Thread: Spiritual Inquiries: 2. The Physical and the Spiritual Atom (Part 2 of 2)

Post Spiritual Inquiries: 2. The Physical and the Spiritual Atom (Part 2 of 2)

So we know the atom, the quark or triad, the Anu (as the UPA) and the ParamAnu. But how did the yogi and the scientist get their information on the atom?

In his book Essentials of Occult Chemistry and Modern Science, H.J. Arnikar explains the methods the scientists and the yogis use in their researches.

The wavelength of violet light is approx. 3 x 10^-7 metres. The size of the smallest particle that the human physical eye can see cannot be less than this size. An atom has a diameter of 10^-10 meters, a thousand times smaller.

So how did man learn so much about the invisible atom? The scientist and the yogi follows two diverse paths.

In our discussions below, we use the term atom for the atom of Science, triad or quark for the first level subatomic particle, Anu (UPA - Ultimate Physical Atom) for the last-level subatomic particle, and, finally, ParamAnu or bubble for the ultimate particle of all planes.

The Methods of Science

The scientist learns about the atom by virtually torturing it.

Even with the most powerful electron microscope, the atom appears as just a speck of light when projected on a screen. So the scientist pushes it into a highly excited state. By white heat, blinding light, with super-high electric fields.

The application of a massive external force makes the atom run about at fantastic speeds. The intense magnetic fields generated force the atom into highly twisted curved paths, spinning and revolving in abnormal ways. And then the scientist lets the atom cool down, and come back to its ground state. Like a captive undergoing the third degree torture, the atom spills its beans. And the scientist learns.

The Methods of Occultists

The yogi and the occultist object to doing violence to the atom, because they know that the divine life force inheres in it.

They argue that the information obtained from an atom in a violently excited state may not be valid for the atoms in the normal, tranquil ground state.

Therefore a yogi (we also include an occultist in this term) uses the yoga techniques of Patanjali, arduously practiced by him/her under the guidance of a Guru over long periods.

The blessings of the Guru grant the yogi the siddhis. Anima siddhi in particular. What is this anima siddhi?

The anima siddhi is the psychic ability to reduce human consciousness as small as the human chooses. When the yogi who has this power diminishes himself in consciousness to a size to match the atom, the atom becomes visible to him!

The yogi then sees the world inside the atom. In all its detail, beauty and glory. And he studies the atom for whatever he needs.

Westerners had some misconceptions about the anima siddhi. They found the idea to reduce oneself (in consciousness) to a small size impossible to imagine, so they thought that the anima siddhi magnified the atom to the desired level.

It is not so. A yogi who can use the anima siddhi, diminishes, not his body, but his consciousness to the level desired. In the case of an atom, both the yogi and the atom retain their sizes.

And the yogi can enter into and out of the anima state at will. Even when in the anima state, the yogi retains his normal physical faculties. This means that from the anima state he can talk normally and discuss his findings with the people around!

The Atom Model of the Occultists

Annie Besant and Leadbeater, using their clairvoyant powers, studied and mapped the atomic structure of practically all the elements known and a number of compounds. Their monumental work titled Occult Chemistry published in 1919, is today used with revived interest by scientists in their investigations into matter inside quarks.

The Hydrogen atom, the simplest of all, with a single proton and a a single electron around it, under the clairvoyant view, reveals a proton in its nucleus containing three triads (quarks), with each triad further having three numbers of the Anu (UPAs).

So the Hydrogen atom has 9 UPAs. The UPAs in other atoms are normally in multiples of 9.

The authors of Occult Chemistry state, "Any gaseous chemical atom may be dissociated into less complicated bodies; these, again, into still less complicated; these, again, into yet still less complicated... After the third dissociation but one more is possible; the fourth dissociation gives the ultimate physical atom."

The actual shape of the Anu (UPA) is roughly spherical, slightly flattened, with a depression at the point where the force or energy flows in, causing a heart-shaped form. The Anu is spinning or pulsating as if it is breathing.

The Anu exists in two forms: a male or positive, from which force comes out and disappears into the fourth-dimensional space; and a female or negative, into which force pours in from the fourth dimension. The male Anu appears as a spring from which water bubbles out, and the female as a hole into which water disappears.

Visit this link for figures of the basic and other shapes of the Anu
    http://www.gutenberg.org/files/16058...-h/16058-h.htm (plate II)

The Anu has two forms: positive (male) and negative (female) Anu. The positive Anu of charge +5/9e and negative Anu of charge -5/9e.

Each Anu (UPA) is composed of ten coils arranged laterally, but without touching one another. Each coil is itself a spiral having 1,680 turns or spirilla. And these spirilla are dotted with bubbles, the ParamAnu. Around 14 million bubbles in an atom of the physical plane.

Each atom is surrounded by a field formed of the atomic particles of the higher planes, which surround and interpenetrate it.

Arrangement of the UPAs (Anu), quarks (triad) and bubbles in coils of spirillae give external shapes to the nucleus of the atoms of different elements. Typical shapes observed are: Dumb-bell, Tetrahedron, Cube, Octahedron, Bars, and Star.

Psychokinesis

Using the will-power to create or change objects is called psychokinesis in modern parapsychoanalysis. Lester Smith in his book Occult Chemistry Re-evaluated states that Bishop Leadbeater used to perform before a circle of friends the feat of changing one substance to another, transmuting it using will-power.

