didnt say it offered dust as an example of earth.

Eyes of Sanatana dharma are not blurred.There are some vedantins who dug themselfes in to confusion and revel in that confusion.
    This is the reference - I see it as an 'example'. Perhaps you see it otherwise, and that is fine. Thus is part of my post I was offering to compare and contrast - if you find angst with it, that is okay, yet it is not my intent.

Viewing Genesis 2 , Old Testament;
    My offer is a different view on Adam and Eve, other then the conventional one people discuss. That is, how it can be viewed through the eyes of sanātana dharma wisdom. I think there is a deeper story to offer.

The Lord formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being. Then the Lord made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

That is, The Lord formed the man from the dust of the ground, is from Genesis 2.7.

you mention
    Eyes of Sanatana dharma are not blurred.There are some vedantins who dug themselfes in to confusion and revel in that confusion
    Please feel free to explain if you wish.

praṇām
    Last edited by yajvan; 04 March 2010 at 07:43 PM.
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~
    namasté
    Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post

He (puruṣa) ~created~ ; the word used in the śloka is asṛjata. Recall sṛj is to to emit , let go, pour forth , shed , cause to flow ; jāta is born , brought into existence ( as ja is birth, produced or caused by ) . But what of this a that starts the word asṛjata? With investigation we must take is as 'as' which is defined as to take place, to happen, to turn out. Then this word overall is quite fitting as I see it. Asṛjata is then the emission (sṛj ) brought into existence ( jāta ) that took place (as). And what was emitted? Here is the 16 kalā-s brought forth:

• prāṇa; from prāṇa came -->
      • śrāddha defined as faith or true, loyal
      • kha or vacuity , empty space , air , ether , sky ; another name for ākāśa
      • vāyu or air, gas, wind - some say vital air
      • jyotis or fire, some perfer light as the specific name
      • āpas or water; some say āpa - this is from āp to occupy, pervade as does water it spreads and pervades
      • pṛthvī - we know as earth, solid
      • indriya - the sense organs; this could include both the organs of perception and the organs of action
      • manas - mind . It is my assessment this means mind, intellect and ego facilities
      • and anna - food
    Is there any opinions why śrāddha appears and is so early on the list?

praṇām
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    if you find angst with it, that is okay, yet it is not my intent.
    No, i dont find angst but i find it strange and offensive that biblical passages are posted in the section "For advanced concepts of Sanatana Dharma".

I never knew christianity is a part of Sanatana dharma.

The Lord formed the man from the dust of the ground, Please feel free to explain if you wish.
    Explain what?.The biblical writers saw Dust on earth.They never knew k.advaita vedanta to equate dust to earth.

I think i saw your posts finding some sort of Advaita vedanta in bible.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Quote Originally Posted by proudhindu View Post

No, i dont find angst but i find it strange and offensive that biblical passages are posted in the section "For advanced concepts of Sanatana Dharma".

I never knew christianity is a part of Sanatana dharma.
    If you find it strange that is okay, yet it suggests to me perhaps you have missed the point of the posts. Post 1 sets the stage.
    It is placed in uttara folder because of its notion that lines of demarcation of what Truth is can be recognized in different places and may shift, depending on ones point of reference. I am looking to the simularities of that reference point. That is, the advanced notion of holding different views in one's mind to consider them and ponder them, to compare and contrast... this is the advanced part.

But why do this... simple. The bhadarayaka upaniad¹ tells us the following: Any time there is a sense of 2, fear arises i.e. dvitiyad vai bhayam bhavati - Fear is born of duality. That is, to find similarities, to rid one ( me) of duality that is not indeed adding value.

We think differently - that is fine. I find no offense being offered or intented in these posts. You think other wise. I can only tell you of my intent and leave it to you to think as you see fit.

praṇām

references
    • Bṛhadaraṇyaka Upaniṣad - Puruṣavidha-Brāhmaṇa, 2nd śloka.
      • dvitiyad or dvitia द्वित- 2nd or two
      • bhayam or bhaya भय- fear , alarm dread apprehension
        ( rooted in bhī to fear for , be anxious about )
      • vai an emphasis and affirmation , generally placed after a word and laying stress on it (it is usually translatable by 'indeed' , 'truly' , 'certainly'
      • bhavati or bhava भवarising or produced from , being in
    Last edited by yajvan; 05 March 2010 at 06:59 PM.
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

Thread Information