Thread: basic dharma practices

basic dharma practices

I am looking for basic dharma practices to do.

all i do right now is asana, not a whole lot.. just 1/4 lotus for 5 minutes, and then half lotus for 5 minutes... after that, one round of the mantra "Aum Gam Ganapataye namah"...

I heard if i do this for 48 days, there will be good results?

Aum Nama Sivaya.

Re: basic dharma practices

Sherab: This is excellent. When I was young I tried to to too much at once, and got into all sorts of trouble. I personally think its wise to proceed quite slowly, and get the habits of daily routine well established before adding more and more. You can increase time, or begin reading a basic scripture 5 minutes a day. You could set of one morning a month to visit a temple. At this point your choices are many. Sounds to me that you already have one important quality down pat.. patience.

Aum Namasivaya

Thank you very much EM. I'm thinking of what to buy in terms of puja supplies and all of that. I would need a guru to learn how to do lingam, abisheka, etc, but.. plenty of time.

I think EM has some good advice, perhaps I should follow it too. If I may add, perhaps you can work with third eye meditation. There are many articles and also videos of Gurus online teaching it. Also do a youtube for siva sutras. Very good stuff.

OM

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualseeker View Post
    I think EM has some good advice, perhaps I should follow it too. If I may add, perhaps you can work with third eye meditation. There are many articles and also videos of Gurus online teaching it. Also do a youtube for siva sutras. Very good stuff.

OM
    I can slip into third eye meditations pretty easily. The place where the third eye reisdes vibrates for me, almost as if painful and all my attention is on that alone.

Thread Information