Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New 2 MEDITATION

Re: New 2 MEDITATION

namaste mukunda,
    yeah, you are right. i've 2 approach a guru. just out of curiosity,do you also have a guru?
    but i find it difficult to find a guru,because i am not a knowledgeble person nor an ignorant.
    and also,mukunda, at what age did you start all these vedanta and things?do you practice any sadhana/celibacy? and lastly,has life changed for you in any way after this vedanta knowledge?

i know its stupid Qs but if you feel comfortable...i'm just curious about how other people who think the same concept approach life.

and i am so thrilled by the ajna chakra opening.thanks for that info.
    Sarva DharmAAn Parityajya

Vannakkam: I'm always amazed at the levels of understanding. Or perhaps better put, the differences in understanding.

This is my understanding of chakras... the muladhara is first and foremost. Most people are not even at that stable place, let alone the ajna. The fourth chakra is that of will, where the yogi can use his will to do tremendous penances like arduous long bouts of meditation. (Days, not hours, or minutes) ... the ajna is inner sight, the siddhi of seeing auras, so a sense of opening something could possibly be something else altogether.

Amith, are you now able to see auras?

It is also my understanding that we do get glimpses of awareness being in these higher chakras. We get flashes of light, etc. But there is a huge difference between driving past a castle, or taking a tour and then living in the castle as a permanent residence.

Personally, I think some yogi or yogis in the past shared some of these mystic secrets with students whose egos then went blabbing them off. Now some of this mystic stuff is misinterpreted as easily attainable by the common man. It is ego at work in my opinion, and in actuality the true mystic yogi or guru is operating at a depth most of us could never imagine. Often he would be incredibly good at hiding his level of realisation. Only those approaching his level somewhat would be able to see it.

However, this is just my personal opinion. You are free to believe otherwise.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: I'm always amazed at the levels of understanding. Or perhaps better put, the differences in understanding.

This is my understanding of chakras... the muladhara is first and foremost. Most people are not even at that stable place, let alone the ajna. The fourth chakra is that of will, where the yogi can use his will to do tremendous penances like arduous long bouts of meditation. (Days, not hours, or minutes) ... the ajna is inner sight, the siddhi of seeing auras, so a sense of opening something could possibly be something else altogether.

It is also my understanding that we do get glimpses of awareness being in these higher chakras. We get flashes of light, etc. But there is a huge difference between driving past a castle, or taking a tour and then living in the castle as a permanent residence.

Personally, I think some yogi or yogis in the past shared some of these mystic secrets with students whose egos then went blabbing them off. Now some of this mystic stuff is misinterpreted as easily attainable by the common man. It is ego at work in my opinion, and in actuality the true mystic yogi or guru is operating at a depth most of us could never imagine. Often he would be incredibly good at hiding his level of realisation. Only those approaching his level somewhat would be able to see it.

Aum Namasivaya
    well,thats exactly why i asked this Q.
    i have never done any kind of meditation even for 10 mins,nor do i know the right way. thats the reason of this thread. yogic powers or anythin like that is not my intention. its practically not possible for me.

like i said before, i was wondering what that feeling was.so i asked. and let me tell you, i cant see any suras or asuras or any other mystic stuff.may be it was somethin related 2 my skin. i dont know.

another small doubt: what is the final intent of meditation?
    is it knowledge or power?
    and isnt power the result of knowledge?

Namaste amith:

Auras and asuras are two entirely different things.

Auras are subtle fields of energy that surround people. They are colors that extend out about a metre from the body, and indicate the area of awareness that that person is in. For example, it the aura is ywllow, it means they are intellectual. If it has flashes of red, in darker colors, it indicates anger from depression. The whole study is a mystical science.

Asuras
    are beings, usually disembodied souls who are of the lower instinctive nature. They hover around people trying to be mischief makers, or magnets pulling you downwards. They like to hang around alcohol and dirt especially.

The final goal of meditation is realisation of the Self, moksha, liberation.

Once again, other answers may vary, but this is my take from my sampradaya's perspective.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste amith:

Auras and asuras are two entirely different things.

Auras are subtle fields of energy that surround people. They are colors that extend out about a metre from the body, and indicate the area of awareness that that person is in. For example, it the aura is ywllow, it means they are intellectual. If it has flashes of red, in darker colors, it indicates anger from depression. The whole study is a mystical science.

Asuras are beings, usually disembodied souls who are of the lower instinctive nature. They hover around people trying to be mischief makers, or magnets pulling you downwards. They like to hang around alcohol and dirt especially.

The final goal of meditation is realisation of the Self, moksha, liberation.

Once again, other answers may vary, but this is my take from my sampradaya's perspective.

Aum Namasivaya
    namaste eastern mind,
    i am really sorry, i read auras as asuras.
    no, i couldnt see any auras.i might say that my facial skin is smoother now,but its too early 2 come 2 any conclusion.like you mentioned before,i will practice the initial process for sometime.
    and which sampradaya are you following?

amith:

Hey if your skin is smoother that is a good thing. At my age I wish skin would get smoother. Seems it's going at about 2 new wrinkles a year now. Soon I'll look like Keith Richards. If you don't know who that is, google it with 'images'.

