Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with an image please

Need help with an image please

Hello, I am new to the forums. I have seen the following image many times, but can someone tell me the title of the image as well as the artist?

Thank you kindly.

Namaste

Re: Need help with an image please

Vannakkam Ted: Welcome to these forums. That kind of search is tough. If you know anything about it at all, try googling. Suggestions might be Dakshinamurthy, or Balaji or Yogi along with the word painting. I wish you luck. You can also probably copy it to a disk, and take it in to a decent photo place and get a poster made for a few bucks. There's also the chance the artist is some humble being not wishing to have his name on it.

Aum Namasivaya

namaste Ted.

Welcome to HDF. Since this image appears in the "Dungeons and Dragons" community forum at http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=2308072, could it be part of a computer game?
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Quote Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
    namaste Ted.

Welcome to HDF. Since this image appears in the "Dungeons and Dragons" community forum at http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=2308072, could it be part of a computer game?
    No, I believe in that forum they just took the image from another online source, may of which are hindu / dharma sources online. I am trying to get a poster print of it, but would like to try and find out how to do so.

Smile Re: Need help with an image please

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Namaste: I found it for sale here:
    http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...a%3DN%26um%3D1

At least it looks like a poster etc. site.

Aum Namasivaya
    Thanks very much, yes I already looked at that and it is actually similar but not the same original image. Also, it was a painting that has already sold. I appreciate it none the less. The search continues...

Namaste Ted,

This picture was actually drawn by an ISKCON artist Pariksit Dasa for the Bhagavad Gita As It Is. It is called The Mystic Yogi Leaves His Body. It relates to Chapter 8 verse 25:

The mystic who passes away from this world during the smoke, the night, the fortnight of the waning moon, or the six months when the sun passes to the south reaches the moon planet but again comes back.

You can order a print from www.krishna.com

Hope this is of help to you.
    What is the most amazing thing in the world? That at every moment we are surrounded by evidence of death and yet we behave as if we will live forever! - Mahabharata

Namaste All,

I think this picture means Yogi is attending Moksha

Quote Originally Posted by Narada View Post
    Namaste Ted,

This picture was actually drawn by an ISKCON artist Pariksit Dasa for the Bhagavad Gita As It Is. It is called “The Mystic Yogi Leaves His Body”. It relates to Chapter 8 verse 25:

The mystic who passes away from this world during the smoke, the night, the fortnight of the waning moon, or the six months when the sun passes to the south reaches the moon planet but again comes back.

You can order a print from www.krishna.com

Hope this is of help to you.
    Thank you very much. I appreciate it!!
    Last edited by Ted; 26 January 2010 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Hello, I am new to the forums. I have seen the following image many times, but can someone tell me the title of the image as well as the artist?

Thank you kindly.

Namaste
    That's Ben Hur trying his hand at yoga.

Thread Information