Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LORd SIVA : A Gaudiya Vaisnava Perspective

Re: LORd SIVA : A Gaudiya Vaisnava Perspective

Namaste YogKriyaji

I honestly did not mean to upset you, on the contrary, to help see the context of the verse that was taken out of context (SB 4.2.29), because you suggested that the verse was inserted into the purAN by VaishNavs.
    I wish i hadn't tried to help. It was a foolish and stupid thing to do.

A mere spec of dust of Lord SadAShiv's Lotus Feet makes one nirguN at the Lotus Feet of Shri Hari, and it is great fortune to have it.

And let us also not glide past this that i said:

SadAshiva is VishNu tattva on the other side of Viraj river

----

Alright, now which verses did i glide past ? I was obviously not thinking of verses in the 6th chapter (BrahmA glorifying Shiva) when the issue at hand was in the second chapter of Canto 4, because my job was to only explain why SB 4.2.29 was there, WHO UTTERED IT, and in what scenario, and that it was not inserted by someone else, but part of the incidence.

I am actually shocked that you were thinking i am out to "un-glorify" Shiva.

Sage BRgu was generalizing about Shiva's devotees in SB 4.2.29 based on the time, desh kaal paatra. In his era, he must have observed many tantrik Shaivas (so did Daksha, more proof that tantrik practice was prevalent then), and in a fit of anger (because his party was cursed severely), he called them names.

Sage BRgu counter cursed them to become atheists, that does not mean all Shiva devotees were already like that. (a + theists = those who do not believe in an eternally present Theistic Person as the Supreme Lord in charge of everything)

Daksha made a terrible mistake and he had to face the consequences, and guess who saved Him ? The compassionate Lord Shiv Himself. He did Daksha prajapati a great favor by giving him the consequence first, because it purified him of the ahaMkAr and material duality.

In any case here they are : the verses where Lord BrahmA glorifies Lord Shiva : SB 4.6.42 to 4.6.53

SB 4.6.42: Lord Brahmā said: My dear Lord Śiva, I know that you are the controller of the entire material manifestation, the combination father and mother of the cosmic manifestation, and the Supreme Brahman beyond the cosmic manifestation as well. I know you in that way.
    SB 4.6.53: O destroyer of the sacrifice, please take your portion of the sacrifice and let the sacrifice be completed by your grace.

About the pashupat astra, and Lord VishNu worshiping Shiva - a) for Leela purpose to set an example to the world b) Because He adores Lord Shiva as His own AtmA, The Supreme Lord makes His own AtmA ArAdhya with great pleasure. That is Divine Greatness.

Non-vishNu tattvas - pure devotees of KRshNa like Arjun, Kunti and NandaBaba obviously took KRshNa/VishNu as the Supreme Lord, and their worshipping Shiva was not atheistic - they wanted to remain KRshNa's associates forever and Shiva also facilitated that. So that is the difference. It all depends on the devotee.

Hare KRshNa
    praNAm _/\_
    Last edited by smaranam; 20 September 2011 at 02:26 PM.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Re: LORd SIVA : A Gaudiya Vaisnava Perspective

gaudiya themselves accept that shiva is the greatest vaishnab. now some people saying that there are sada shiva who is not different from vishnu tattwa and rudra shiva who is misture of vishnu tattwa jib tattwa with tama gun etc. now the question is which shiva is offered puja during shiva chaturdoshi even the gaudiya also celebrate the day . in shiva temple in india there are shiva linga . people offereing puja on various occasion. which shiva linga it is , sada or rudra. it should be noted by gaudiya that during ras , shiva is not allowed to witness and kept outside the area of ras though shiva is the greatest vaishnab.

Thread Information