Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christian Inspired me

Christian Inspired me

I was hanging out with a Christian Woman today and I observed how she loved Jesus.. She would talk to him as if he was right there with us and she wasn't scared to do so. It made me think.. I should do the same for Krishna.. She was inspiring me and she didnt know it.. Thank God.. Could you imagine? "Thank you Julie for helping me get closer to Krishna." Then Julie would say "Oh NO! Ken! Come back to Christ!! I'll pray for your return!!"

Re: Christian Inspired me

Yeah, awkward...

just learn from everyone

Good to hear. There are several inspirational spiritual truths in Christianity, and often the can be expressed in even the most ardent of fundamentalists.

A learned Brahmin was once instructed in Dharma by a butcher. But he did not become butcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirisilex View Post
    I was hanging out with a Christian Woman today and I observed how she loved Jesus.. She would talk to him as if he was right there with us and she wasn't scared to do so. It made me think.. I should do the same for Krishna.. She was inspiring me and she didnt know it.. Thank God.. Could you imagine? "Thank you Julie for helping me get closer to Krishna." Then Julie would say "Oh NO! Ken! Come back to Christ!! I'll pray for your return!!"
    Hmmmmmmmmmm! So, talking to Krishna does what for you?

I can understand her distress. To be away from Jesus is equivalent to being dead. However it intrigues me that a return is mentioned. I tend to think you were never there.

Good to hear.

Talk to Krishna, but not in front of a psychiatrist.

Quote Originally Posted by jaggin View Post
    That is a direct example of you attempting to ridicule our faith. The hatred and ignorance in your words is astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by BryonMorrigan View Post
    That is a direct example of you attempting to ridicule our faith. The hatred and ignorance in your words is astounding.
    The funny thing is that a Hindu could ask a Christian the very same thing. Likely the Christian would cite all the moral changes that Jesus has made in his life; e.g. how he saved him from drugs, alcohol, extra-martial sex, or whatever. What I find funny about this is that as a born Hindu, I've lived by the same straight-laced rules my entire life, and could attribute the same thing to Sri Krishna, Sri Vishnu, or whatever form of God I like.

Of course the evangelicals would call me "dead," since as Jaggin says, "to be away from Jesus is equivalent to being dead." This gets back to one of my fundamental philosophical problems with evangelical Christianity: the claim is untestable. When you've got Hindus and Christians who make precisely the same moral choices (whether good or bad), how can you attribute someone's moral behavior to their religion (or indwelling of the Holy Spirit, if you must use Christianese)? I've never gotten a straight answer to this.

I can understand her distress. To be away from Jesus is equivalent to being dead. However it intrigues me that a return is mentioned. I tend to think you were never there.
    Dear Jaggin,

Appreciate your presence and concern.

Considering your apparent moderate approach towards your religion, it might be a risky proposition for you to hang around for long in this forum.

There is a chance that you might get drawn into the knowledge pool unknowingly. This will give you severe dilemma and stress in your life, which you can jolly well avoid.

Love and best wishes

You claim to know my status when you know nothing about me.. Before I was ever a Hindu I was a hardcore Pentacostalist.. I read my Bible and studied it.. I did all that I could to be close to Jesus.. But then I had a period of suffering that pushed me away from Christianity and brought me to the Hindu Faith..
    Thats the SHORT version I dont feel like sharing all the details because it would end up as a book..

Thread Information