Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Experiencing darshan or vibration.

Re: Experiencing darshan or vibration.

Namaste Ganeshprasadji:

I enter the Ganga on January 13, 2011 for the first time this lifetime, and hopefully not the last. I presume it will be colder even than usual. But there's no way I'm making the effort to get to Haridwar and standing there shivering on some ghat. You are so fortunate to have seen what you have seen. Regarding sharing this information, I personally don't go to the real deeper stuff, as you suggested. If mere mortals like ourselves get these feelings, I can't imagine the bliss some of our greatest saints must have felt. My understanding is that they have to try to come out as hard as we have to try to go in. How odd it must be to have samadhi as the natural state of the mind, consciously, all the time.

Aum Namasivaya

What a great thread!

I love reading your experiences.

I can feel it too. For me it comes and goes, I have it for months at a time and then it's gone or very low for months at a time.
    Certain places definitely have more energy than others. My Ashram for example has a lot of it. It is truly an amazing place.

Our temple there has a very strong energy, I have had incredible meditations in there. It's usually a place for silence unless it's a holiday and we have a ceremony in there and as soon as I go in there I feel Nadam very strongly.
    And then the meditation becomes very deep with a lot of energy.
    I have felt this in other places too, not as powerful, but still felt it.
    Places in nature or other places of worship, there is a church near me that has this energy as well.

I do think that it depends on the mood of the day for you to feel it.
    If I have had a stressful day or if I'm in a bad mood, I can't feel it.
    Or if I'm too tired, then I just fall asleep when I meditate.

Maya

Smile Re: Experiencing darshan or vibration.

I felt great at Thiruchendur Murugan Temple, Vallioor Murugan Temple in Tirunelveli District in Tamil Nadu, India and at Thiruvannamalai. I also feel at peace when I pray in front of Adhishtanams, Brindavans and Samadhis of Great Saints interred.These may be the "vibrations" that people talk about.

Vannakkam Kahanam:

Yes there is something electric about Murugan temples. I've been to Tiruchendur as well. Very magical place, and so off the beaten track. Exactly 4 weeks from today, my wife and I are off for the traditional Arupadaveedu pilgrimage., in the prescribed order. I've already been to 3 of them, but she's only been to Palani. I think Palani is the most famous. I remember speaking to a Keralite here who when hearing of my fondness for India, started telling me about this 'must see' temple just across the border a bit into TM. Guess which one? There are just too many 'must see' temples. I love them all.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste Eastern Mind,

Any devotee who is truly in love with almighty would experience these kind of subtle vibrations (this is sattvic energy that flows through the body of devotee) every time he thinks of his/her lord or is fully immersed in lords bhajan. Sometimes even a glimpse of his/her lord can send deep vibrations through devotees body.

Yes, I have been experiencing it very often and many times, at will, I simply chant the lords name to enjoy those vibrations and the flow begins.

"As Saideo has rightly mentioned---only a few people are tuned as suitable vessels to receive the spiritual vibrations in a temple" also reception of individuals differ depending on the extent of their spiritual practices. So this answers one of your question why different people have different experiences.

I would tell you a trick how to enhance this experience--- just simply surrender at the holy feet of lord you worship-- just surrender completely and take lords name you will experience the same magical vibrations, you don't have to be in the temple for that (remember god is omnipresent.)

Temples are the nucleus centres of positive energies, as so much of faith of so many devotees is attached there, making it even more special.

These vibrations can be photographed as your aura pictures (Kirlean photography), I have done that and photographer couldn't believe those energies, they were so great.

There are times when these vibrations are so intense that you feel as if your whole body will be dissolved in it...... Thats what we call LAYA YOGA in bhakti.

One important factor I must mention, one need not be Hindu to experience these vibrations, its just the faith of devotee towards its deity/guru which should be complete and AS MENTIONED EARLIER THE COMPLETE SURRENDER can make it intense.

OM

Whenever I even say a small mantra to myself at home, I feel more spiritually connected than I do any other time of the day.

On more difficult nights, I have chanted myself to sleep and actually dreamed of being on a plane above earth.
    "I'm alright, right now."

Thread Information