Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Namaste everyone

Namaste everyone

Hi,
    I am a Western convert to Sanatana Dharma, living in Bradford, UK. I have been attending the Bradford Mandir for a couple of years now, and I am studying the Himalayan Academy Master Course. I have just completed year one and applied to take the second year course.
    Aum Namah Shivaya
    Chris

Re: Namaste everyone

Namaste Chris Ji,

Welcome to the forum and welcome to Sanatana Dharma. It's a good course you are taking. Do contribute your thoughts and views or channel your doubts and questions related to Hinduism here.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

Namasté chris,

welcome...perhaps you can give us an outline of what you are studying in year one? What you find interesting, and what you are pondering. Does the academy also offer techniques in meditation or some sādhana to compliment the knowledge that is offered?

Hope to see you post based upon your insights and questions.

praām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

hi and welcome!
    There is a Guru in each of us. It is the Atma principle. It is the Eternal Witness functioning as Conscience in everyone. With this Conscience as guide, let all actions be done. (sss20-15)

Namaskar !

Welcome to the forum, Chris !

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Namaste Chris and welcome to forum,I really like your avatar picture!

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    Namast chris,

welcome...perhaps you can give us an outline of what you are studying in year one? What you find interesting, and what you are pondering. Does the academy also offer techniques in meditation or some sādhana to compliment the knowledge that is offered?
    Namaste, and thanks to everyone for the welcome. I am reluctant to say much about the Master Course and I could never do it justice. The course has three books, "Dancing with Shiva", which is predominantly about Hindu beliefs. It is written from a Saivite perspective, but it makes it very clear what is general and what is specific, and gives a briefer outline of the other major sects (Vishnavite, Shakti, and Smarta).

The second volume "Living with Shiva" gives a guide to Hindu ways of living and social norms, though it is much more than just a social treatise as it gives the theological basis for the way of living.

The third volume is "Merging with Shiva", which gives Hindu philosophy, and includes a basis for meditation. This is the book that I found the most difficult, so far I have at best reached the concentration (Dharana) stage. I understand that this is covered more fully in the later stages and the first year is just a "grounding".

Namaste,

welcome very nice chris. Have you found yourself becoming more in love with Siva?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualseeker View Post
    Namaste,

welcome very nice chris. Have you found yourself becoming more in love with Siva?
    Thanks Spiritualseeker,
    Yes definitely!

Aum Shivaya
    Chris

Hi Chris
    A belated Welcome! I am also British, although I don't live close to Bradford.

I look forward to learning together with you.

Thread Information