Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Hindu Universalism

Re: Hindu Universalism

I have a feeling that we should stop now. Everyone has already said what he/she had to say. I don't think there is much to gain now by going ahead like this.

Pressing the lemon too much will give out only bitter juice.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

namaskar,
    Please focus.
    Are all religions true?
    Is that what sanatana dharma teaches?
    There is no negativity. People will naturally have hard feelings where someone is ignorantly promoting a teaching of violent rejection as the equivalent of Sruti. The question remains unanswered. I'm interested to see what the self-prefessed scholars of this forum can come up with. Because in order for Islamic teaching to be Sruti, it must have been perceived by RiShis. Mohammed was not a RiShi. As per his statements about religion and God in Koran, he wasn't even enlightened. His path is genuine, for him and for those predisposed to accept his teachings. Sanatana Dharma does not disparage other religions or deny them legitimacy. But Islam does denies legitimacy to every other religion.

All these scriptures tell of universalism , the ideology that sanatan dharm is only ONE .
    The Koran is rabidly against universalism, that is the problem, as it is against Sanatana Dharma.

If, at this point in the Kaliyuga it seems to be dark, and nigh impossible to get anywhere, or stop suffering, so be it. It is the Kali yuga, after all. These are just bodies, not souls. These are just minds, not souls. And these souls are identical to God in vibration. Yes, it's frustrating to see 'lower' forces from the mind. But its just the mind, not the Self.
    The Sikh Guru's never said ignore injustices of radical Muslim jihadis and forced conversions because these are only ideologies or physical bodies and therefore meaningless. They built up an Army and defeated it, casting the Muslim invaders out of Hindustan. By sacrificing his life to stop forceful conversions and mischief of Muslims, Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji became Hindu di chaadar, the blanket of protection of the Hindus. Why would pretend physical life does not matter, or that onslaughts of Muslims trampling the Dharma was no harm? Are you wiser than Guru Tegh Bahadur to say that? Is that how people translate Advaita? To ignore suffering, jihadi terrorist bombers and forced and manipulated conversions as just imagination of the mind? Is that how people are imagining Islam to be some kind of Sruti and equal part of Sanatana Dharma? What a distortion of Advaitic philosophy.

Hindu Woman Converts to Islam and Breaks his God MUST SEE !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0_xrdfjGPQ

Pranam all
    Quote Originally Posted by Atanu
    The point is that no hindu sage has taught that Bible or Koran is barbaric.

That is because it is self evident, a tree is known by the fruits it produces.
    Sages do not indulge in mud slinging.

those who speak on them have vested interested and makes statements that sound pleasing to the audience.

I also do not agree that a Brahman worshipper, an Ishwara worshipper, a God worshipper, or an Allah worshipper have different aims. Bhakti is same.
    There is no need for a Hindu to look elsewhere. At he same time there is no need to disparage other peoples faith.
    Why do you think we are disparaging anyone’s faith? What interest any Hindu would have other then its own welfare. We have no interest in meddling in anyone’s affair but when situation is not of our own making, is forced on you, then one has to make right judgement and this task is made even more difficult when our effort is made to look like fanatics by our own.

It is very simplistic statement to make that everyone worships one same God, I am not even sure the aim can be the same but these similarity ends here, Bhakti is not the same as you would like to assert, bhakti as we know and they follow is like cheese and chalk.
    If you compare instructions coming out from Mulas and our Dharama gurus you might understand.

If you call going out to change the world in your only way of to god by hook or crook by deceit or force, ‘bhakti’ then we have different defination of love of God, I don’t think I need to spell out for you what that is.

I do not understand your question as to how if name of Allah is true then Veda cannot be true? This is simply illogical. It is like saying if Bhagavatam is true then how can be Shiva Purana be true?
    A lot off us understand Satay’s statement, it is rather unfortunate you choose to be different, if you accept Koran to be final word and that is what it says, it accepts no God but Allah and classes Vedas and it followers as Kafir, how difficult is this to understand?

There is no comparison for puranas they are all given by Vedvyas, non speak ill off each other, these are not even considered as dharma Shastra in a strict sense. It is a treasure trove of glories or lila, of various aspect of that one God without a second. Neither makes a demon out off you, on the contrary even a demon can become a sage if he/she lucky enough to come in contact and hear its glories.

