Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cidabhasa

Re: Cidabhasa

hari o
    ~~~~~

Namasté

atanu writes

Man is gifted with the greatest freedom -- that of a discrimination faculty called Buddhi, which must be employed to ditinguish the thinker from the sat-cit-ananda. To escape the mAya of knower, the Seer bird, who does not hanker after fruits must be seen. Or one must believe fully, once for all "Arjuna you are not the doer."

This discrimintion ( विवेक viveka) when honed, fully employed, brings one to brahman which is trikalātītam. What is this trikalātītam¹ ? That which transcends ( is beyond) 3 fold time i.e. past, present, future.

So now one perspective to consider here. The māṇḍūkya upainiṣad ( 2nd śloka ) says the following ( which we have all seen prior to me writing this ) sarvaṁ hy etad brahma - all this is is verly brahman.

Let me ask my esteemed friends and guests that frequent here on HDF:
    If all this , sarvaṁ, it (brahman) is every thing i.e. mind, body, matter, anti-matter, gross/suble, before, after, parā and aparā, every thing I can think of and not think of.

What then is the need to 'go beyond' to find this brahman?

praṇām

words
    • trikālātītam =
      • view 1: tri+kalā+atīta = tri (3) + kalā (time) + (atīta) one who has gone through, got over, or beyond
      • view 2: tri+kalā+tī+ta = tri (3) + kalā (time) + tī is iti or 'thus' + ta (crossing)
    Last edited by yajvan; 05 December 2009 at 02:45 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    What then is the need to 'go beyond' to find this brahman?
    I find it better to stay still than try to go beyond (who is going anywhere?). There's a nice description of this in the bible:
    "Be still, and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10)
    There is a Guru in each of us. It is the Atma principle. It is the Eternal Witness functioning as Conscience in everyone. With this Conscience as guide, let all actions be done. (sss20-15)

Quote Originally Posted by Ekanta View Post
    I find it better to stay still than try to go beyond (who is going anywhere?). There's a nice description of this in the bible:
    "Be still, and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10)
    Of course. But who can BE STILL?

The practice is not to get anything new or to go beyond but to discard all that which hinders "Being truly still while fully awake" --- just as one is in deep sleep.

Om Namah Shivaya
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Thread Information