Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New 2 MEDITATION

Re: New 2 MEDITATION

mukunda:

I don't come here to start arguments about such things. I gave you my point of view, and it stands. Perhaps I am dead wrong. It wouldn't be the first time, nor will it be the last. If you want to take the view that any chakras can be opened at will with concentration, then that's your right. You could very well be correct. Who am I to say? My teaching and understanding is that the nature is 'rising kundalini' not jumping around kundalini, and no other chakra is possible unless the snake is well adjusted stationed permanently at the muladhara.

You are, once again, totally welcome to differ. That is the beauty of Hinduism. There are different schools of thought. Whichever makes the most sense to you is the one you should latch on to.

Aum Namasivaya

"mukunda:

I don't come here to start arguments about such things. I gave you my point of view, and it stands. Perhaps I am dead wrong. It wouldn't be the first time, nor will it be the last. If you want to take the view that any chakras can be opened at will with concentration, then that's your right. You could very well be correct. Who am I to say? My teaching and understanding is that the nature is 'rising kundalini' not jumping around kundalini, and no other chakra is possible unless the snake is well adjusted stationed permanently at the muladhara.

You are, once again, totally welcome to differ. That is the beauty of Hinduism. There are different schools of thought. Whichever makes the most sense to you is the one you should latch on to.

Aum Namasivaya"

Namaste EM,
    First of all, I would like to apologize if any mistake\arrogant words occurred from my side since my intention was not to start any argument or to differ just for argument sake, but to have a healthy discussion where i could improve in those areas where my ignorance is more visible.
    secondly, could you kindly point out the mistake in my viewpoint?
    my viewpoint is: when one can focus on the muladhara chakra and make it rise up after activation, why not focus on some other chakra as well and activate it alone?
    please forgive me arrogance and ignorance.
    Best Regards,
    mukunda

Mukunda: The mistake is that you can't activate it alone. Not unless previous ones have already been activated in a more permanent way. Again, just my opinion.

But yes, once the channel (sushumna) is clear, so to speak, you can hold awareness at a particular chakra. So for example if a metaphysical teacher saw the need to read someone's aura for the benefit of helping that devotee, he could stay in the awareness of the ajna just to have a 'good look' or study the that aura.

Also from my perspective, all of this is basically not possible without the prerequisite - practice of celibacy. For it is the same energy, the sexual energy, once transmuted by being withheld, that propels the snake upward. So from my viewpoint, any non -celibate individual talking about higher chakras is doing so from reading books or good fictional narration, not from any direct experience.

Yet still it is useful to hold a road map before going somewhere.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste EM,
    Thanks for the clarification.
    Best Regards,
    mukunda

Quote Originally Posted by mukunda20 View Post
    my viewpoint is: when one can focus on the muladhara chakra and make it rise up after activation, why not focus on some other chakra as well and activate it alone?
    mukunda
    Your viewpoint is correct. It is not only possible but very benefical to let the mind rest on other chakras than the muladhara and many such contemplations or Dhyanas are described in the Yoga shastras, such as Patanjali Yoga Sutras, Goraksha Sataka, Siddha Siddhanta Paddhati, Shiva Samhita and other Yoga shastras, also in almost all the Tantras and Agamas, and in diverse Upanishads there are several instances where the beneficial results of meditation on the hridaya chakra, ajna chakra, sahasrara and other chakras are mentioned. Especially diverse meditations on the hridaya padma for achieving Atma Jnana are very much encouraged in the Upanishads.

For instance in Patanjalis Yoga sutras, some locations of chakras are mentioned amongst other objects of meditation in Chapter 3. There Patanjali, the foremost Authorithy of Samkhya Yoga, states for instance, that by samyama on:

32 hridaye chittasanvit
    In the heart, knowledge of minds.

33. moordhajyotishi siddhadarshanam
    On the light emanating from the top of the head sight of the S
    iddhas.

is achieved. All Hindu Yoga Gurus and Siddhas are uniformely recommending meditation on the other chakras, also several chakras other then Muladhara can be starting points from where Kundalini shakti can move upwards.

In the Upanishads there are a lot of contemplations mentionend where Kundalini in the form of Vak Devi, or Pranava, that means in her pure form as unstruck sound (Nada) is made to ascend from the anahata padma to the brain chakra. In Hatha Yoga ascend is usually started from nabhi chakra or muladhara.

Last edited by MahaHrada; 29 January 2010 at 02:01 PM.

Namaste MahaHrada,

Thanks for the valuable information and for backing this viewpoint.
    Thanks,
    mukunda

Thread Information