Now let me explain why I feel so strongly about this issue, I do not hate these followers but I sure do hate what they follow, if their aim is to convert us heathens and kaffirs then it becomes our duty to defend our self, this is my defence, we certainly can not give them the fuel and ammunition to make us weak, it is suicidal and talking about suicide many off our ancestors chose death in place of conversion, it would be an insult to them who met brutal death (it is gruesome history) in upholding Vedic dharma, can I tell them you fools did you not know they worship the same god?
    I really need no evidence "the ideology that all religions are true" if it were our ancestors would not have resisted.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Admin Note

Hello,
    I have moved some of the posts to the Moderation thread.

http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthr...p?t=379&page=4

Thanks,
    satay

Quote Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
    This also means that the Lord's body needs to be balanced with the three guNas--sattva of the Hindu-Buddhist, rajas--of the Christian-Jew and tamas--of the Muslim. What will the Lord do when the rajas and tamas try to dominate the sattvic? Would He want the sattvic to be subverted or react to regain and establish its equal share?
    Namaste saidevoji,

Its OK because it is HDF. Had it been a christian forum or a muslim forum the blue highlights and the word 'sattva' would shift. It would also shift with every change of dress of the soul. This itself is the world. Not understanding this shifting stand of mind-belief is denying the karma and re-incarnation. IMO, we cannot obliterate the unique power of Sanatana Dharma, which alone teaches in detail the karma and re-incarnation. No doubt that small hearts will have their blue highlights somewhere or other but what will the big Heart do?

Rest is based on one's experience and wisdom. My understanding concurs with the following:
    "That the beliefs and customs of the various religions are different cannot be a cause for complaint. Nor is there any need to make all of them similar. The important thing is for the followers of the various faiths to live in harmony with one another. The goal must be unity, not uniformity."
    --- AchAryA's words: that Ishvara is above all the guNas that religions seek to attribute to him and that he remains universal, identical and the same in all religions.

I believe that worshipping Ishwara is worshipping the full. Ishwara's will is unsurpassed. I also agree to the following, noting that even Bible and Koran do not encourage forcible or seductive conversions (but surely followers of these scriptures do).
    "Converts demean not only the religion of their birth but also the one to which they convert. Indeed they do demean God."
    ----concern of us Hindu parents remaining ignorant of the distinctive features of our religion as taught by our traditional gurus; and our failure to teach our children properly which only makes them easy conversion targets for the missionaries of Abrahamic religions.
    The last quote, to me, is most important, since i know how the most important part of my life has passed in ignorance of ignorance. Teaching sanskrit, indian languages, and scripture to young people must be the first goal. Also, to me, harmony is important since, many of us do not know that the vak is the fiery ashtra. Vak originates in the fire of mind. These missiles then go to their targets and further build their bodies with sweetness or with poison (depending on so may factors) and return.

Om Namah Shivaya
    Last edited by atanu; 29 December 2009 at 04:15 AM.
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganeshprasad View Post

Now let me explain why I feel so strongly about this issue, I do not hate these followers but I sure do hate what they follow, if their aim is to convert us heathens and kaffirs then it becomes our duty to defend our self, this is my defence, we certainly can not give them the fuel and ammunition to make us weak, it is suicidal and talking about suicide many off our ancestors chose death in place of conversion, it would be an insult to them who met brutal death (it is gruesome history) in upholding Vedic dharma, can I tell them you fools did you not know they worship the same god?

Jai Shree Krishna
    Namaste Ganeshprasadji,

I fully agree, noting however, that even worshippers of same God kill. The cultural differences seem to accentuate the problems further.

Om Namah Shivaya
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

namaste atanu,
    I somehow didn't see your posts 106 and 107 till today. However, under the circumstances, I agree with you that there is no point in continuing.

I believe the two original queries on this thread were clear and simple enough.

For me the answers to those questions are clear. However, I understand your personal conviction in the matter.

Thanks for your participation.

Quote Originally Posted by atanu View Post
    Namaste Satay,

Anyway, I see that it is pointless to continue.
    Om Namah Shivaya
    satay

Pranam Atanu ji

Quote Originally Posted by atanu View Post
    Namaste Ganeshprasadji,

I fully agree, noting however, that even worshippers of same God kill. The cultural differences seem to accentuate the problems further.

Om Namah Shivaya

I am heartened by your fully endorsing my reason for defence ‘we certainly can not give them the fuel and ammunition to make us weak’

Sure people kill but you will not find endorsement or encouragement from dharma guru or Shastra for it, on the contrary it is well understood even a street sweeper, no disrespect intended, knows that one is held responsible for ones action.

Cultural difference should not necessarily accentuate any problem, verity is a spice of life.

Many a culture has been assimilated in the history of Bharat without them having to loose their identity. We can all co exist with mutual respect.

Please tell me who are the odd ones out and why?

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

I humbly request all you fools to stop arguing and read this book

The temple of Hanuman.

All questions of 'Hindu' Universalism are answered in it.

http://www.omphaloskepsis.com/ebooks/pdf/ttoh.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by amra View Post
    I humbly request all you fools to stop arguing and read this book
    Come on old wise one give me one good reason this fool should open that link, is it Veda revelation?

Jai Shree Krishna

Thread Information