Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Experiencing darshan or vibration.

Experiencing darshan or vibration.

I have noticed how some people can go into a particular temple and feel nothing, while at the same time others get really blissed out, and come out saying so. I have a dear friend in India whose impressions on two different temples are exactly the opposite of mine. He thinks Chidambaram is the strongest temple on earth, while Tanjore feels empty to him. For me, it was the opposite.

I am curious to what the reasons are. What do people here think about this? Especially, when its on the same day, in the same temple.

The same thing happens around gurus. Some people will notice, and others will walk right on by.

Ideas?

Aum Namasivaya

Re: Experiencing darshan or vibration.

Namaste,

From a Hindu perspective, I wouldn't know, but your question reminded me of a discourse I was watching on Youtube. He said that as we become more and more attuned spiritually the cells start spinning at a different frequency. This causes a type of magnetic effect where one might feel deeply connected to a certain teacher, etc..

I've been pondering it a lot so I look forward to seeing the responses you receive.

Love to you,
    Heartfully

Namaskar Blessed Members of the Forum,

In my opinion, everyone has different levels of reception of the experience. It can be due to the level of spirituality one has, our gunas at that particular time, and what our intention (our focus) was during that time.

Honestly, I had never felt any vibrations or such in temples so far. Perhaps I have yet to be spiritual enough in order to be blessed such an experience.

Vannakkam:

I am reopening this thread by this post as a result of a discussion in another thread. It is interesting to me now that there were no responses before. Am I the only one here that feels this energy? (shakti, grace, darshan, call it what you will) The issue is really logic versus intuition. When we stand in front of the deity and feel His (or Her) powerful permeating presence, surely it is illogical. Atheists and rude fundamentalists would go further than that. They would say it is even stupid. Yet over and over, people throng to our holy temples just to receive a moment of this energy they feel. Tears of bhakti pour out, a well led devotional bhajan can elicit same response. How do others deal with the idea that it is contradictory?

(For me personally, it IS my religion. Far more than any other aspect. Its what brought me home, and keeps me home.)

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post

(For me personally, it IS my religion. Far more than any other aspect. Its what brought me home, and keeps me home.)
    Namaste EM
    I think I understand what you say. For me its peace, power, presence. It makes it easier to develop love and control your senses. For me its the source making itself know in a subtle way. A pull, a magnet... its there in a stronger form, but can become part of every day life in due turn... as you said EM "it IS my religion". I would say the same! Beautiful line!

Logic can of course dismiss it, but its convincing in another way, peace of mind is convincing from the bottom of mind and overwhelms you and cant be dismissed, since its self obvious... Something like that.

It would be interesting if someone had some scriptural references to this?
    “There is a Guru in each of us. It is the Atma principle. It is the Eternal Witness functioning as Conscience in everyone. With this Conscience as guide, let all actions be done.” (sss20-15)

Vannakkam Ekanta: It is good to know that someone else is as 'delusional' as me, who also suffers from hallucinations and a vivid imagination.

Thank you.

I've yet to feel anything super-dramatic when I go to my local Temple, but I do feel "better" after leaven than when I went in, so I do feel more subtle effects that are usually hard to catch.

Vannakkam Ekanta: It is good to know that someone else is as 'delusional' as me, who also suffers from hallucinations and a vivid imagination.

Thank you.
    Hey, why should it matter if these are just imaginings and hallucinations? They help us lead better lives and progress spiritually, right? So how can they be bad?

As far as I'm concerned, SOMETHING is happening. Whether it's God doing something, or just the placebo effect, something that is positive is happening. That's the important part, that it's positive. For some, that's not enough. I think for us, though, it's enough.

Vannakkam:

The irony to all this is that you can't argue it. Intuition is of the superconscious mind, and logic is of the conscious mind. Although they are both mind, it is from two different chakra levels, two different mind strata, and there isn't any overlap. So there is no way a person stuck in gridded intellect can fathom this. It's beyond that.

Take my experience in India I related before. Driving along a rural highway, we pass an ordinary but new small Ganesha temple. About 200 meters past, I just stop, and tell the driver to turn around as I NEED to go there to worship. There is no logic to this decision. We have driven right past 50, maybe 100 similar temples. But there is something in the air, something like a fermone, and I can sense it. Then when we talk to the priest, turns out we have many mutual friends in common. At that juncture in time, space, the two of us were meant to meet. Maybe he needed cheering up, or I need confirmation, or something. I have absolutely no idea why.

Now a scientist of logical person would just say "Bah. Humbug. Purely coincidence. Stroke of luck." or whatever. The chances were one in a hundred, lets say. But then similar one in a hundred chance things happen over and over again. Its simply not logical. He's right. Its not logical. I don't disagree with that at all. The 'problem' only appears when he tells me it didn't happen, and then its only his problem, not mine.

Aum namasivaya

Thank you.
    This guy also suffers from hallucinations:

Quote (forgot exact source so I googled it):

At the first opportunity Narendra (Vivekananda) put him (Ramakrishna) the same question - "Sir, have you seen God?"

But this practically illiterate priest, unlike the erudite Maharshi, replied in rural dialect without mincing words - "Yes, I have seen God. I have seen Him more tangibly than I see you. I have talked with him more intimately than I am talking to you. But my child, who wants to see God! People shed jugs of tears for money, wife and children. But if they weep for God for only one day they would surely see Him."
    “There is a Guru in each of us. It is the Atma principle. It is the Eternal Witness functioning as Conscience in everyone. With this Conscience as guide, let all actions be done.” (sss20-15)

Thread Information