Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: homosexuality

Re: homosexuality

Namaste

I have noticed that good family men and women have many activities, inclusive of religious activities as well as directing hobbies such as painting or study of nature or sewing clothes (including attire for home murtis and altars) etc towards religious devotions, they live an entire life surrounding themselves with the world but not becoming addicted to singular vices.

Then there are those who overplay sex, I have noticed it is a vice and seems surely to led to downfall. This is true for all, but it seems to be a particular problem for those who want to over glorify their identity on the physical level.

Let me give an example of what I mean.

I have many homes and home away homes, one is San Francisco. It is today known as a center for homosexual activism.

I know and have known many, many Hindus from every sect, all parts of the world. There was an ISKCON member I knew who was advanced and liked by many.

Upon his returning from a world tour for ISKCON, I was asked to go pick him up at the San Francisco airport. I was happy to do so. Little did I know that drive from the airport to the city of S.F. was his death palanquin to the pyre.

He made San Francisco his center for his ISKCON duties. This would be his death. Keep in mind, he was not originally an American. At that time, homosexual activism was just starting, it was before AIDS was known. Homosexuals were making a very public scene of things, frankly they would glorify their physical nature, and vice was rampant. This ISKCON notable fell down, surrounded by vice, at that time as I said AIDS was not known and when it arrived it was first called "KS(I?)" (cannot recall what this stood for, the KS was for Karposi's Sarcoma and I think I for immunodeficiency but the term HIV wasn't yet known). This person fell away from ISKCON, and got entrapped into this self-glorification of gay acts, which also included drug use.

At that time something called "poppers" (some use of a drug that gays were using) became popular, and early in the introduction of HIV there were medics and scientists who linked the use of poppers and the AIDS virus to the very ugly skin sores that suddenly appeared among the active gay population in S.F., that this use of the drug caused a very strong surfacing of the initial infection with the virus. It is rather hushed up today, but suddenly you would see men in S.F. with these bloody like cancerous looking sores all over their arms, neck and so on. It was startling to see, even scary, sort of like encountering lepers from the past. Then they started to die in numbers, a drop in T counts in the blood and what is today called the HIV virus became known.

This initial breakout of these bloody sores among gays is today forgotten. This rather scary condition for some reason subsided, probably because gays themselves saw a connection between the drug use and those who broke out severily with the sores and became afraid of using this drug, but not AIDS.

This former ISKCON notable became infected but did not know. It was his lust, physical lust, combined with drug use which is also a lust and vice, that sealed his doom.

He returned to ISKCON, but he did not know that his fate was now sealed. It was in India that he learned he had HIV after the government there did some random testing. He died later as his body deteriorated.

Now, one can say such lust is regardless of orientation, we see married men who lust and have vice, and spell their doom which is not always death but always takes one to psychological doom, never happiness, spiritual decay and then fear of the world and living in a little prison of lust, they put themselves in a prison even if there are no steel bars.

Do not glorify your physical lusts. If that is your agenda, then you will go to a terrible place. Do not glorify those things. You will not live fuller in the world, you will make your world smaller, and then very small, very repetitive, then a prisoner of a lesser world.

There must be children. So it will be, men and women, the next generation will come. Control yourself beyond that. It isn't hard to do actually, you will be surprised, and you will have more time for the entire world. I am not condeming, I am just observing the folly of it all.

IMHO.

Om Namah Sivaya

Namaste,

A proposal:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4HpWQmEXrM

Pranam.
    Last edited by Believer; 14 September 2013 at 12:43 PM.

Namaste

Homosexuality was discussed a lot in another thread, Marriage Equality and Hinduism: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=11368

Since that thread is closed, here I would like to say something on the subject.
    Some members said that there is no scriptural evidence about homosexuality as adharmic practice. Actually there is, located in Bhāgavatam 3.20.26 (http://vedabase.net/sb/3/20/26/) :

"Lord Brahmā, approaching the Lord, addressed Him thus: My Lord, please protect me from these sinful demons, who were created by me under Your order. They are infuriated by an appetite for sex and have come to attack me."

Purport (by Srila Prabhupada):
    It appears here that the homosexual appetite of males for each other is created in this episode of the creation of the demons by Brahmā. In other words, the homosexual appetite of a man for another man is demoniac and is not for any sane male in the ordinary course of life.

This view is further strengthened through the arguments given by the other members. Their argument was that sexual intercourse is allowed only in marriage in a regulated manner. And marriage is according to the scriptures, obviously, possible only between a man and a woman. So there is no way to justify homosexuality as part of dharma.

regards

Well if two males had an appetite for sex and were going to attack a women would this situation be any different? Seems to me the problem with the scene described is one of consent not sexual orientation.
    ~ Om Namah Shivaya ~

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Quote Originally Posted by brahma jijnasa View Post
    Namaste
    Since that thread is closed, here I would like to say something on the subject.
    Some members said that there is no scriptural evidence about homosexuality as adharmic practice. Actually there is, located in Bhāgavatam 3.20.26 (http://vedabase.net/sb/3/20/26/) :

"Lord Brahmā, approaching the Lord, addressed Him thus: My Lord, please protect me from these sinful demons, who were created by me under Your order. They are infuriated by an appetite for sex and have come to attack me."

Purport (by Srila Prabhupada):

It appears here that the homosexual appetite of males for each other is created in this episode of the creation of the demons by Brahmā. In other words, the homosexual appetite of a man for another man is demoniac and is not for any sane male in the ordinary course of life.
    This view is further strengthened through the arguments given by the other members. Their argument was that sexual intercourse is allowed only in marriage in a regulated manner. And marriage is according to the scriptures, obviously, possible only between a man and a woman. So there is no way to justify homosexuality as part of dharma.
    regards
    Can you assist ? I do not see the reference , either broad or short to the notion of samaliṅgākāmin¹ within this offer Śrīmad Bhāgavatam 3.20.26:

pāhimāḿ paramātmaḿs te
    preṣaṇenāsṛjaḿ prajāḥ
    imā yabhituḿpāpā
    upākrāmantimāḿprabho ||

That is, I do not see the 'dots' that connect this śloka to homosexuality or the subject thereof. Can you assist ?

iti śivaṁ

words
    • samaliṅgākāmin = sama+liṅgā+kāmin
      • sama - same
      • liṅgā or liṅga - the sign of gender or sex , organ of generation
      • kāmin - desirous , longing after
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaste
    Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    I do not see the 'dots' that connect this śloka to homosexuality or the subject thereof. Can you assist ?
    I think we should look at the context. Already in verse 3.20.23 we see it is said:

"Lord Brahmā then gave birth to the demons from his buttocks, and they were very fond of sex. Because they were too lustful, they approached him for copulation."

We have "demons" mentioned here.
    Then we have "shameless asuras" mentioned in verse 3.20.24 (http://vedabase.net/sb/3/20/24/).
    Is that enough to determine that it is longing after same sex?

regards

Thread Information