Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: back again :)

back again :)

Hello everyone.

making my return to HDF... I needed some time to think about my beliefs, and Hinduism seems even more clearer this time.

thanks everyone!

Re: back again :)

Pranam

Sherab

Welcome back

Sherab: So how come it drew you back? Or would you rather not share. (That's fine if you don't. I'm just curious.)

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Sherab: So how come it drew you back? Or would you rather not share. (That's fine if you don't. I'm just curious.)

Aum Namasivaya
    I have no idea, to be honest. I just needed timw to re-define and understand what I believe, and what matches that. and i need to stop religion shopping. I change every few months.

Sherab: So did you get to the Baltimore temple that I suggested? What paricular things in Sanatans Dharma are you leaning to this moment?

Since I'm such an old man, I had to go re-read some of your earlier posts to figure out who you were. You must be somewhere on the east coast. My wife and I took a driving pilgrimage (about 3.5 days) to a Ganesha temple in Omaha. It was pretty nice. We sponsored an abhishekam. We could have been in Baltimore in two more days.

Aum Namasivaya

Sherab: So did you get to the Baltimore temple that I suggested? What paricular things in Sanatans Dharma are you leaning to this moment?

Since I'm such an old man, I had to go re-read some of your earlier posts to figure out who you were. You must be somewhere on the east coast. My wife and I took a driving pilgrimage (about 3.5 days) to a Ganesha temple in Omaha. It was pretty nice. We sponsored an abhishekam. We could have been in Baltimore in two more days.

Aum Namasivaya
    Haha, thanks. I live in Pennsylvania. Never did go to Baltimore, is it a shiva temple? I'm learning how to drive still... Soon, i'll have a license.

Sounds like a good drive, though. Very good time

Vannakkam Sherab: Then you can go exploring. The one in Penn Hills of Pittsburg is a Venkateshwara (Vishnu) temple. There are two close by each other in between Baltomore and Washington. One is a Siva/Vishnu temple, and the other (the one I want to go to) is a Murugan temple of course. But Temple net or other such sites have a ton of info on where they are.

Once you get your driver's license, you can really go for it.

Aum Namasivaya

Vannakkam Sherab: Then you can go exploring. The one in Penn Hills of Pittsburg is a Venkateshwara (Vishnu) temple. There are two close by each other in between Baltomore and Washington. One is a Siva/Vishnu temple, and the other (the one I want to go to) is a Murugan temple of course. But Temple net or other such sites have a ton of info on where they are.

Once you get your driver's license, you can really go for it.

Aum Namasivaya
    thank you very much

What are you doing for mahashivaratri?

personally, i am buying a crystal lingam with base, ganges water, and also a abishek pot... I think i will just chant om nama shivaya as i do abisheka, unless i can learn otherwise...

Vannakkam: Out temple does homa at 6 PM, then abishekhams at 9, midnight, 3, and 6. I haven't been for quite some time. (For some odd reason Sivaratri here tends to draw out the weirdos.) Maybe this year. I lot of people stay till after the 12 PM puja. If I do go, it'll probably be all night, as I'm not working right now. I'll take my japa beads and do a few quiet rounds sitting alone somewhere.

Aum Namasivaya

wonderful ji

Do you know of a good website to teach a (basic) abishekam i can do every 3 hours? sadly, bel (wood apple) grows in out backyard.. but as it is winter, it has died for awhile...

Aum Nama Shivaya.

EDIT: It is actually an english walnut tree (julans regia) and can be grown in tibet and north india... not Bel. Oh well
    Last edited by Sherab; 17 January 2010 at 08:48 PM.

Thread Information