Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When I was very young..

When I was very young..

I remember a time when I was very young I had a dream.. It was of a Buddha sitting in the middle of like a hundred surrounding him.. They said something to me but I cant remember what it was. I don't know what could inspire such a dream because my family was catholic and don't know a thing about eastern religions. I haven't considered myself as a Buddhist for quite awhile now since I had a vision of Krishna about 5 years ago. I was a Buddhist since 2000 and studied under a lama for that time. I would ask him about it but I haven't seen him in a long time and I don't know how to get in touch with him anymore.

What could it mean??

Re: When I was very young..

Tirisilex: When I was very young an Aunt (I think) asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said, "I want to go to the high mountains of Tibet to meditate." Can't tell if I just thought it was cool or not. Some mystics say there are past-life memories residing in babies, and the very young, until this life overpowers them. Occasionally such things happen because of this. That would be my humble guess. Many Eastern souls are getting born over here.

Aum Namasivaya
    Last edited by Eastern Mind; 17 January 2010 at 05:07 PM.

When i was young, i kept feeing a trickle wash over my head, like a small raindrop whenever i passed by a religious place.

I later learned water is put on the head as an abishekam.

Hey, nice thread!
    Strange, but the earliest memory I have is that I was born with a purpose and must engage in meditation. Other didnt know, but I knew this very well.
    “There is a Guru in each of us. It is the Atma principle. It is the Eternal Witness functioning as Conscience in everyone. With this Conscience as guide, let all actions be done.” (sss20-15)

Question Re: When I was very young..

Maybe I should repost this as a question.. What was your childhood experience (If you had one)?? Change the title to.. "When you were very young you.."

Perhaps it was a sign for you to search for wisdom in the east. Particularly Buddhism and hinduism. A lot of times in dream interpretation you need to remember the feeling you had in the dream. I am not sure what I am doing with my practice, I do SRF techniques, but dont really have a particular belief, but I will get dreams sometimes where I am in a Hindu Temple and some reason it is associated with Ganesha and Siva. Though in reality I dont have the guts to truely become a saivite etc... To be honest my friend, I still wondering what my dreams are about. Perhaps you should ask your higher self. Dwell deep in meditation and lets see if there is an answer. If nothing happens, throw some spoiled fruit at me lol.

deleted
    Last edited by Skull; 07 July 2010 at 02:45 PM.

We were poor -- well low middle class. I had a wish that on growing up i would purchase a two wheeler and would carry my father to office and back home. A lone friend, to whom i discolsed this, chided me for my petty aim.
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

as a kid i used to imagi ne i would grow up and fight god. if i get defeated i would get moksh, if i defeated him i would be god

Vannakkam Atanu:

Good friend? I suppose how serious the comment was would be an indicator.

I remember being chided by a colleague for living in a condo, instead of a house. We had made the choice for my wife to be a stay at home mom. So I thought, "You ______, don't you realise it is because we can't afford it?" It's tough when you are on the poor side of a rich to poor insensitive comment. But the good thing is the memory is harsh enough to perhaps change your own behaviour to not be that way yourself.

BTW, I believe that what you say when you are very young before really getting an intellect constructed in this lifetime, the words can be indicators of the immediate past life. But I would never read to much into it.

One of my sons looked at me when he was about 2 or so, and told me he came from a tree. I believe a friend of mine who passed a way in a tragic accident came with me from his funeral. I swear I saw him up in a spruce tree looking down at his own funeral. But who knows? Many would say I have a vivid imagination.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information