Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Hindu Universalism

Re: Hindu Universalism

Quote Originally Posted by Ganeshprasad View Post
    Come on old wise one give me one good reason this fool should open that link, is it Veda revelation?
    So you can report back to the rest of us fools. Check it out for viruses at the same time. Go GP, Go GP. Satisfy your curiousity. Boy do I wish one book could take the place of this one lifetime of experience that has gotten me this far.

Aum Namasivaya

pranam amra,

Quote Originally Posted by amra View Post
    I humbly request all you fools to stop arguing and
    Why do you think we are fools?

Is it because we are arguing among each other or is it because we are arguing for the truth?

Just trying to understand your criteria for calling us all fools.
    satay

Pranam EM

What can this old fool report back, have you not heard it’s the curiosity that killed the cat, my anti virus got the better of me, this old fool could not risk it so I am afraid nought to report. Frankly I could rely on your experience more, then anyone who claims to have all the answers without elaborating jack.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Vanakkam GP:

Ah, but I am a fool.

Who is this elaborating Jack you talk about? Is he like elaborating Yajvan, or elaborating Saidevo?

Actually you made me chuckle as I don't think I've ever heard anyone from India use this idiom.

Aum namasivaya

Pranam EM

now now why bring Yajvan ji and Saidevo ji, when you know who is the wise one on this thread.

By the way what ever gave you the idea that i am from India?

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

GP: So sorry for the assumption. With a name like Ganeshprasad, I should have guessed you were from jolly England. Right along there with the MacTavish, Smiths, and Windsors, its a right proper British namesake, isn't it?
    A pint o' Guiness then, mate. Please accept me sincerest apologies.
    So Chelsea's 'avin' a mighty fine year, then?

Cheers, my Matey.

Thank you for the link
    Last edited by Sahasranama; 18 December 2010 at 07:15 AM.

I haven't read the rest of the thread regarding this, but I know that in the Gaudiya Vaishnava sampradaya, Bhaktivinoda Thakura in passing regards Muhammad as the Supreme Teacher of Sakhya Rasa (mood of friendship) towards the Lord.

"In the age of Dvapara, Uddhava and Arjuna became the qualified authorities of sakhya rasa. They preached this rasa throughout the world. Gradually tha rasa expanded up to the Arabian countries and touched the heart of Mohammed, the knower of religious principles."

-- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura

And of course, Srila Prabhupada has said immensely that the Qur'an is also shastra, that Islam is also Vaishnavism (albeit a 'corrupted' form, like all later religions), and that Allah is another name for Krishna, God.

Islam can't be Vaishanvism, they don't accept Vishnu to begin with (not mentioning all the questionable acts sanctioned by Qu'ran according to muslims themselves).

Of course any religious inclination (whatever it be) points to the same, not the same that as another religion, but to the same archetypal religious tendency, it's a nice blanket statement to avoid arguments and make everybody happy in the end thougf.

When it is said that religion from the Vedas can make one be a better christian/muslim/whatever, this can only mean that the Vedas speak of higher truths, with higher clarity. Of course a person can just use them to improve their practice and not let go of their old practices due to attachment or not even considering in the first place, but the best practice would be to embrace the higher truths wholeheartedly. Not to mention it's logically the best course of action: Since X makes Y better, why not just go with X all the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Harinama View Post
    I haven't read the rest of the thread regarding this, but I know that in the Gaudiya Vaishnava sampradaya, Bhaktivinoda Thakura in passing regards Muhammad as the Supreme Teacher of Sakhya Rasa (mood of friendship) towards the Lord.

"In the age of Dvapara, Uddhava and Arjuna became the qualified authorities of sakhya rasa. They preached this rasa throughout the world. Gradually tha rasa expanded up to the Arabian countries and touched the heart of Mohammed, the knower of religious principles."

-- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura

And of course, Srila Prabhupada has said immensely that the Qur'an is also shastra, that Islam is also Vaishnavism (albeit a 'corrupted' form, like all later religions), and that Allah is another name for Krishna, God.
    Before Bhaktivinod Thakur became a Gaudiya vaishnava, he was already influenced strongly by the neo Hindu reformers like Ram Mohan Roy, so he brought that bagage into his sampradaya.

Thread Information