Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: homosexuality

Re: homosexuality

Namaskar blessed members,

Interesting topic indeed. In my humble opinion, whatever sexual orientation or sexual preferences one has now in this birth is due to past karmas and latent impressions of the past.

God is epitome of compassion, saying that, whatever one may be, God will be always be loving towards His devotees.

Homosexuals have to tune into God, seeks solace in Him. One must remember, even a greatest sinner in the world can turn into a better person, by the grace of God. So, use this birth to seek God. He will never abandon anyone.

I would like to add something for the heterosexuals. Live and let live. You may or may not approve homosexual culture, you are entitled to your own opinion, but do accept homosexuals as part of the society. Many times homosexuals are abused, ridiculed, bashed, boycotted, hurt and been entitled to many unpleasant things.

People tend to forget, the same God resides in them. We do not know what is it like to be in their shoes. Have tolerance. I am sure, god has plans for anyone. So accept them as part of society, that's my humble request.
    Last edited by kshama; 04 December 2009 at 10:16 AM.

I do believe that we are children/students of God, with no exceptions. I have to admit that when I saw two men kissing it made me uncomfortable, but i should not let my personal feelings cloud my judgement. Homosexuality is not wrong, they are just born that way.

It encourages me to see all these positive comments about Gays and Homosexuality and yet i am disappointed that Indian laws are geared against gays. These laws came from British times, I guess we still maintain a second-class mentality, still afraid to strike out on our own.

Don't understand why Sunday should be a holiday - that's not according to Hinduism, it should be Tuesday? Or why are we saying that this is the year 2009, that only if we take the christian calender. Why don't we Hindus use our own?

"In my humble opinion, whatever sexual orientation or sexual preferences one has now in this birth is due to past karmas and latent impressions of the past"

Hinduism is a Teacher faith, God our Guru on our path to Moksha. Each life is an opportunity for us to sit in God's classroom and learn. As the saying goes - walk in someone else's shoes before you judge someone - did i get the saying right?

Only by being born as a Dog will be learn to love unconditionally. Only by being born as a bird will we learn the joys of flight.

Those who hate gays may be born as a gay person in the next life, then maybe they get a different perspective on this issue.

Namaste! I love how you expressed this.

Love,
    Heartfull

Quote Originally Posted by RamaRaksha View Post
    "In my humble opinion, whatever sexual orientation or sexual preferences one has now in this birth is due to past karmas and latent impressions of the past"

Hinduism is a Teacher faith, God our Guru on our path to Moksha. Each life is an opportunity for us to sit in God's classroom and learn. As the saying goes - walk in someone else's shoes before you judge someone - did i get the saying right?

Only by being born as a Dog will be learn to love unconditionally. Only by being born as a bird will we learn the joys of flight.

Those who hate gays may be born as a gay person in the next life, then maybe they get a different perspective on this issue.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

Namasté RamaRaksha,

"Only by being born as a Dog will be learn to love unconditionally. Only by being born as a bird will we learn the joys of flight.

If I may, let me ask a few questions. In your opinion who is having the experience ? If in the last life one is born as a dog, then in this life does not recall any of those experiences, how is the value derived from that experience? How does the learning occur without recall?

Do you have ( or others) have a POV on this matter?

praām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Pranam

No a saying does not make it right, a judge does not walk in someone's shoes to give judgment, it is based on facts presented.

pure speculation.

To live and let live is the motto, I may personally abhor the idea that does not mean I hate the guy.

And because of my stance I have to become guy in some future life to understand it, just make no sense, it is injustice to say the least and there is nothing but justice is his court.

We may as well say because of ahimsa I hate eating meat and just to appreciate that I may become a tiger, that is not how karma works, you are simply speculating there is no bases in your may be.

Our birth is largely dictated by our desires and our karma would reflect that.

A dog is an obedient creature, Lord Datatraya took that as one of his Guru, one does not have to be a dog to learn that, and to call it a selfless love would not be my idea either,
    for me no one can come close to a mother who is an embodiment of unconditional love

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Sagotrite and Salingiye matchmaking is prohibited in manu smriti.

Sagotriye means in same family name, Salingiye means in same gender. So in hinduism its not allowed according to manu smriti.
    एको ब्रहम द्वितियो नास्ति
    ये तू सर्वाणि कर्माणि मयी सन्नस्य मत्परः अनान्यनैव योगेन माँ ध्यायंत उपासते
    तेशाम्हेम समुध्हर्था मृत्युसंसार सागरात भवामि नचिरातपार्थ मैय्या वेषित चेतसाम

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

Namast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaan View Post
    Sagotrite and Salingiye matchmaking is prohibited in manu smriti.
    Sagotriye means in same family name, Salingiye means in same gender. So in hinduism its not allowed according to manu smriti.
    shaan brings us two words that are interesting to look at:

• salingiye = saliṅga
    • sagotriye = sagotra
    Note both contain 'sa' ; sa is connected with 'sam' which has many meanings. Yet when compounded with nouns it may be translated as
    • having the same
    • together or along with
    • having , possessing, containing
    The next word is liṅga - meaning 'mark' or 'sign', also means 'the sign of gender or sex' Hence we get sa+liṅga or having the same gender of sex.

And gotra is defined as a 'family enclosed by the hurdle', family , race , lineage . So sa+gotra is of the same family

praṇām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Homosexuality is an unnatural disease of the mind. Psychopaths are not condoned and given equal rights. If someone has some problem in their mind do we condone it and say it is done to Karma don't worry let him be messed up. If someone is dying in front of you would you use this argument?

gays are Rogi's they need help to be cured of this unnaturalism. But when a society begins to condone certain diseases and makes them acceptable in society then that society is on the way to destruction.

Vannakkam Amra: You are welcome to your view but you must know by now that view is disappearing fast, as stated on here, and by many experts on genes, sexuality, psychology etc. In America, gay teen suicide outnumbers hetero teen suicide 8 to 1. I always wonder what I would have done if any of my children would have been gay.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information