Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Re: LORd SIVA : A Gaudiya Vaisnava Perspective

Re: LORd SIVA : A Gaudiya Vaisnava Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by brahma jijnasa View Post

Do you really think that the verses composed by Vyasadeva and gathered by Jiva Goswami were intended to deceive?
    No, what is being said is that Jiva Goswamin's interpretation of those verses is wrong.
    namastE astu bhagavan vishveshvarAya mahAdevAya tryaMbakAya|
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

sarvam shrI umA-mahEshwara parabrahmArpaNamastu

A Shaivite library
    http://www.scribd.com/HinduismLibrary

Hari Om.

All I have to say about this, is that I'll be happy when I can finally understand what a 'Demigod' is.

That's Lord Siva from a Vaisnava Perspective.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Living as a Shaiva in an ISKCON Temple is very difficult. Especially when you confide in a few close friends, who thereafter will try and 'convert' you from that point on.

I never tried it on with them, but then again, I was 'outnumbered'. This is where I first heard words like 'demigod' and 'shetan'. Still, it made me at least try and overcome my annoyance by seeing Lord Shiva in Lord Vishnu and vice-versa instead of getting angry with them.

In the end, I fell for Lord Keshava and realised I had a weird 'snake thing' going on. Seriously though, in many ways the two images both symbolically AND representationally are almost identical. I started to focus on what was 'the same' and realised in the end that everything was.

I never really got into the whole 'Krishna Leela' thing, but I was very interested in stories from the Mahabharata and Ramayana and I had a soft-spot for Lord Rama - Lord Shiva's greatest devotee - (Ravana deserved it for his insolence)..so, everybody 'tolerated' me....anyway, I am digressing here, but now you can see why I say it.

Aum Namo Narayanaya.
    Last edited by Necromancer; 14 January 2013 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
    Hari Om.

All I have to say about this, is that I'll be happy when I can finally understand what a 'Demigod' is.

That's Lord Siva from a Vaisnava Perspective.

Aum Namah Shivaya
    Prabhupada's use of the word 'demigod' for deva is an unfortunate choice of words.
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

A Shaivite library

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post

Especially when you confide in a few close friends, who thereafter will try and 'convert' you from that point on.
    I wonder why ISKCONites try so hard to proselytize.

Om shrImAtrE namah

A Shaivite library

Quote Originally Posted by Omkara View Post
    Other Vaishnava sects consider this to be an arthavada.
    That the scriptures wanted to say that this is arthavada, then they would have said so, "Now we'll say one arthavada" but they don't. Gaudiyas would accept this scriptural statement as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Omkara
    In any case, "Rama" as a name of Lord Vishnu does not refer to the avatar Rama but rather that Lord Vishnu posesses the qualities refferd to by the name Rama.
    This form of Lord Vishnu who possesses the qualities refferd to by the name Rama indeed is Lord Rama.

Would you mind using a larger font?
    You can increase the size of fonts in your web browser. You can increase the view of the web page with the zoom option too.

No, what is being said is that Jiva Goswamin's interpretation of those verses is wrong.
    No, see his post, he says that there are verses in the scriptures about Lord Krishna with the purpose to mislead. He even mentioned that the Buddha was an incarnation of Lord Vishnu who descends to deceive.

regards

Talking Re: LORd SIVA : A Gaudiya Vaisnava Perspective

brahma jijnasa,

please use a larger font..this is silly

Quote Originally Posted by Jogesh View Post
    That is not true, Sri Chaitanya forbade ...
    We can see that Gaudiya Vaishnavas quoted from various Puranas in their writings. They even quoted from those that are considered tamasic.

regards

Quote Originally Posted by Jogesh View Post
    That is not true, Sri Chaitanya forbade Sri Advaita Acarya from reading and teaching Yoga Vasistha of Valmiki when he came to know about it.

(I encourage you to read between the lines on that one )
    Pranams,

This is news to me. Why did he forbid its teaching? Do you have the location of any quotes in which this is explained?
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by brahma jijnasa View Post

We can see that Gaudiya Vaishnavas quoted from various Puranas in their writings. They even quoted from those that are considered tamasic.

regards
    Yoga Vasistha is not Tamasic or a Purana...

Thread Information