I follow the monistic Saiva Siddhanta school known as the natha sampradaya.

Not that it matters. Actually I follow my gut.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by amith vikram View Post
    namaste mukunda,
    yeah, you are right. i've 2 approach a guru. just out of curiosity,do you also have a guru?
    but i find it difficult to find a guru,because i am not a knowledgeble person nor an ignorant.
    and also,mukunda, at what age did you start all these vedanta and things?do you practice any sadhana/celibacy? and lastly,has life changed for you in any way after this vedanta knowledge?

i know its stupid Qs but if you feel comfortable...i'm just curious about how other people who think the same concept approach life.

and i am so thrilled by the ajna chakra opening.thanks for that info.
    Namaste Amith Vikram,

"yeah, you are right. i've 2 approach a guru. just out of curiosity,do you also have a guru?"
    yes, but not a physical one.
    "but i find it difficult to find a guru,because i am not a knowledgeble person nor an ignorant. "
    that is the case with everyone, but as someone said in this forum itself, "when the time comes, the Guru will come for you, you needn't search for the Guru".
    "at what age did you start all these vedanta and things?do you practice any sadhana/celibacy? and lastly,has life changed for you in any way after this vedanta knowledge?"
    I might state here that fortunately by GODS Grace, from my childhood, my parents and Grand parents have been motivating me in that direction. its only after i reached my adulthood that i started realising what all i have gained from these people unknowingly. I know one thing for sure, i am still in the starting stages of Sadhana\celibacy and have a pretty long way to go. Life, as one sees it changes from time to time as and when we learn more. right now the only duty i am trying to follow is to follow the path instructed by my Guru(have fallen n number of times in this, still trying...).
    Best Regards,
    mukunda

Aum Namasivaya
    Namaste EM,
    i have to agree with you on this. but one question here is that, even though the muladhara chakra is the base(as the name suggests), still when one is totally keeping muladhara at bay and focussing upon the higher chakras(like ajna), then isn't it possible to activate it alone?
    please correct me if wrong,
    best regards,
    mukunda

Quote Originally Posted by mukunda20 View Post
    Namaste EM,
    i have to agree with you on this. but one question here is that, even though the muladhara chakra is the base(as the name suggests), still when one is totally keeping muladhara at bay and focussing upon the higher chakras(like ajna), then isn't it possible to activate it alone?
    please correct me if wrong,
    best regards,
    mukunda
    Vanakkam Mukunda: I have no direct knowledge so cannot answer with any definitive certainty. If what you say is true, from my readings, it would only be possible temporarily. Think of a stack of bricks. Certainly, with your hand you could hold the 6th brick in the place that it would eventually sit. But in order for it to be permanently in place, it would need five bricks underneath it. Then you could take your hand away, and it would stay there.

I would not say that you are wrong. I am just comparing, shall we say, sources that I trust, with sources that I don't trust. The analogy above would relate to a source I trust.

Having said that, because of the ego enhancement thing about mystical knowledge, I believe there are a lot of new age gurus and the like that teach something that borders on sensationalism just to attract an audience or sell more books. It feeds the ego to think one can be in the ajna chakra. Perhaps I'm just some cynical old bastard, but I've seen too many people spouting off about this stuff when its obvious they actually know very little. Kind of like the guy with the 'How to Get Rich Quick' scheme who comes driving up in a Beater Ford Tempo, and clothes that appear to be from the closest Salvation Army.

There are also 7 chakras below the muladhara, but nobody likes to mention them because they're not, shall we say... positive. Things like greed, lust, deceit.

Of course, you are free to differ. You can trust any source you want. But personally I'm somewhat cautious of the "Instant Enlightenment Guaranteed' types. I think its a side path to living a virtuous life, for most ordinary folk.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste EM,
    you wrote "Vanakkam Mukunda: I have no direct knowledge so cannot answer with any definitive certainty. If what you say is true, from my readings, it would only be possible temporarily. Think of a stack of bricks. Certainly, with your hand you could hold the 6th brick in the place that it would eventually sit. But in order for it to be permanently in place, it would need five bricks underneath it. Then you could take your hand away, and it would stay there.
    "
    Of course the Muladhara chakra, if initiated in the proper manner, will rise up activating all other chakras on the way until the Sahasraarka chakra is reached(this might be the best way to do it). but i beg to differ on the analogy you have provided as these chakras can be activated on their own and the way through muladhara is one of the many ways. for example, one may prefer to focus only on the vishudha(throat), ajna(third eye) and sahasraarka chakra(top of head) or only one also. all it depends at the end of the day is what is gained from the Sadhana since one does Sadhana to progress. coming back to your analogy, what if we consider the other way round, let us consider a point where the sahasraarka chakra is opened (by only focussing on higher chakras, not muladhara)which ultimately leads to enlightenment. does the brick theory still hold good?

Of course there are many fake Gurus wanting to have more popularity\instant fame etc and are everyday luring the desperate.that is probably why we have many Jagath Gurus for one Jagath nowadays.
    Best regards,
    mukunda

Thread Information