Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What of Radha?

Re: What of Radha?

Wow.

Welcome back and it is ages since i read your wonderful messages. This message of yours is very sublime and it require a volume of explanation to understand what you are conveying in few sentences.

Please shower your grace in this forum and give all of us opportunities to learn more of Krshna and Radha through your messages.

Hare Krshna!

Namaste Smaranam

Very interesting. You must be a true devotee of Radha and Krishna. So love is three? Meaning, do not forget the devotee, yes?

You know, sometimes the devotee is so loved by the Lord that a devotee's cry to bring the Lord's love i.e. Radha or Valli, to the Lord i.e. Krishna or Muruga, is granted right in front of them, almost takes your breath away actually. I have noticed, observing the devotee, the devotee loves to create for the Deva or Devi whom the devotee has seva, prem and jyan Jyoti and Bhakti and so they may create a work of art, or a poem, or a bhajan, or a meditation, and so on. Deva and Devi are also inclined and create, so I have been told. So too, an act to create love itself. That is all I meant by two, that is how it is created, so I have been taught.

But you are right, two is relative. It is not static, it evolves like a lotus spinning outward, like the spiral that is your fingerprint, like a galaxy perhaps? Like the manjaris are love personified. And so, even to consider to the kinkaris, or think of the entire Vraja Dhama - it is a Kingdom of Love. isn't it true that Radha's maidservants are love personified, the whole abode of Braja is the Abode of Divine Love?

Guru can be a means, the lode stone, where so many things are possible. who can introduce a person to Valli Herself. Of course even for those moments, then Muruga can then come. Radha will bring Krishna to you, yes? I know She is very busy making all sorts of Lila for Krishna, and that is enough for you in itself. But no one says you cannot sing alone with Her and the others.

And then the entire place becomes infused! Is that energy called love?

Quote Originally Posted by grames View Post
    Wow.

Welcome back
    thanks but..

Please shower your grace in this forum and give all of us opportunities to learn more of Krshna and Radha through your messages.

Hare Krshna!
    There you go again please don't embarass me. I was merely discussing to solve something that is very simple for you yet a puzzle for me. However, in the process, your gentle devotee charachteristics shine through each time. Thanks for those warm sun-rays of grace that you shower - in the form of some of those the 26 characteristics Lord Chaitanya talks about.

Hare KRshNa
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaFan View Post
    Namaste Smaranam

Very interesting. You must be a true devotee of Radha and Krishna.
    Namaste Shiva Fan

I am not so sure. If i was, the Braj Lila that you describe so easily would perhaps not be a puzzle for me.

So love is three? Meaning, do not forget the devotee, yes?

You know, sometimes the devotee is so loved by the Lord that a devotee's cry to bring the Lord's love i.e. Radha or Valli, to the Lord i.e. Krishna or Muruga, is granted right in front of them, almost takes your breath away actually. I have noticed, observing the devotee, the devotee loves to create for the Deva or Devi whom the devotee has seva, prem and jyan Jyoti and Bhakti and so they may create a work of art, or a poem, or a bhajan, or a meditation, and so on. Deva and Devi are also inclined and create, so I have been told. So too, an act to create love itself. That is all I meant by two, that is how it is created, so I have been taught.

But you are right, two is relative. It is not static, it evolves like a lotus spinning outward, like the spiral that is your fingerprint, like a galaxy perhaps? Like the manjaris are love personified. And so, even to consider to the kinkaris, or think of the entire Vraja Dhama - it is a Kingdom of Love. isn't it true that Radha's maidservants are love personified, the whole abode of Braja is the Abode of Divine Love?

Guru can be a means, the lode stone, where so many things are possible. who can introduce a person to Valli Herself. Of course even for those moments, then Muruga can then come. Radha will bring Krishna to you, yes? I know She is very busy making all sorts of Lila for Krishna, and that is enough for you in itself. But no one says you cannot sing alone with Her and the others.

And then the entire place becomes infused! Is that energy called love?
    Yes, what you describe shows a very sweet Vraja bhakti and quite in line with centuries of Acharya's views. And, like Grames above, the warm sunshine of devotee traits shine through your posts.

What i was getting at in that post yesterday, was that i don't get this Vraj Lila. In theory yes, but to put in practice? i am not so sure that it is just a matter of not being qualified or just a matter of time.
    I am saying that i cannot relate to participation of devotees in this Vraj Lila in practice. It is all nice in theory.

For instance, i am just putting my Baal KRshNa to sleep. It is so late but He has been playing in His crib and its my fault i was wrapping up some work.
    So He just took the chance to get up and start playing and giggling.
    Now i hold Him and don't have any words to describe. He is wide awake, watching me closely with twinkling eyes as i talk to you.

The thing is, there is nobody else here, and i always interact with KAnhU directly. I cannot see the point of NOT interacting with Him directly.

It was always Him and me alone. When i was all illiterate about Vraj-Lila and VaishNav literatures behind it, He never bothered to educate me about it despite being my Guru. What if i had never read these things? and what if i did or have read them now? It makes no difference.

We are not three or many in that beautiful selfless spiral of Vrajbhumi.
    We are just TWO! It is very very simple.

Hare KRshNa
    Last edited by smaranam; 07 July 2012 at 01:07 AM.

Namaste Smaranam

Well then, I guess I will leave the discussion to rest. I am not familiar with some of the aspects you shared with us, perhaps they are ISKCON? I do not know who Kahnu is you had made note of.
    I *think* I have heard of some similiar things you note from some Santal people in West Bengal. They may share some ideas with others.

