Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fairytale religions

Fairytale religions

1. You sow a seed and water it, and in some days u see sapling.

2. You dont sow a seed, can u see a sapling in your land? just by saying I surrender or you are my savior.

You do good/bad deeds (karma) and you see results according to your karma. You get an animal yoni or manushya yoni or a plant yoni based on your karma.

You do all the sins and then come surrendor, or say this is now my saviour, and all my sins are free? Is it possible? whatever your deeds are, you will have to bear, no force in the universe can make u extempt of your deeds, this is the way the world is managed.

Purush and Prakriti is a concept of managent, Where Prakriti (mahamaya) is management form of god, and purush form is lord krishna himself.

I really wonder how people get into a fairytale religion and start believing and killing on basis of no rationality? Anybody from other side can give their views?
    एको ब्रहम द्वितियो नास्ति
    ये तू सर्वाणि कर्माणि मयी सन्नस्य मत्परः अनान्यनैव योगेन माँ ध्यायंत उपासते
    तेशाम्हेम समुध्हर्था मृत्युसंसार सागरात भवामि नचिरातपार्थ मैय्या वेषित चेतसाम

Re: Fairytale religions

I believe in fairies.

and tales about them.........

Once upon a time the fairy worshippers said 'sajda kyon nahin kardey fairyian noo!' to the non-believers. They said Hum ko fairyian da vishvaas nahin haan. Hum lok woh Maha Ladoo jis ne sara jagat noo paida kita us noo sajda karday.' The fairy worshippers began to cry and said 'Tum loko ney sada vishvaas tor diya, woh fairyian sada samne pragat neh hotiyaan, tum baatao woh Maha Ladoo tumhare chaksu's keh samne ate hain? Then those sly worshippers of the Maha Ladoo said 'Nahin, be-samaj kuthay, woh Maha Ladoo ghaib hai, woh Alakh hai aakhon samne nahin pragat hota - tum kaalay kuthay, - yeh be-adabi baatein mat karo!

To cut the story short - God then left the Earth because of this fiasco, 99% of humanity was in slavery. And instead of seeing God and his aeviternal truths people believed in words.

Namaste amra and Shaan:

Amra: Perhaps you can translate that for me. Its up to you.

Regarding fairytales in religion, rest assured that a Christian or a Muslim would most likely see the Mahabharata or Ramayana as just elaborate fairytales, or myths. They would point out similarities such as royalty, kings and queens, fighting, and rescues common to many fairy tales of all cultures. So it all depends on one's perspective. How will we ever get along as humans with continued bashing? One has the right to think what they want based on logic or powerful intuition, but jump on a bandwagon of bashing, that just reveals one's own lower nature and intolerance.
    Aum Namasivaya
    Last edited by Eastern Mind; 07 December 2009 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by amra View Post
    I believe in fairies.

and tales about them.........

--- Hum lok woh Maha Ladoo jis ne sara jagat noo paida kita us noo sajda karday.' ------
    Maha Ladoo
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaan View Post

2. You dont sow a seed, can u see a sapling in your land? just by saying I surrender or you are my savior.

You do good/bad deeds (karma) and you see results according to your karma. You get an animal yoni or manushya yoni or a plant yoni based on your karma.

You do all the sins and then come surrendor, or say this is now my saviour, and all my sins are free? Is it possible? whatever your deeds are, you will have to bear, no force in the universe can make u extempt of your deeds, this is the way the world is managed.

Purush and Prakriti is a concept of managent, Where Prakriti (mahamaya) is management form of god, and purush form is lord krishna himself.

I really wonder how people get into a fairytale religion and start believing and killing on basis of no rationality? Anybody from other side can give their views?
    I agree with EM that there's nothing to be gained by bashing other religions, so I don't want to ever go on some crusade (if you'll forgive the expression) against Christianity or Islam. At the same time I see your point: there's a problem when the way you live your life has no bearing on how God treats you. Christians tout this doctrine of "salvation by grace through faith" as though it were some sort of virtue, but I'm not sure I understand why. Furthermore by saying that all sins have the same effect of condemning people to hell, they are equalizing all sins. This is a very dangerous thing: when stealing a loaf of bread is no different in God's eyes than mass murder, when "we are all sinners" (thus failing to discern between normal people and those who commit atrocities), then any sense of personal responsibility is lost.