Leadbeater had a dual religious faith: He was a Christian Bishop, but he became a follower of Buddhism during one of his visits to Tibet. The Tibetan masters forbid him against such demonstrations as they were of no value.

Other terms used for the psychic ability to see through matter are clairvoyance, extrasensory perception (ESP) and micropsi.

Scientists Favouring Occult Researches

Some of the top ranking scientists have accepted the essentials of Occult Chemistry and positively contributed to its growth.

Dr. Stephen M. Phillips (UK/USA)

Dr. Phillips was the foremost among the scientists who found the resemblances between the findings of Science and Occult Chemistry fascinating. It was Dr. Phillips who determined that the positive quark had a charge of +2/3e and the negative, -1/3 e. He further deduced that the postive Anu had a charge of 5/9e and the negative, -4/9e.
    Dr. Philips is said to be currently researching in colloboration with a revered Buddhist occultist in Canada about the superstring structure of the electron.

Dr. E.Lester Smith (UK) is working to reconcile the findings of Science and Occult Chemistry and arrive at a whole picture.

Dr. Ronald Cowen (Canada) is colloborating with Dr. Phillips in the study of electron using clairvoyance.

Dr. Mahadeva Srinivasan (India), Associate Director of Physics Group of the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Bombay, has written a seires of three articles published by The Hindu in 1994. In these articles he has stressed the importance of quantitative resemblance of the findings of Occult Chemistry and Science, though the occult methods are not intelligible to scientists. He is popular for his lectures on this and other subjects of science in India and abroad.

So, where are we going, as a humanity?

We talk about holistic medicine and holistic healthcare, by the integrated use of the medicines of allopathy, ayurvedic, homeopathy and other medical disciplines. Why not a holistic Science that integrates Science, philosophy, occultism and mysticism?

Let us hope that Dr. Phillips' pioneering work in using yoga for Science will be a trend-setter. There is so much Science in Spirituality that Science cannot afford to ignore anymore.

If the Anu and ParamAnu build this physical plane, how are the other planes of Nature built? And what do they contain? We shall discuss these topics in the forthcoming instalments.

anoranukkaniyAn, mahitho mahiyAn!

Sources:
    1. The Project Gutenberg eBook, Occult Chemistry,
    by Annie Besant and Charles W. Leadbeater,
    download at: http://www.gutenberg.net/

2. Essentials of Occult Chemistry and Modern Science
    by H.J.Arnikar, The Theosophical Publishing House, Adyar, Chennai.
    Last edited by saidevo; 20 August 2006 at 08:23 AM.

Re: Spiritual Inquiries: 2. The Physical and the Spiritual Atom (Part 2 of 2)

Namaste Saidevo,

The suggested article [ http://www.chem.yale.edu/~chem125/12...cultAtoms.html ] provides the following conclusion:

From beginning to end, Occult Chemistry is a tale of deception and gullibility, so in most ways it is not particularly edifying.

Re: Spiritual Inquiries: 2. The Physical and the Spiritual Atom (Part 2 of 2)

Namaste Sarabhanga,

Oops! I didn't actually read the contents of the link! I wanted a picture of the male and female Anu's, searched in google and gave a link from the first few, without going through the contents. Thanks for your feedback. I have now changed the link!

I have no clairvoyant abilities, so I can't actually verify the findings of Besant and Leadbeater. And frankly, I don't know if I subscribe to their postulations, but I believe that the atom of Science contains other sub particles, only a few of which are physical. I also believe that matter in suble form is present in all the seven planes and that the ultimate atoms that make these matter interpenetrate and occupy the same physical space, because these ideas seem as logical (if not more logical) as the empirical findings of Science.

I think that Annie Besant and Charles Leadbeater did not do their researches to cheat the humanity on spiritual matters or discredit the findings of science. I have also no reason to doubt their clairvoyance, even though Theosophy does not make acquisition of such abilities public. I have read that the occult researches of these two people were under the supervision of the Tibetan Mater K.H. (Kuthumi), who is an enlightened master. The fact that Theosophy highlights more of the concepts of Buddhism than Hinduism also does not put me off, because Buddhism is derived from Hinduism.

I am a devoted Hindu with utmost belief in our scriptures (even though I have very limited knowledge of them). At the same time, I am aware that I need to co-exist with the followers of other faiths in this and other worlds. The holistic worldview offered by Theosophy tries to accommodate all humans, which is why it is appealing to me. In my explorations and presentations of Theosophical concepts, my main aim is to find the links they have with the truths of Hinduism. Therefore, I request enlightened people like you to point out the equivalences, similarities and differences, as you have been doing hitherto with kindness and concern.

Being a committed householder in the vanaprasta stage of life, I have no scope for intense sadhana or knowledge of our scriptures in this janma. Therefore I want to make the best of my current life, shape my knowledge, views and spiritual ambitions and try to realize them as much as possible now and the remaining in later incarnations. In this stage, I am not really interested in the ultimate aim of moksha, because I want to explore the other stages and perhaps leave pointers of documentations about what I have learned.

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Please do continue to enlighten me.
    Last edited by saidevo; 20 August 2006 at 10:17 AM.

Thread Information