Thread: Parents and ancestor

Parents and ancestor

One of ten commandments :

Honor your father and your mother, so that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

So they honour parents because to get long live ?

all of religion is want we honour parents

but still have different here

i think christian people love to parents is not totaly

because after die, they do nothings to parents.

They received one believed who said "who not receive Jesus as God will burn in hell"

so, if parents cannot receive Jesus because culture background ?
    or because psychological ?

so they cursed their parents and ancestor to the hell
    they know parents is still burn in hell, but in world they still can enjoy the live. They will go to heaven without dont care again about parents or even brothers and sisters.

what kind of love this ?

I said Sanata Dharma teaching about family love is more deeply.
    Hindu and Buddhism teach us how to honour parents, brothers, sisters , family not only when they still alive, but also
    teach us how to save your family with the power of Dharma after they die

oh... so beautifull of family relation
    this is the true heaven to humanity

this is the one why i choose refuge in the Sanata Dharma and leave christian

OM. VAJRA. VISHNUYA. SVAHA
    OM. VAJRA. GARUDA. CALE CALE. HUM PHAT

OM. AMOGHA VAIROCANA. MAHA-MUDRA. MANI PADMA JVALA PRAVARTTAYA. HUM

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
    Saha Viiryam Karava-Avahai |
    Tejasvi Nau-Adhii-Tam-Astu Maa Vidviss-Aavahai |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Re: Parents and ancestor

Quote Originally Posted by shian View Post
    One of ten commandments :

Honor your father and your mother, so that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

So they honour parents because to get long live ?

all of religion is want we honour parents

but still have different here

i think christian people love to parents is not totaly

because after die, they do nothings to parents.
    Well, I would phrase it a bit differently. I'd say that evangelical Christians with evangelical parents do have a wholehearted love for their parents. But converts from other religions will invariably rebel against their parents for not "seeing the light" and converting as well. It's a double standard. If you're a Western American, you get to honor your parents by following in their noble Christian traditions. If you are so fortunate as to be born in a Western American family, you've got a fairly high probability that your family is evangelical. And even if they are part of a liberal denomination, you can honor them by practicing an even stricter version of their faith. But if you are born in a heathen Indian family, you're expected to give up your family's pagan ways and follow after God.

I have never seen an evangelical give a straight answer to this issue. Usually I get some speech about the importance of truth, which I find dubious given that there's no "proof" for Christianity, and that all of the apologetic arguments are based on academically-poor research.

They received one believed who said "who not receive Jesus as God will burn in hell"

so, if parents cannot receive Jesus because culture background ?
    or because psychological ?
    You seem to have identified the same problem with Christianity as I have. I'd be interested to hear more of your thoughts on this.

so they cursed their parents and ancestor to the hell
    they know parents is still burn in hell, but in world they still can enjoy the live. They will go to heaven without dont care again about parents or even brothers and sisters.

what kind of love this ?
    It's the same kind of love that Christian slave-traders have shown in Africa, that Christian colonizers have given India, and that Christian settlers demonstrated to the Native Americans. In theory the Christian gospel sounds wonderful: the motivation for preaching is not hatred, but an earnest desire for the non-Christian to escape the torment of hell. The problem is that there's a built-in superiority complex, and it almost always leads to hatred rather than love.

I said Sanata Dharma teaching about family love is more deeply.
    Hindu and Buddhism teach us how to honour parents, brothers, sisters , family not only when they still alive, but also
    teach us how to save your family with the power of Dharma after they die

oh... so beautifull of family relation
    this is the true heaven to humanity

this is the one why i choose refuge in the Sanata Dharma and leave christian
    Yes, I think that this is by far the most important reason why Hindus should never convert to Christianity.

Thread Information