Now, if this didn't hurt anyone, then I wouldn't really care what Christians or Muslims believe. Indeed many Christians are very good people. But many are very bad people, as evidenced by the many high-profile Christians that are caught committing gross sins. And these people claim that they are absolved of all responsibility by simply confessing to Jesus. And even the good Christians keep sending missionaries to India, because "we are all sinners" who need to be converted to Christianity regardless of how well we live our lives. The problem here is that these religious beliefs lead to bad behaviors that affect the rest of us. What should be done about this? I don't really know.

Quote Originally Posted by amra View Post
    I believe in fairies.
    Now it all makes sense!

Aahh.. liberals...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaan View Post

I can see where you're coming from on this.

Protestants believe that you are saved only by belief in Jesus, not by doing good works. This is based on Ephesians 2:8-9:

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:Not of works, lest any man should boast."

The Protestants interpret this as meaning that all you have to do to be saved is believe that Jesus Christ died for your sins and accept Him and your personal saviour. God's grace comes from this belief alone - it doesn't matter if you do good deeds or not. Once you have accepted Christ, many Protestants believe that you cannot lose your salvation and will go to heaven after you die no matter what you do.

The Catholics and Orthodox, who are much closer to the original Church, believe that good works are important. They believe that they
    are saved by Christ's grace alone, through faith and works done in charity inspired by the Holy Spirit. If you commit mortal sins and do not repent before death, then you can lose your salvation and go to hell.

So it seems that you're mainly referring to the Protestant belief that you are saved by faith alone. The Catholics and Orthodox, who can trace their priesthood back to the Apostles, have a more realistic view that good works do matter and bad works can lose you your salvation.

Quote Originally Posted by TatTvamAsi View Post
    Now it all makes sense!

Aahh.. liberals...

fairy=yaksha

Cool Re: Fairytale religions

Namaste All,

What is going on here ?

and Amra G, don't use too much Punjabi
    aetthe bahut kam hi jande haen

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Namaste amra and Shaan:

Amra: Perhaps you can translate that for me. Its up to you.

My dear Brother forget that story it was no good i'll do a better one just for you, because I love to read your posts.

I'll try to keep it pertinent to the thread.......

Once upon a time a Devil from the West a Man from the East and a God from the North met up for a chat. There was one from the South but he is invisible and unnameable and he doesn't talk he just hits with his stick. Now they all had brought with them tablets of stone inscribed with certain teachings. The Devil said his tablet had been inscribed with a sword made of fire. The God said his tablet had been inscribed by Lightening from the heavens. The Man said his Tablet had been etched by wind rain and earth. Then the God who was the wisest said let us compare what is written on these tablets. And Lo! the tablets described the very same thing word for word! The three were stunned. They stared at each other for a long time, for each of them secretly thought that they had a superior tablet of teachings than the others. The Devil rose up and said with unfocused smoky eyes my sword of fire is the most powerful Sajda karo tum kuthayon! (Bow down you dogs) The Man laughed and said Vi-arth baatein mat karo Moorakh! (do not talk nonsense fool!) The wind and rain teri talwar ki Aagg noo bujh deinge(will put out the fire of your sword) Then the God raising himself to full stature and with an arrogantly serene placid face said the fire from the heavens will strike you both tum kuthay de putray shish jhuka key apne shishon dey upar dhool sit-o kyon key aasi moorakhta dekha-kai tum salay kuthay daya de pater nahin hain main tum uper thukda hain. (you sons of dogs lower your heads and throw dust on your heads by saying such foolish things you are not worthy of compassion, i spit on you.

This then went on and on the three forgot that the teachings on all three tablets was the same. And the one from the South was laughing licking his lips and rubbing his hands together...........

Thread Information