I hope Mr. SMITH found some answers about Radha. I am not ISKCON, I am a Shaiva who practices Bhakti Yoga. I do know that I bow to Radha and seek the love energy that She brings to us who live in this world. Jai Radha Devi!

Today I think of the Great Goddess Parvati. She is always there.

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaFan View Post
    I do not know who Kahnu is you had made note of.
    KrishNa

I *think* I have heard of some similiar things you note from some Santal people in West Bengal.
    hmmm...

I do know that I bow to Radha and seek the love energy that She brings to us who live in this world. Jai Radha Devi!
    ~*~*~*~
    Tapta KAnchana Gaurangi
    RAdhe VRndAvaneshwari
    VRshabhAnu-sute Devi
    praNAmAmi Hari-Priye
    ~*~*~*~

Shrimati RAdhikA
    Jayo Radha-Madhava Jayo Kunja Bihari ~

Today I think of the Great Goddess Parvati. She is always there.

Yes, in all directions (dishA).

_/\_
    Last edited by smaranam; 07 July 2012 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by c.smith View Post
    Sorry members, but more questions.
    I don't understand Radha - what does she represent? Is she real as is Krishna?
    Namaste, C. Smith!
    Radha is Krishna's devotee par-excellence and the source of all forms of Lakshmi. In the Garga Samhita 1.15.68, Garga Muni explains Radha's name in this way:
    'R' stands for 'Ramaa' (a name of Lakshmi as Goddess of Fortune); 'A' stands for 'Adi-Gopika' (the original milkmaid); 'DH' stands for 'Dharaa' (a name of Bhumi Devi, Lakshmi as Mother-Earth); and 'A' also stands for Virajaa-nadi (the river Virajaa, the liquid form of Goddess Lakshmi, which flows between the spiritual and material worlds)
    In the next verse he explains:
    The four potencies of Lord Krishna, the Supreme Lord, became His four wives: Lila (Sri Lalita Tripurasundari, I assume?), Bhumi, Sri, and Virajaa.
    He goes on to explain how each of these individual forms of Lakshmi are now in the form of Sri Radha, who is also their source:
    Because these goddesses have now entered the form of Sri Radhika, the wise state that Sri Radha is the most complete form of the Goddess.
    So, from the Garga Samhita, we learn what Radha's position is through the explanation of Her Holy Name. I hope this has helped somewhat!

All this is true, but tell me, what is the significance of both Krishna and Radha being married to others? What I am asking, is what is the deeper meaning of Krishna and Radha being worshipped as One when they were never joined as husband and wife (in accordance to the customs of their world)? Why is it that like Ram and Sita before them, they lived a life apart?

Pranam~

Quote Originally Posted by dhyandev View Post
    if U revrse radha it becomes "dha ra"=dhara now dhara in hindi/sanskrit means flow.
    thus radha is reverse flow of indriyas i.e from flowing outwards from worldy attraction to back in the self.
    there is one more meaning -when kundalini energy begins to flow upwards(radha) from base of spine (mooladhar) to sahsrar(crown) only thwm u will find krishna(atma)
    thanks sir for this reply , i was trying to understand the meaning of radha rani from a long time . some of my friend told me radha ji represent success and every time radha ji meet lord krishna , he got success in his life .

Quote Originally Posted by JayaRadhe View Post
    Namaste, C. Smith!
    Radha is Krishna's devotee par-excellence and the source of all forms of Lakshmi. In the Garga Samhita 1.15.68, Garga Muni explains Radha's name in this way:

In the next verse he explains:

He goes on to explain how each of these individual forms of Lakshmi are now in the form of Sri Radha, who is also their source:

So, from the Garga Samhita, we learn what Radha's position is through the explanation of Her Holy Name. I hope this has helped somewhat!

Excellent!
    The Brahma-Vaivart and Devi Bhagavata Purana describle Radhika as Mula-Prakriti and states that She, along with Durga, are the highest Goddesses (the other three forms were: Sri Mahalakshmi, Sri Sarasvati and Sri Gayatri/Savitri).

Radha is the hladini sakti of Sri Krishna Who is mula vigraha - or the original Person, just as Uma, Rama, Savitri are the Hladini Shaktis of Shankara, Vishnu, Brahma. In that regard, She is Supreme.

Radha, although seemingly without powers and weapons, is unlimitedly powerful. Sri Kripaluji Maharaj states that if a particle of smoke which covers the divine fire of separation controlled by Radhika in Her chest were to somehow escape Her Person, it would instantly consume trillions of Bruhmaandas. Can you imagine the sort of power She possesses.

Kripaluji's devotees, and Gaudiya Vaishnavas in general, strictly maintain that Sri Narayana is the majestic form of God; that Sri Krishna removed all of His bhagavatta (majesty) and manifested that divine substance as Sri Vishnu. Sri Krishna, Sri Rama, Sri Radhika and Sri Seeta are Leela forms. They are hardly bothered about Aisvarya or majesty. They are only concerned with experiencing rasa in devotional exchanges. Only in that regard, They are 'superior' to other forms of God viz Vishnu, Shankara and Devi.
    My YouTube Channel, where I sing about God, His Love and His Holy instructions, etc., couched in popular melodies of modern pop music. It's either that, or clean parodies of popular music which otherwise would have a negative impression on young minds. Kind of like Hindu Gospel Music. I'm really excited to see where this goes!

Thread Information