Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discovering the Advaita in You (a Poem)

Re: Discovering the Advaita in You (a Poem)

I am the SELF the SELF am I. Really. Not in theory. This is coming from the Self Self, not from shAstra or the often repeated.

First, the jiva was only ‘aware’ of My presence. Like a pure silent one in the room. Yet she just wanted to live at the Lotus Feet of Shri KRshNa, the Supreme Person. She thought this pure silent one - although KRshNa in theory - did not talk or was not particularly sweet, and paying attention to this one was taking her away from KAnhA.

Now the jiva notices that I look at the jiva (the reverse).
    Although I (the SELF, AtmA) am aware of the presence and activities of various jIva – personalities, beings, as well as the fragrant fumes from the agarbatti, I stay within Me. They are in Me, I also live within them, but I am not involved with them. This is live. Not off-line from shAstra.

What? Don't look so shocked.

What happened to My-Beloved-Lord-KRshNa-and-me?
    They are just fine - on the swing of sAvan (shrAvaN). She overcame the fear of losing Him, and has firm faith it can never happen. Radhe-ShyAm will always be Radhe-Shyam. Not that she did not trust ShyAm's words earlier, but, you know...

Hmmm... interesting...When did that happen?
    It has been a while now - but less than one earth year...

What happened to the shAstra doubt regarding one being the Universal SELF that necessarily has to be omni-everything?
    We will get to that later.

I am in the silence, the rain, the wet tree-tops, the stray dog,cat, the sweet bird, but more interestingly, I am in the fumes coming from the agarbattis in the backdrop of silence + rain. Notice - I said IN the fumes of agarbattis, although I could have said "I am the twirling agarbatti fumes"
    I am pure consciousness that is IN those twirling fumes.

I am IN KAnhu's Lotus Feet, IN His singing anklets, IN His smile, IN His flute, His Hair (neela-kuntala and kuTila-kuntala), His danglers that hit His cheeks...
    How can this be?
    I am IN the Personal Version of Me.

Care for some adhyAtmic entertainment? Here

with Love,
    Your True Self
    Last edited by smaranam; 25 July 2013 at 03:02 AM. Reason: fumes, not smoke
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Namaste Smaranam,

This poem has moved me deeply. I feel the joy in this. Thank you. Please let me try to relate to it.

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post
    Why do you think so much , exactly who you are,
    how does it matter ? I love you, that is all
    Thinking is the core of our misplaced identities, our mundane and ideal attachments. Vata is strong, and so is maya. Yet strongest is the Lord’s love.

What is wrong with my Beloved these days ?
    Why does He repeat such things in many ways ?
    I think He is just being romantic, how sweet
    Metaphors, poetry, philosophy meet
    In the gardens of Love, the favorite retreat
    Yes, the mind has only one solace from its divisions—these endless gardens of which you speak. Consciousness is infinite and pure; thought is not. Thinking cannot conquer the mountains; only the valley can.

Brushing it off her mind
    Radha smiles, hears the wind

She walks barefeet, her hair flying everywhere,
    the cold wind blows....
    She hears the wind, and Vata grazes her smiling lips. Vata carries the fragrance of her locks across the worlds.

Then comes SadGuru, realized proper
    takes her to the Philosophical mirror
    "Take a look" , is all he says
    "Tat Tvam Asi" , 3 words your way
    He is within. If only the mirror were clear.
    "Be the change you wish to see in other people." ~Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Anima Deorum View Post
    Namaste Smaranam,

This poem has moved me deeply. I feel the joy in this. Thank you. Please let me try to relate to it.

Thinking is the core of our misplaced identities, our mundane and ideal attachments. [vAyu ] is strong, and so is maya. Yet strongest is the Lord’s love.

Yes, the mind has only one solace from its divisions—these endless gardens of which you speak. Consciousness is infinite and pure; thought is not. Thinking cannot conquer the mountains; only the valley can.

She hears the wind, and [VAyu ?] grazes her smiling lips. [VAyu ?] carries the fragrance of her locks across the worlds.

He is within. If only the mirror were clear.
    Namaste Anima

That was profound. Thanks for reading the poem deeply and commenting on the words so carefully. Your input is evidence to the fact that an empty flute made of bamboo put here something in the form of a poem that must have come from You Know Who. Admit that experience was intervined in the poem and also what gave rise to it - in a matter of a few minutes that day. Hardly any edits.

Even so, it needed another pair of eyes such as yours.

Thanks. I enjoyed reading your bhAshya on it

(I think you meant / would like to say vAyu - for the wind ?)

om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya ~
    Last edited by smaranam; 26 July 2013 at 04:26 AM.

Namaste Anima

(I think you meant / would like to say vAyu - for the wind ?)

om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya ~
    Namaste and thank you, Smaranam.

Unfortunately, I was working with a liberal translation of the Upanishads (in which an excerpt of the Rgveda was given). The verse said of Vata, "Atman devanam...gharbo." (I forget the other word) "Spirit of the gods, seed of all the worlds." Is there a difference between Vata and Vayu? Is one more a reference to Ayurveda and the other more of a Deity?

Quote Originally Posted by Anima Deorum View Post
    Is one more a reference to Ayurveda and the other more of a Deity?
    Yes. VAyu is not just the Deity, it is one of the pancha-mahA-bhuta (5 elements) of prakRti (material nature) i.e. pRthvi (earth), aap (water), tej (fire), vAyu (air), AkAsh (ether).
    Then within the microcosm you have the 5 prAnas (breaths) :
    prANa-vAyu, apAna vAyu, udAna, samAna, vyAna.

Also, you said "vAyu is strong, so is mAyA, but stronger is the Lord's Love"
    Here you seem to be using vAyu as the unsteady chanchal forever wandering mind. Fliting from here to there.

_/\_

Yes. VAyu is not just the Deity, it is one of the pancha-mahA-bhuta (5 elements) of prakRti (material nature) i.e. pRthvi (earth), aap (water), tej (fire), vAyu (air), AkAsh (ether).
    Then within the microcosm you have the 5 prAnas (breaths) :
    prANa-vAyu, apAna vAyu, udAna, samAna, vyAna.

Also, you said "vAyu is strong, so is mAyA, but stronger is the Lord's Love"
    Here you seem to be using vAyu as the unsteady chanchal forever wandering mind. Fliting from here to there.

_/\_
    Yes, "chanchal" ("fickle") is one term we could use to describe Vayu. At the least, He affects the world of appearances and thought in that way. Thank you. I would like to contemplate prakriti and the gunas for a while.

I have read that these gunas have correlates in Ayurvedic theory:
    • tamas (dissolution) is represented as vata (wind)
    • rajas (sustenance) is represented as pitta (fire)
    • sattva (creation) is represented as kapha (earth)
    Is this correct?

Pranam.

Thread Information