Thread: GOA Trance music..

GOA Trance music..

Invented in Goa India.. I'm confused to not be able to find Goa music that deals with Krishna. It was invented in India.. strange that I cant find anything.

Re: GOA Trance music..

Earlier I posted asking people what they think of Goa, after probably telling too much about myself as a musician who does the style (http://www.traxinspace.com/profile/darwin). Are you sure it was invented only in Goa, or also in the area but maybe outside the city or even nearby ones?

I did one piece with a flute about the time I was reading ISKON's well-illustrated Bhagavad-Gita that had a picture of Krishna with a flute, but I do not recall if I had Krishna in mind. For years I have wanted all my music to be spiritual, and so I will probably get around to making some Goa with mantras/chants for the Tridevi & Trimurti (incl. Vishnu/Krishna) as well as a few others.

Goa is what got me into Classical Indian music, and most of the time it is more relaxing and interesting to me than trance, but I still like trance (of course Classical-inspired trance is the best kind.)

From what I have read on the History of the style it claims that Goa is the originator of Goa.. I agree somewhat.. Todays Ambient and Trance turned me onto classical India music as well. I like a mix of Trance and Ambient with Classical Indian music the best.I myself create Electronic music leaning toward the Psybient style.. It's alot like ambient.. The difference between the 2 is.. Ambient is a music that creates an atmosphere.. where as Psybient tries to make a progressive mood like story.. Which usualy takes a whole album to portray.

Anyone know of any new Goa trance using Indian instruments? I know about Space Zitar, Prosad, and Asian Stars, but that might have been all I have heard (besides music I made.) I'd like to hear a lot more of it.

Thread Information